1. josé neves's rating of the film Happy Hour

The Portuguese distributor decided to show it in 3 parts, being of his entire responsibility the criterion with which such divisions were made. Concomitant and confrontational ideas: on one hand, the cinematographic découpage makes of some scenes moments of great contemporary cinema; on the other hand, the fictional construction work is too stereotypical television workshop and little comes out of it.

2. laura sahira's rating of the film Happy Hour

3. Anthony De Luca's rating of the film Happy Hour

I was all set for a huge grumble about the running time. I wanted to suggest that a decent director could tell this same story in two hours and that Hamaguchi was ill-disciplined and shouldn't take his audience for granted. You want my precious time and attention for how long?! But then I saw his movie. I understood. I can't think of one scene I would remove or trim ...Well, maybe that book reading scene.

4. Lynch/Fellini's rating of the film Happy Hour

A very delicate and beautiful film that unfolds many layers, not unlike a flower!

5. Eric Eidelstein's rating of the film Happy Hour

The book reading is one of the most accurate things I’ve ever seen in a movie, and that hurts. I hate readings! These four women are such finds. I want to see them in everything. Also, demand more from your men, folks!!

6. saltwater's rating of the film Happy Hour

Powerful story of the lies we all tell ourselves until some certain event pushes us towards reexamination and reflection. The amateur acting only lends credibility to the realness of friendship, ennui, and midlife crisis. Not for the impatient or easily bored.

7. Claire Wongsutin's rating of the film Happy Hour

8. Pill Yun's rating of the film Happy Hour

at 2016 Jeonju Int. Film Festival. This has one of the most beautiful dream sequences I've ever seen.

9. El Biffo's rating of the film Happy Hour

I don't know why it's called Happy Hour, it's really 5.5 hours and not very happy. Excellent film, tho.

10. Ryan Swen's rating of the film Happy Hour

A combination of all my favorite things (understated drama, hang-out vibe, barely repressed emotions) and much, much more.

11. dentinhos's rating of the film Happy Hour

Assisti sozinha no CineSesc, 5 horas de filme maravilhoso.

12. Frederica Bepler's rating of the film Happy Hour

I thought this movie was incredible. Like Kore-eda meets Rohmer, with a tinge of Assayas. It's more than the sum of those parts, though. I think it's better to go in without knowing much more than it being the story of four Japanese women in their late 30's, because your viewing will benefit from the surprises therein. Much like in life, time flies by while you're watching this movie.

13. qw0aszx's rating of the film Happy Hour

A unique cinematic experience, just like experiencing a part of someone's real life.

14. Renton47's rating of the film Happy Hour

A film that dares to ask a question as big as "what does art give us?" and delivers a response as encompassing and intimate as we could hope. Orbiting around central themes of touch, balance, giving life and what we live for, this is magical and beautiful cinema, so close to the inner experience of reality that makes questions of verisimilitude seem immature. If art is humanism this is a towering achievement.

15. Roberto Carlos's rating of the film Happy Hour

16. C҉ă҉t҉ă҉l҉i҉n҉'s rating of the film Happy Hour

While most festivals and so-called cinephiles are stubbornly focusing their attention on the works of out-of-date directors like Kore-eda, Iwai, and Kurosawa, a new wave of filmmakers embarked on a mission to rewrite J-Cinema after a run-of-the-mill last decade, by re-invoking the sweet sensitiveness of the 90s. Petal Dance, 0.5 mm, The Tale of Iya, and Hamaguchi’s debut – Happy Hour – are all powerful works of art.

17. Pedja's rating of the film Happy Hour