1. Viginti_tres's rating of the film Guy and Madeline on a Park Bench

Charming, if incoherent, musical musings.

2. mikong's rating of the film Guy and Madeline on a Park Bench

fun incessant panning, tap dance, jazz he would later hollywoodize in la la land. at least chazelle hasn't overdone his shit here

3. novanindro's rating of the film Guy and Madeline on a Park Bench

chazelle and i are on the same cassavetes bandwagon we do love shadows

4. Rodrigo Morais's rating of the film Guy and Madeline on a Park Bench

5. Raymond Likes Subtitles's rating of the film Guy and Madeline on a Park Bench

I was hoping for something better. Maybe I need to watch it again.

6. Will Thede's rating of the film Guy and Madeline on a Park Bench

16mm black-and-white musical magic. The diner dance sequence is delightful. I've only seen the previews for Chazelle's 'La La Land' but I can already tell there are seeds of that film in this earlier one.

7. Polyglot's rating of the film Guy and Madeline on a Park Bench

Instantly fell in love with Desiree Garcia tap dancing in the restaurant. ♥♥

8. Mike Spence's rating of the film Guy and Madeline on a Park Bench

9. Jazzaloha's rating of the film Guy and Madeline on a Park Bench

This is going to be screening in a few weeks. Anyone think I should see this?

10. curmudgeon pudding's rating of the film Guy and Madeline on a Park Bench

I'm probably of a minority who would've enjoyed this played as straight realism. The sensibilities brought to the fore are very oil and water, and the film's non-realism influences are sloppily executed and phony.

11. Matt Richards's rating of the film Guy and Madeline on a Park Bench

About as independent as it gets. Black & white, musical, arty, mummblecore meets Goddard. Tap dancing and sublime, subtle performances. The camera work is perfectly matched to the action. Fresh. 4 stars

12. Matt Kilgore's rating of the film Guy and Madeline on a Park Bench

You never hear anyone blasting John Coltrane or... some Charlie Parker

13. Kyle Lewis's rating of the film Guy and Madeline on a Park Bench

A nice Cinema-Verite style and 1 really well choreographed music sequence make it one of the more enjoyable indies in a while.

14. Matthew_Lucas's rating of the film Guy and Madeline on a Park Bench

This 16 mm, black and white musical about a young couple's dissolution and reunion is something wholly magical and keenly in tune with the beats and rhythms of NYC. Combines Jazz, French New Wave, and old Hollywood musicals into a vibrant and lively romance brimming with joy.

15. toeachiscinema's rating of the film Guy and Madeline on a Park Bench

Decent hommage to the French New Wave and 30s Hollywood. Sort of the perfect rip off.

16. Ally the Manic Listmaker's rating of the film Guy and Madeline on a Park Bench

17. Spencer Lindenman's rating of the film Guy and Madeline on a Park Bench