1. Henrique Amud's rating of the film Happy Christmas

I like these little 75 minute films that could, but improvised mumblecore isn't really my thing. That said, this looked like a disaster for the first 10 minutes, but then Melanie Lynskey and Anna Kendrick just made it very sweet and enjoyable.

2. Warren Spratley's rating of the film Happy Christmas

Fuck the haters. This movie is absolutely lovely. Swanberg has shown himself to be as consistently brilliant at making rich, unassuming masterworks as Hong Sang-soo. HAPPY CHRISTMAS: all about vitality, transcendence, performance, health, getting better. <3

3. flamingo jones's rating of the film Happy Christmas

Jude Swanberg carries the whole film.

4. Susana Bessa's rating of the film Happy Christmas

Two words describe the only thing that matters here: Jude Swanberg. The rest is a mumblecore awkward snapshot of a film. It is hard to believe how annoying Anna Kendrick can be after the lovely 'Drinking Buddies'. And being that Swanberg is usually the one filmmaker capable of turning irritating into quirky, this doesn't really work.

5. vicentmara@gmail.com's rating of the film Happy Christmas

After 5 minutes i had to check if i wasn't watching a film school movie.

6. tylergfoster's rating of the film Happy Christmas

small-scale, but still sweet.

7. DSPRKY's rating of the film Happy Christmas

Of course it's inconsequential and we only get a tiny glimpse of these (improvised) characters' lives, but for some reason the ride is fun nonetheless. Mumblecore is much derided but Swanberg does just fine here, as far I'm concerned.

8. magali de lepeleere's rating of the film Happy Christmas

9. courtneylesueur's rating of the film Happy Christmas

I thoroughly enjoyed this, especially after Anna Kendrick's interview with Marc Maron on the WTF Podcast. Happy Christmas (and Drinking Buddies!) was entirely improv, which is super cool.

10. spiderliliez's rating of the film Happy Christmas

Quite entertaining but comes as a bit short. Good chemistry between Melanie Lynskey and Joe Swanberg (who plays Anna Kendrick's brother). First time I'm seeing Mark Webber in a movie, and he's doing good, while Kendrick is cool and funny as usual. It's odd how this movie, with that title came out months after Christmas.

11. Michael Harbour's rating of the film Happy Christmas

Joe Swanberg makes movies about people I would expect to annoy the fuck out of me. And yet I end up liking and caring about them. I'm not quite sure what it is he gets just right, but he does.

12. Matt Richards's rating of the film Happy Christmas

More inane mumble-laden navel gazing for the hipster-dating-set. There are some beautiful moments in this; the baby continually steals the show in several spontaneous, doco-shot scenes and Melanie Lynskey thankfully proves to be a strong rudder keeping it all together. Lena Dunham manages to get the camera up her crotch as you'd expect. 2.5 stars

13. ladysnaggle's rating of the film Happy Christmas

Jude Swanberg is the star of this movie.

14. dave gunn's rating of the film Happy Christmas

I am slowly falling out of love with Joe Swanberg. As he progresses from his indie, DIY mumblecore stage and into bigger budgets with bigger cast members, his work becomes more and more underwhelming.

15. Horror Whore's rating of the film Happy Christmas

I hope Anna Kendrick plays Cups and Lena Dunham pisses in them.