1. Palmat's rating of the film Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers

Decent slasher sequel that tries hard to capture past glories of this series without much success. The first reel is pretty good but from there it is all downhill. The ending is ok and the final image is quite chilling. The major detriment is the hamfisted direction and that is looks like a TV-movie in the way that it was shot. Ok flick if you´re a fan of the series and one of the better sequels.

2. HKFanatic's rating of the film Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers

It's the middle of summer yet I've found myself in a horror mood (go figure). But I daresay the opening credits of "Halloween 4" - possibly my favorite opening credits of all time, a series of eerie images perfectly evoking an atmosphere of autumnal dread - would put anybody in a horror mood. The rest of the film is a serviceable slasher at best, but I can appreciate the attempt to recapture the feel of the original.

3. Tyler Wright's rating of the film Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers

Really not a bad movie, perhaps even the 2nd best Halloween movie. I like the part where Michael Myers picks up a rifle...and STABS someone in the stomach with it! Hilarious!

4. Rafael Fonseca's rating of the film Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers

The gang had left (Carpenter, Hill, Lee Wallace) so they dragged poor Pleasence into this premise stretched thinnest. Although that first half including Myers driving a tow truck is just ridiculous, they make up for it with an inspired and vertical final act - and subplots like the vigilante justice show it's not shallow. A decent flick for afficionados. Seeing the homages to Jamie Lee Curtis is worth the missteps.

5. Dan Kenneth Gigernes's rating of the film Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers

Poor, Dr. Loomis (Donald Pleasence) is really falling apart in this one and he sells the film's most haunting moment - it's ending. The movie itself could have been better visualized and edited, but it is an intriguing film with some good ideas. The only good "Halloween" movie without Laurie Strode.

6. Nolan Barth's rating of the film Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers

Look, I'm a huge slasher nut. It doesn't take a lot to make me happy when it comes to this genre. I'm the key demographic for this film! And yet I couldn't help but feel bored for most of the running time... This movie as a whole just feels uninspired. They had a chance to do something real special here, but in the end this is a generic slasher film that doesn't hold a candle to the original.

7. lessthanzero's rating of the film Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers

My second favorite Halloween film, after the original.

8. Bob's rating of the film Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers

Solid sequel that sets the track of "Friday the 13th" series treatment with Michael becoming a robotic superhuman. Great opening sequence with autumnal, rural and hostile imagery without iconic score and just as good ending with evil being something more than just a masked boogeyman. It capitalizes on Donald Pleasence's presence and prophetic lines while the rest is pretty much inferior rerun of Carpenter's original.

9. ceknklsn's rating of the film Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers

10. Polyglot's rating of the film Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers

"At least we'll have some MTV while we wait for the cavalry."

11. Rattzz Matanzano's rating of the film Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers

I like this one. Surprise ending is good, I don't usually like plot twists like that one, but in this case it worked.

12. msmichel's rating of the film Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers

The road to mediocrity began with this entry which finds an uninspired Michael tracking down his niece with the usual body count. Young Danielle Harris was quite good here as Jamie but the rest of the cast just flounders. Worth seeing just for those final minutes that promised a lot and delivered........not much.

13. Jordan Kaltz's rating of the film Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers

An extra star or that ending!!!!

14. Joshua's rating of the film Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers

Horrendously dull after a nifty and well directed first 30 or so minutes. Nameless characters and a Michael that feels as if he is the stuntman that he truly is... Halloween 4 may not be the worst of the series, but for being unable to stand out from the crowd, aside from the amazing ending that STILL chills to this day, it fits in with the latter half of the series. We should have let Myers die in the hospital.

15. Igor Leoni's rating of the film Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers

16. João R's rating of the film Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers

The story is not that bad but the events in the movie are. However, Danielle Harris was perfection in this; she was just a child!

17. Scout Tafoya's rating of the film Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers

The guy they got to play Michael Myers was just not up to it.

18. Zachary Stahlman's rating of the film Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers

If you think Rob Zombie's remake is pathetic, Sweetheart, You have not seen Halloween 4.

19. Horror Whore's rating of the film Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers

Pretty crappy, but the last 20 minutes are fun!

20. Ari's rating of the film Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers

Underrated entry into the series (best after the first two). A shame that the still they chose is key spoiler.