1. lou.'s rating of the film Hannah Takes the Stairs

Hannah #bruttapersona

2. peaches and plums's rating of the film Hannah Takes the Stairs

how cld she break up w dreamboat mark duplass

3. Eugénie's rating of the film Hannah Takes the Stairs

oui bon c'est mignon ça donne envie de faire plus d'activités absurdes dans la vie

4. ADZERTY's rating of the film Hannah Takes the Stairs

Avec ce cinéma US indé, on est entre Woody Allen et Eric Rohmer : des dialogues spirituels et enlevés, de perpétuels insatisfaits, des situations et des décors quotidiens mais finement travaillés (le symbole du pied blessé traverse ici l'histoire par ex.). Mais c'est filmé au plus près des personnages, comme avec un camescope sur l'épaule, dans le refus du cadrage académique.

5. baakoy41's rating of the film Hannah Takes the Stairs

Calamiteux et insipide. Tout le monde n'est pas Amos Kollek et son égérie Anna Thomson ! A voir plutôt " Sue Lost in Manahattan". Dommage que cette actrice n'ait pas un rôle dans un vrai film car elle est étonnante, mais la filmer sous toutes les coutures hélas ne suffit pas à faire un scénario.

6. Ludovic72's rating of the film Hannah Takes the Stairs

Insatisfaite chronique, voire pathologique, Hannah passe d'une liaison à l'autre "en coup de vent". Le film repose évidemment sur son interprète, l'égérie indie Greta Gerwig, qui s'en sort très bien. Les dialogues sonnent également juste et les évolutions psychologiques donnent lieu à de beaux passages. Le problème vient de la mise en scène : tous ces très gros plans instables sont sûrement "arty" mais bien inutiles.

7. Balthaz21's rating of the film Hannah Takes the Stairs

8. saitosouta's rating of the film Hannah Takes the Stairs

Personally I held Joe Swanberg retrospective at home these days. At the end of that, finally I watched this origin of so-called mumblecore. This was so boring that I cried & thought "Why the f**k I choose to watch this garbage as last film"

9. Eric's rating of the film Hannah Takes the Stairs

10. msmichel's rating of the film Hannah Takes the Stairs

Early Joe Swanberg/Greta Gerwig collaboration that presents its narcissistic navel-gazing characters fumbling through relationships and life. Improvised by the actors there are several good bits but becomes tedious after awhile especially from some. The hints of Gerwig's coming career were certainly present however.

11. James Mackin's rating of the film Hannah Takes the Stairs

Feels very real. Kinda like if someone made an Allan King fiction film.

12. Timmy93's rating of the film Hannah Takes the Stairs

I felt very uncomfortable...

13. EdieEmm's rating of the film Hannah Takes the Stairs

I kind of hated this. Keep that in mind when reading. I'm not the target audience. I hated the insipid indie aesthetic, the stupid little hearts, the cutesy rom-com interactions, the self-indulgent, vapid insights of the privileged white 20-something 'creative class'... So kudos to Swanberg for getting me to empathize a bit, and to recognize the merits of his style... Still dusting off the fluff, but - a grudging 3.

14. George B's rating of the film Hannah Takes the Stairs

Hannah took the stairs and I'm glad she did. If she had taken the elevator, we would have missed all these awesome little moments of improvised greatness. Really enjoyed the film. Has a real Cassavetes feel to it, which I thoroughly enjoy.

15. rob johnstone's rating of the film Hannah Takes the Stairs

At no time in this entire film did Hannah or any other character take the stairs. Aside from that it's a delightful little film.

16. clarud@hotmail.com's rating of the film Hannah Takes the Stairs

Everything is pretty basic, just a simple indie with no surprises. But I just love watching Mark Duplass do anything.

17. Angelika Arman's rating of the film Hannah Takes the Stairs

Real life can't be that tedious.

18. Robert Howard's rating of the film Hannah Takes the Stairs

I discovered Joe Swanberg's LOL and Kissing on the Mouth on Netflix 10 or so years ago. His talent was instantly visible. So when Hannah came out, I was expecting good, but it really is an early masterpiece from a young guy. The New Yorker's Richard Brody is a fan. Acclaim from this critic means Swanberg won't be working in a vacuum, and his massive body of work will continue to be seen and written about.

19. Warren Spratley's rating of the film Hannah Takes the Stairs

A curious, lovely masterpiece & the best of the three Swanbergs I've seen so far. How do we hold onto these images, their unassuming surfaces? J.S. knows how to accumulate details in a way that is simultaneously modest & vivid. A beer spill becomes a question of how 2 best aestheticize material textures(like the ridges of a paper towel). How touchingly the camera captures improvisatory nuances. And what a final shot!

20. Ludovica's rating of the film Hannah Takes the Stairs

Irritating. Nothing compared to Frances Ha

21. Maria Ordóñez's rating of the film Hannah Takes the Stairs

A slowly narration about reality in many moments of life and I almost could not finish it. Tedious, like real life.

22. Trias's rating of the film Hannah Takes the Stairs

A slow if not dull movie about a girl who happens to date very uninteresting characters who happen to be their coworkers. The film develops slowly and in my opinion it grows tedious, for me there are not many redeemable qualities in Hannah's love interests but in the movie it seems that she's just toying around with men because everything seems boring.

23. Sam Page's rating of the film Hannah Takes the Stairs

I actually really enjoyed this. There was so much truth in it and some really great moments. It's definitely not like conventional feature length films, the whole thing is almost abrasively real- and I mean that in a good way.

24. dschank's rating of the film Hannah Takes the Stairs

if you can stomach the american-apparel vibes, this easy breezy improv act gets twenty-something dating drama right. at least in my experience. there were a few wince-inducing scenes that reminded me of my own ugliest moments. swanberg's camera focuses on gerwig throughout, mostly keeping the POV confined to her perspective. this avoids conventional moral histronics, but can also feel a bit like leering in moments.