1. Diogo Sousa's rating of the film Happy End

″Por Favor Não Matem os Velhinhos"

2. vordven's rating of the film Happy End

3. Mic-kosh-ka's rating of the film Happy End

4. amariliz's rating of the film Happy End

first half: 2, or so. second half: 4. jean-louis trintignant is simply amazing...

5. Linda Wittgenstein's rating of the film Happy End

6. grotesc's rating of the film Happy End

7. ijol's rating of the film Happy End

Haneke has always been playing with the void in being human and so far this was the smallest one.

8. RENO NISMARA.'s rating of the film Happy End

9. Samuel Donath's rating of the film Happy End

I'm sorry. I love Huppert and Haneke, but this film was painfully bad. I drove all the way to San Francisco to see it, and I was so disappointed. There are some interesting shots and scenes in this, but Haneke missed this one.

10. CRW's rating of the film Happy End

3.5 The whole migrant thing seems rather like a segue. Otherwise some interesting characters that could have done with a little more exploration.

11. bitterMoo's rating of the film Happy End

12. ig_____or's rating of the film Happy End

"Happy End" delivers a contemporary update on technological voyeurism, dysfunctional middle-class families, emotional detachment and similar recurring themes present on Heneke's filmography. Unfortunately the family members were so bleak that - apart from the juicy interactions between the little girl and Trintignant's patriarch - you couldn't care less about all of them. A lukewarm result, I would say.

13. Balthaz21's rating of the film Happy End

14. Marta's rating of the film Happy End

Much better than Amour, thank God.

15. Fainéant's rating of the film Happy End

16. Nicole Richie's rating of the film Happy End

I WANNA SWING FROM THE CHANDELIER

17. kartikarg's rating of the film Happy End

haneke tryin to be funny, soo fragmented, so disjointed, maybe like information we receive today by social media, piece by piece.

18. Jaideep's rating of the film Happy End

every bad haneke hot take wrapped in a lifeless family drama. the kinda film that brings your mind back to haneke when he was able do something interesting with his material, or literally any other film maker who's able to let their thematic evolve over time.

19. Palmat's rating of the film Happy End

A slight yet solid effort from the master that plays like a greatest hits (a mix of Benny´s Video, Amour, Piano Teacher and Caché) and with its title could very well be a fitting end to a singular directorial career. However, the story does not come together and feels splintered and unresolved. And the refugee theme that is tacked on at the end feels very left field and does not make much sense.

20. MisterColo93's rating of the film Happy End

21. Alexander Dunkelberger's rating of the film Happy End

Saw this in Paris I believe. The wrong movie to experiment watching without subtitles with. I got most of it but some parts confused me. Couple of great moments, mainly the ironically intentionally unintelligible scene where the old white man in the wheelchair talks to the black youths on the street from an inaudible distance, daring you to assume the content and intent of their interaction.

22. michal k's rating of the film Happy End

it's like haneke on autopilot. predictable AF

23. Jérémy Poirier's rating of the film Happy End

Michael Haneke's latest film is one of great originality and who doesn't hold its punches. Judging by the subject matter and the fact that the director is 76 years old, this could have been very cliché and dated but Haneke rarely disappoint. Plus, the editing is captivating and the way that the story is structured is brilliant. The ending is unforgettable. Masterpiece.

24. Carlos Filipe Freitas's rating of the film Happy End

Even familiar in tone and less effective than Haneke's previous material, Happy End feels destructive inside out, and the Austrian helmer shows it with a sardonic artistic touch. (3.5 stars)

← Previous 1 3 4 5