1. ΞRIC B∆D TASTΞ's rating of the film Gypsy 83

freedom, great music, wonderful outfits / make-up, lovely friendship, a spontaneous road trip & goosebumps makes this drama to a must watch movie !

2. Subterranean Cinema's rating of the film Gypsy 83

This is an excellent independent film that I just discovered today after hearing "Talk to Me" playing in a grocery store after at least a decade, and being reminded of how powerful of a singer Stevie Nicks was. The karaoke scene is spot on, and the hetero/homosexual content is balanced nicely between the two very empathetic likeable main characters, and the incidents have a sense of realism to them. Watch it! **** 4

3. Sarah Smith's rating of the film Gypsy 83

I'm so happy to find this listed on mubi!! This film really does something to me. I find myself a little embarrassed at my absolute love for this film but it's so nostalgic and reminiscent of my life as a goth kid. I'm so in love with the soundtrack and the scenes with Karen Black. Ugh, I've been so obsessed with this film ever since I saw it for the first time last summer!

4. Matt Burgess's rating of the film Gypsy 83

Sappy TV aesthetics aside, a sweet goth coming-of-age indie flick that comes from a genuine place and has two awesome performances from its "misfit" leads. Sara Rue is beautiful.