1. Pierluigi Puccini's rating of the film Happy End

A decapitation and a full-on dismemberment were never funnier and as lighthearted as in this innovative Czechoslovak black comedy. If anyone (including myself) thought 'Memento' had invented a new narrative form, we were dead wrong. The visual gags are hilarious and surreal. Charming and classy despite the otherwise gruesome tragedy the characters have to go through.

2. malachiesipucheala94's rating of the film Happy End

3. empathymachine's rating of the film Happy End

it's crazy how well this concept works, but the film runs a bit out of steam near the middle when one of the backwards/forwards gags is stretched too thin. i think czechoslovakia in the 60s is probably my favorite setting to see in film, it's so appealing yet alien to me. (this is a solid 3.5/5 btw)

4. P R O B A B I L's rating of the film Happy End

is this a real movie? asta chiar e un film real?

5. Ioan Bănculescu's rating of the film Happy End

6. Ruiz Buñuel's rating of the film Happy End

The 1000 times better version of THE CURIOUS CASE OF BENJAMIN BUTTON.

7. Nachtreich's rating of the film Happy End

Potenzialmente interessante, ma così lasciato è troppo banale eccetto alcuni momenti.

8. Bahana Damayana's rating of the film Happy End

I wonder how much effort they would put to make the bamboozled dialogue sounds normal in reverse chronological order. Genius, genius!

9. HombreAproximativo's rating of the film Happy End

Delirious and hilarious. One of the best experimental-filmmaking gems in the surroundings of the always brilliantly crazy Czech Nová vlna. There is no film like this one. A masterpiece from end to beginning. You will never say "Memento goes backwards" again.

10. HSBilly's rating of the film Happy End

!!ti evol yllaer yllaer ,ti evol i

11. Raymond Likes Subtitles's rating of the film Happy End

Typical black humour from Czech new wave

12. sputnixed's rating of the film Happy End

13. CarlosEsquives's rating of the film Happy End

Lipsky es uno de los directores más innovadores y transgresores de la Nueva Ola Checa. Primero con su "Limonada Joe", sátira al cine de género y crítica al consumismo, y ahora "Happy end", un filme que narra la historia de un individuo que contempla su vida del final al inicio. En base a la trama trágica, se arma otra que curiosamente también tiene consecuencias trágicas. El filme en cierta forma no goza un happy end

14. xrystyna's rating of the film Happy End

15. Scott Barley's rating of the film Happy End

16. meg1's rating of the film Happy End

17. Coheed 2.5's rating of the film Happy End

What makes this film, whose narrative is entirely in reverse order, even more bizarre and blackly humoured is that it comes down to a unapologetic middle aged murderer attempting to survive beyond death by going backwards into his past for a happier life. By the end, the film does feel like it has outstayed its welcome even at 71 minutes, but something this gleefully macabre and strange should be treasured.

18. Brentos's rating of the film Happy End

It's surprising to me that i haven't seen or heard of this film sooner... it should almost be canon for "cinephiles" and the like

19. Addiena of Mubi land's rating of the film Happy End

Recommended to all cinephile. Brilliant filmmaking!! Very genius written screenplay. The dialogues are very meaningful, even in backwards!! So pay attention really close, really-really close. Inspiring&strangely very funny (esp.the narration)! Everyone who enjoys memento or the movie alike should really see THIS!Really-really SEE THIS!!!

20. micmac●'s rating of the film Happy End

Oh man, I love this film so much. The copy I have has terribly translated subtitles, which makes the experience even funnier!