1. FISCHER's rating of the film Gunfight at the O.K. Corral

>>> Un western hyper-classique qui rappelle étrangement par son scénario, "La poursuite infernale" et qui a gardé, malgré le temps un évident souffle épique et un remarquable dynamisme dans les scènes d'action. Pour conclure, le duo Lancaster/Douglas reste inoubliable. Il est vrai que John Sturges n'est pas le premier venu et qu'il donna ses lettres de noblesse, au genre... www.cinefiches.com

2. Severus Snape's rating of the film Gunfight at the O.K. Corral

(3,5) "it's not that i want to be a gunfighter, exactly. it's just... i don't know, sometimes i get lonely."

3. Aardsy's rating of the film Gunfight at the O.K. Corral

A quintessential western, preserved in amber.

4. Dainius's rating of the film Gunfight at the O.K. Corral

5. opandadodavid's rating of the film Gunfight at the O.K. Corral

Gosh, I enjoyed a western for once in my life

6. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Gunfight at the O.K. Corral

The talent was a bit top heavy with Kirk and Burt in the lead roles, and the rest of the cast not so great. It also did that romance thing, which didn't seem essential to the story. I much preferred 'Hour of the Gun' because it was better focused.

7. JonMB's rating of the film Gunfight at the O.K. Corral

Kirk Douglas does an awesome job as Doc Holiday. Maybe it is not exactly historically accurate but, if you are into westerns, this movie should not be missed. Another fantastically directed film by John Sturges.

8. Terry_Moby's rating of the film Gunfight at the O.K. Corral

Classic Hollywood fare with everything in the right place. The camerawork still holds up, Tiomkins title song not quite as well... Douglas stands out.

9. Michael Zyx MH Claes's rating of the film Gunfight at the O.K. Corral

10. RoRoRoro's rating of the film Gunfight at the O.K. Corral

11. The Mayor Of Hell's rating of the film Gunfight at the O.K. Corral

I'm such a sucker for the BroMance that is Wyatt Earp and Doc Holliday. This was wildly inaccurate but I'm over that kind of stuff if the movie is done right and this is pretty damn well done right. Kirk just won second place in my greatest docs on film.Now mind you I have NOT finished"DOC"yet so Keach may pass himHe was on that path. Anywho, Hopper is in this!Man he really spaned about every era eh?Gunfight is tits

12. Federico Di Folco's rating of the film Gunfight at the O.K. Corral

Super-western classico,prima della rivoluzione targata Leone-Peckinpah.Qui le figure leggendarie sono inserite alla grande negli spazi e nella musica,Sturges crea un rapporto virile magnifico tra Lancaster e Douglas e gestisce la tensione da Maestro sino all'atteso finale.Solido,efficace e senza fronzoli,forse la trasposizione più riuscita della figura di Wyatt Earp. Epocale, da 4*

13. Karl J. Kipling's rating of the film Gunfight at the O.K. Corral

A textbook example of Hollywood professionalism on all fronts, though it never quite soars. Always interesting to see another riff on this oft-riffed tale.

14. Franklinton Underground Cinema's rating of the film Gunfight at the O.K. Corral

Not bad, but not "My Darling Clementine".

15. Michael Harbour's rating of the film Gunfight at the O.K. Corral

A very typical, competent Hollywood western melodrama. A bit overlong. Kirk Douglas is surprisingly effective as Doc Holiday.

16. João Eça's rating of the film Gunfight at the O.K. Corral

There's more life in any of this picture's shots than in all the shots of Ozu's "An Autumn Afternoon". I'm making this comparison because Sturges is a very unknown director and Ozu is so much famous (also, I watched "An Autumn Afternoon" recently and didn't like it). I really don't understand all that bullshit about Ozu's static shots: Sturge's shots, static or not, are as beautiful and true as shots can be.

17. Christofer Pierson's rating of the film Gunfight at the O.K. Corral

Ok, but Sturges' and Douglas' Last Train from Gun Hill, which is less well known, is far superior.