1. Amandio Filipe Moura's rating of the film Halloween II

2. Mathias Palmberg's rating of the film Halloween II

Good sequel that sadly succumbs to the slasher tropes that the original eschewed (well kind of...). The setting is great and the film looks and sounds just right but the gory deaths and a meandering second reel makes this less compelling than it should have been. And Curtis is sadly underused in favour of characterless slasher fodder.

3. Rafael Fonseca's rating of the film Halloween II

"The tribe! One of their number was butchered, this is the wake!" Imagine walking in the theater in 81 and it starting exactly where we left off, with the incredible cold opening. The same night,the long,long dark night of the soul with amazing Pleasence as our spirit guide.Robust sequel that plays the labyrinthine hospital & its disposable denizens to full advantage. Hectic,despair.(the burning of the kid in mask..)

4. ionu's rating of the film Halloween II

5. Nolan Barth's rating of the film Halloween II

"You don't know what death is!" This film is a bit of a guilty pleasure for me. Is this as well made as the first film? Not at all, but it's a fun follow up to the first one and it adds a lot to the mythos of Michael Myers. Also I think that the one area this does surpass the original in is the deaths and the kill scenes. This is by my no means a great film, but it is a fun film for horror fans.

6. Andre Flickatina's rating of the film Halloween II

needed less Michael on the screen. lost the feeling that gave the first such a great pace & feel. i don't know how the series can go on without Loomis

7. ceknklsn's rating of the film Halloween II

8. SLionsCricket's rating of the film Halloween II

Somewhat of a jumbled mess, "Halloween II" is missing coherent storytelling and effective building of suspense. It is fun at times, but pales in every regard to Carpenter's masterpiece.

9. Matt Rolls's rating of the film Halloween II

Way more fun and entertaining than the first, although there is one scene involving Pamela Shoop that is particularly sadistic and doesn't sit right with me. Pleasence is on top, most ridiculous form, reprising his role as Dr. Loomis ("I shot him six tiiyaams!") whilst Lance Guest props up his short career. I think, unfortunately, the one weak link is actually Jamie Lee Curtis. A minor eighties genre classic.

10. Kamran's rating of the film Halloween II

Phantom presence no longer phantomic, the supernatural less mystic, continuity destroyed, tonally similar but affected. 67/100 - Decent (2.5)

11. Ryan327's rating of the film Halloween II

12. CarlosEsquives's rating of the film Halloween II

Lo que me molesta de esta versión es iniciar con esa misma mecánica como la que empezaba su original. Eso, además de inclinarse al sacrilegio, le resta originalidad. Lo resto sin embargo está dentro de lo aceptable. La atmósfera que se crea conserva esa textura de misterio a pesar de que las locaciones son más amplias. El otro atractivo es que es literalmente la continuación de la historia.

13. ñiñiñi's rating of the film Halloween II

hueá más entretenida del planeta

14. Xiu's rating of the film Halloween II

15. Eufrasia Erika's rating of the film Halloween II

kubenci adegan teriak minta tolong tapi suara habis :(

16. Dan's rating of the film Halloween II

I fell asleep for about half of the first one but did appreciate this picking up immediately after. I did not appreciate the 90 minutes that followed.

17. film_lies101's rating of the film Halloween II

18. msmichel's rating of the film Halloween II

Solid sequel that makes the mistake of trying to replicate the original and only coming off as imitation not to mention reactionary with its inclusion of gore this time around to placate a marketplace that was already full of imitators. Having said that the journeyman direction of Rosenthal gets the job done with some memorable moments of violence and a game turn by Curtis. Novel in continuing the night.

19. Jordan Kaltz's rating of the film Halloween II

a few v good deaths (the drowning in boiling water) + the ending is SO good. not tense enough in the first 40 mins tho

20. Mike's rating of the film Halloween II

I really feel this is the second best movie in the whole series. All the scenes in the hospital are amazing. I can't go in a hospital today without thinking of this movie.

21. Joks's rating of the film Halloween II

After a brilliant opening scene--which feels like a leftover from the original--it goes downhill and never recovers. The setting was unique for its time, and quite inspired. The idea of a hospital functioning like a morgue works incredibly well on the level of mood, but Rosenthal's lazy direction undermines the whole creative enterprise from the word go. Not even Cundey can save it, although he tries.

22. Troy Savory's rating of the film Halloween II

Bland script with a few memorable moments, the film yearns for Carpenters Direction. A worthy sequel and worth a watch but nothing more; Curtis is also incredibly under used.

23. Alexandre Roy's rating of the film Halloween II

Even Carpenter writing and producing the movie couldn't save it from an overall uninspired direction. "Halloween II" is much more a basic slasher than the first one was. It relies a lot on pointless kills and Michael Myers, M.D. even uses medical equipment like scalpels, needles and even a transfusion machine! He really learned a lot at that mental hospital.

24. João Eça's rating of the film Halloween II