1. Pill Yun's rating of the film Happy Hour

at 2016 Jeonju Int. Film Festival. This has one of the most beautiful dream sequences I've ever seen.

2. El Biffo's rating of the film Happy Hour

I don't know why it's called Happy Hour, it's really 5.5 hours and not very happy. Excellent film, tho.

3. Ryan Swen's rating of the film Happy Hour

A combination of all my favorite things (understated drama, hang-out vibe, barely repressed emotions) and much, much more.

4. dentinhos's rating of the film Happy Hour

Assisti sozinha no CineSesc, 5 horas de filme maravilhoso.

5. Frederica Bepler's rating of the film Happy Hour

I thought this movie was incredible. Like Kore-eda meets Rohmer, with a tinge of Assayas. It's more than the sum of those parts, though. I think it's better to go in without knowing much more than it being the story of four Japanese women in their late 30's, because your viewing will benefit from the surprises therein. Much like in life, time flies by while you're watching this movie.

6. qw0aszx's rating of the film Happy Hour

A unique cinematic experience, just like experiencing a part of someone's real life.

7. Renton47's rating of the film Happy Hour

A film that dares to ask a question as big as "what does art give us?" and delivers a response as encompassing and intimate as we could hope. Orbiting around central themes of touch, balance, giving life and what we live for, this is magical and beautiful cinema, so close to the inner experience of reality that makes questions of verisimilitude seem immature. If art is humanism this is a towering achievement.

8. Roberto Carlos's rating of the film Happy Hour

9. I0000days's rating of the film Happy Hour

While most festivals and so-called cinephiles are stubbornly focusing their attention on the works of out-of-date directors like Kore-eda, Iwai, and Kurosawa, a new wave of filmmakers embarked on a mission to rewrite J-Cinema after a run-of-the-mill last decade, by re-invoking the sweet sensitiveness of the 90s. Petal Dance, 0.5 mm, The Tale of Iya, and Hamaguchi’s debut – Happy Hour – are all powerful works of art.

10. Pedja's rating of the film Happy Hour