1. João Luís Ribeiro's rating of the film Half Nelson

How can you not like Ryan Gosling??? Or should I say want to be..

2. Aedin Walsh's rating of the film Half Nelson

grim open-ended, like addiction itself, and his society which tolerates being blind to it... thereby perpetuating it.. Beautiful skillful acting.... frustratingly unfinished... but very well made. cuts close to the bone, in individualist urban life.

3. Savanna Ruedy's rating of the film Half Nelson

I adore Ryan Gosling and this movie has good parts in it. I definitely get a little bored from time to time and the ending left you hanging.

4. Chris's rating of the film Half Nelson

racist & creepy, bad editing, weird filming style... just not very good at all; waste of a good cast

5. J.J. 'Jake' Gittes's rating of the film Half Nelson

There is almost no plot here. And we almost don't know nothing about the main character. A drug addicted young teacher is preaching water while drinking wine. Unsympathic person; slow, very slow storytelling; boring. I had a hard time watching it to the end.

6. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film Half Nelson

7. Ilona Tru's rating of the film Half Nelson

But where is the other half

8. selinja's rating of the film Half Nelson

9. Jim Fear's rating of the film Half Nelson

10. Jeremy Ashlyn's rating of the film Half Nelson

*high* praise (see what i did thar?)

11. sputnixed's rating of the film Half Nelson

"What do you call cheese that's not yours?" "What?" "Nacho cheese." i fell for gosling the first time watching this

12. camille's rating of the film Half Nelson

13. antibody's rating of the film Half Nelson

it's sick to wear rubber bands and shoot drugs

14. EXNihiloTV's rating of the film Half Nelson

This is why I hate hearing Ryan Gosling is not a good actor and just a pretty face. in 2006 when this came out nobody knew Ryan Nelson. The story line was fantastic but could have used a better production team. Gosling Amazing though.

15. JasonAv's rating of the film Half Nelson

16. pluviosity's rating of the film Half Nelson

Ryan Gosling was good on picturing a man who can't change, don't want to change, don't know whether he want it or not--yet still put on with his own life.

17. Ariel Rowan's rating of the film Half Nelson

18. raggiodisole's rating of the film Half Nelson

What you get for your money here is a reasonable Ryan Gosling performance, a tough to swallow story, some superb music and a puzzling conclusion

19. andrew's rating of the film Half Nelson

One of the great teacher movies!

20. Jonathan Smith's rating of the film Half Nelson

Admittedly I saw this a while ago, however nothing memorable springs to mind looking back. Ryan Gosling coasts off his cool persona as an excuse for a drab performance filled with vapid forlorn glances. Gosling doesn't captivate, but neither does Fleck's script and style - which lacks purpose and urgency. The premise is enticing and in a better hands it could be a remarkable tale.

21. Imelda Says's rating of the film Half Nelson

Ryan Gosling = 5 stars, always, because I have a serious infatuation problem. But also because this film is so deft at dialectics, pitting forces against each other in endless rounds of insoluble conflict, within individuals, between individuals, between races, between classes, throughout society. What will 'win' - gang life, education, The Man, authenticity, crack, sobriety?

22. Superfrog's rating of the film Half Nelson

23. Huw Morgan's rating of the film Half Nelson

wrenching, vague, intense, formidable, prescient to anyone with dreams really.

24. Neil Maxfield's rating of the film Half Nelson