1. Görkem Demir's rating of the film Halloween

2. Xengar's rating of the film Halloween

Halloween, much like Friday the 13th suffers from lacking a certain excitement that many modern audiences expect. Indeed, I would contend that it is worthwhile only to devoted horror lovers and cinephiles. Most importantly for aspiring filmmakers because it proves that a little imagination can make for some genuinely good cinema.

3. Udo N. Owen's rating of the film Halloween

Ein zeitloser Vorstadt-Alptraum mit abartig gutem Score - simpel, effektiv und einfach großartig!! 9/10

4. Boyuan123's rating of the film Halloween

5. FISCHER's rating of the film Halloween

Malgré l'abus de prises de vue subjectives, le film mérite le sanglant déplacement... www.cinefiches.com

6. Dan Kenneth Gigernes's rating of the film Halloween

Atmospheric and elegant slasher that ruined the horror genre in the United States to this date by numerous copycat films. What makes this film work is it's beautiful camera movements (stolen/inspired by the Italian wave at the beginning of the 1970s), it's theme music and Jamie Lee Curtis as the modern scream queen. No one also does intensity like Donald Pleasance and his gazing eyes either.

7. Adam's rating of the film Halloween

I feel like a revisionist for not really enjoying Halloween on my first viewing, but I just can't help but think it only 'works' in a certain context. If this or a modern horror movie were compared in a cultural vacuum, I don't know if this would stand up to the test.

8. chazell's rating of the film Halloween

9. sabrina's rating of the film Halloween

Dam wut a classic slasher, the cinematography is great! That deep focus, sheesh.

10. Catarina Silva's rating of the film Halloween

I've come to terms with the fact that john carpenter's work is not for me

11. Terry_Moby's rating of the film Halloween

Thrilling. Effective. Simple. Carpenter´s widescreen compositions are essential to the unique atmosphere he creates. This is the work of a very self-assured master. The only thing that really bothers me is the weakly explained fact, that Michael can drive a car!

12. C'est Bastien's rating of the film Halloween

13. Diogo Pires's rating of the film Halloween

with the right rhythm, you can get a great horror movie. just as it happens with many Hitchcocks, it's all about rhythm and the psychological (the character's drama) enforcing the suspense. the claustrophobic shots, shadows and soundtrack complete the recipe.

14. William's rating of the film Halloween

"I hate a guy with a car and no sense of humor." Nancy "Loomis" Kyes is something else.

15. Ryan Christopher Coleman's rating of the film Halloween

my father grew up in south pasadena. when they finally tore down and reconstructed the michael myers house, decades after he'd left, I asked him what he thought. he told me he was physically relieved to hear it, the movie had haunted him and the community so totally.

16. enkii__bilal's rating of the film Halloween

One of the first Carpenter's movies proves his incredible talent for horror genre.

17. Nick Benson's rating of the film Halloween

4 for the film, but gotta have 1 more for it being the first to do all this

18. Andre's rating of the film Halloween

Still the most visually elegant and thematically pure film about teenager's getting sliced and diced ever made.

19. Tyler Wright's rating of the film Halloween

There's no question as to why this film became such a large influence to the horror genre.

20. Richmond Hill's rating of the film Halloween

A superbly modulated exercise in controlled terror that increases the tension with economic aplomb. It's rather sullied in comparison by the flood of derivatives that followed, but if one can stand back and see this for the original milestone that it is, then you're looking at a masterpiece of its genre (one it can be argued it created in modern cinema).

21. Joel's rating of the film Halloween

Perhaps a little simpler than I was expecting for having seen it outside of it's prime but it is still a deeply satisfying start to the pop-slasher craze. Lots of minimal set ups and some really iconic moments. Worth it's palce in Horror history.

22. andretz's rating of the film Halloween

23. Rafael Fonseca's rating of the film Halloween

Like a plague befalling Egypt, a wind carrying death that flies away(the total, raspy breath), this boogeyman is unnoticed and unrelentless. Not a "scary" movie: a siege. The wide open day sequence is already a game changer 10 mins in. An instant later, "this night, inhumanly patient, no reason, no conscience, no understanding(...)". To oppose him: the sunny youth. The result is surpisingly... dream-pop.

24. wiwitaek's rating of the film Halloween

Too much Dario Argento in a movie.