1. Nick Schwab's rating of the film Groundhog Day

Life comes with a purpose-- survival. But birth doesn't come with a meaning. Only monotony. We wake, work, go out, sleep. Repeat. It's an infinite time loop, with alterations to the cycle, if ostensibly. To break it requires self-actualization: discovering yourself and your place in the world and leaving a legacy when you die, all means living with a true meaning... as we all are born to die unless we grow to live.

2. enkii__bilal's rating of the film Groundhog Day

Misanthropy in the comedy. The main point of this movie is that a man will find his happiness only if he realizes his mistakes and adapt/adjust himself to other people.

3. Ashley Spendlove's rating of the film Groundhog Day

Anchored by Murray's inimitable melancholic performance, Ramis's comedy is distinguished by its willingness to engage with the shadow beneath its comedic conceits. Rewatching after many years, I had forgotten how dark this film gets in places and how this beneficially offsets the more straightforward comedy. However my pleasure was tempered somewhat by the more creepy aspects of the final act.

4. Dan Kenneth Gigernes's rating of the film Groundhog Day

A highly original romantic comedy when it premiered about a man trapped in a repeating time loop where every day is similar and only his actions changes. Now this has been done in almost any science fiction show I can think of. The funniest segments are when Murray gets more desperate and crazy over the situation and become suicidal trying to kill himself off but awake the next day seeing nothing helps.

5. teresa romã's rating of the film Groundhog Day

Someone should have noticed Bill Murray kissing skills. Besides that, I will watch this a thousand times.

6. ju's rating of the film Groundhog Day

7. yesim.tuba's rating of the film Groundhog Day

Hey! Open your senses to the world! And be authentic...

8. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Groundhog Day

It turns out the gods want us to perfect ourselves. Why? Most of the time they're perfectly content with letting us destroy each other. Isn't the rest of his life going to be a huge disappointment after working so diligently on making the perfect day? No more do-overs or backsies.

9. Erica __'s rating of the film Groundhog Day

Great but too long. Won't change my opinion because I'll probably never decide to watch it again to find out.

10. Adam Whybray's rating of the film Groundhog Day

4.5 stars. Reptition with difference is very satisfying. One of the most enjoyable "family films" from that period in the mid-90s to the early 90s when Ramis, Columbus et al were making sassy, semi-earnest all American comedies for those aged 12-120. I don't wholly agree with the Dalai Lama that it is a great spiritual film since Connors only tries being good as the absolute last restort, but he knows better than me!

11. Mark Tallo's rating of the film Groundhog Day

12. lou.'s rating of the film Groundhog Day

Bill's always fun and I love him so.

13. Chihao Tsang's rating of the film Groundhog Day

14. alchimia's rating of the film Groundhog Day

I almost cried when he jumped off a cliff with the groundhog. Be safe little groundhog.

15. Thomas's rating of the film Groundhog Day

A perfect showcase for Bill Murray, the premise allowing him to crank-up his sharp, impeccably executed ascerbic indifference by greater degrees as his predicament continues interminably. Fun, charming, absurd, philosophical.. this film has all the familiar armth of character, seasonal holidays and a whole host of inventive ways in which to kill oneself in times of mindnumbing repetative boredom. It's a Doozy!

16. janh24's rating of the film Groundhog Day

A very satisfying picture indeed.

17. tealeaves's rating of the film Groundhog Day

Yes it is enjoyable! Visually disgusting though I suppose that's the point...pace is strange...but Bill Murray is a god as he says.

18. Kaonashiii's rating of the film Groundhog Day

I saw this at the cinema when it first came out and hated it. I don't hate it any more. It's really pretty good. However; I know it's probably against the law to hate on Bill Murray, but using his predicament to gen up on women in order to pull them verges on creepy-stalky, no?

19. Ramzi's rating of the film Groundhog Day

Swept off my feet, what a fabulous film

20. Steve Thompson's rating of the film Groundhog Day

What a gem "Groundhog Day" is, succeeding in many wonderful ways. Standing apart from most other films of its era, it still convinces as a comedy that is sharp and witty, genuine and affecting in sentiment, refreshingly imaginative and thought-provoking and hilarious throughout. Those who discover this film for the first time may want to experience it again, and again, and again...

21. ofNatalie LA's rating of the film Groundhog Day

I am the last person on earth to watch this and I really enjoyed it. Phil is indifferent to everyone which is pretty inspiring but apparently that's wrong so having tried manipulating various people for his own ends and gaining no sustainable satisfaction, he has to first learn that Rita's kindness/willingness to relate is a good thing, before he realises it's the 'right' way to be. Not really convinced I understood.

22. Andreea Serpe's rating of the film Groundhog Day

23. babycakesromero's rating of the film Groundhog Day

the irony is you can watch it over and over and it never drops off. ever. its perfect

24. Charlotte Tillieux's rating of the film Groundhog Day