1. João Martins's rating of the film Happy Together

Proper cinematic style with a nice plot... There are some really good scenes but I don't think they give the film the power that some people try to give to it. It's very good to watch the evolution of both characters in terms of consistency and the troubled relationship between them, though.

2. TZUHSIEN TANG's rating of the film Happy Together

3. diana's rating of the film Happy Together

4. patríciapinho's rating of the film Happy Together

911? i'm hurt and needing some help

5. Phat Nguyen's rating of the film Happy Together

I love the atmosphere in the film and Wong Kar-Wai's motif of releasing the pain in a-far-from-home-place. The color of this film is fascinating and the mood created by two main relationships is sexy in their own ways.

6. Avenca's rating of the film Happy Together

Loved Zappa through the warm streets of Buenos Aires

7. NCMBianchi's rating of the film Happy Together

It first was unsettling to watch a movie made by the 'earliest version' of director Wong Kar-Wai set somewhere other than in HK. Then I recognized more and more of what I loved of 'Chungking Express': amore than convincing depiction of human refrain from acknowledging one's own solitude - not as an unfathomable destiny, but more like a shared condition that only brings serenity when knowing you can meet 'the one'.

8. mooloo's rating of the film Happy Together

i can't see me lovin' nobody but you for all my lifeeee

9. Chelsea's rating of the film Happy Together

everyone's favorite gay hk film that wkw actually denied was about being gay.. the scenes between tony and leslie were wonderful and touching, but also pretty sad and messed up. the first half of the film was shot in b&w which i found to be annoying bc imo wkw's films are all about color.. also unsure how to feel about the characters' endings. the more i think about this film the more i realize its flaws

10. ginobartolomi's rating of the film Happy Together

All the grit and charm of a student film, with the refined touch of a master. Tony Leung is incredible, the dynamic between these two is tense and dizzying, not necessarily the best representation of a 'normal' gay relationship, or the most realistic, but still something believable - and powerful. Those shots of Iguaza? Wow.

11. Patrick John's rating of the film Happy Together

I'm very happy that I could still fall in love with cinema over and over again. This movie, which I prayed for every minute not to end, is ultimately the saddest thing ever, it left me empty, but Wong Kar-Wai knows beauty, and as heartbreaking as it looks, it is perfection. Don't know why but it kinda reminded me of Gus Van Sant's Mala Noche.

12. anadyomene's rating of the film Happy Together

This god damned despair of wanting to love someone else again... I can see how a lot of people could identify themselves with Lai, Ho, or both. Happy Together shattered me with a heartache, a permanent heartache.

13. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film Happy Together

14. Rita Roque's rating of the film Happy Together

15. Gisèle Kérosène's rating of the film Happy Together

16. starless's rating of the film Happy Together

Daha sonrasında Kar-Wai'nin In the Mood for Love gibi bir şaheseri çekeceğinin sinyallerini önceden vermiş filmdir. Tango dansına ve müziklerine bayılan bendenizi ayrıca mest etmiştir, Wai'nin yönetmenliğine değinmiyorum bile. Ama her zaman In the Mood for Love ilk sırada gelir benim için. 4.5/5

17. armsoreal's rating of the film Happy Together

probably my favorite WKW film. the timing is perfect, otherwise i wouldn't have loved it so much. (didn't know that was Chang Chen though. why is it that i can never recognize him in any films.)

18. Ricardo Branco's rating of the film Happy Together

i can see me lovin' nobody but you for all my life

19. Bram Vroonland's rating of the film Happy Together

My god, this is the pretties movie I have ever laid my eyes on. It seems like an homage to cinema's greatest directors with some flashes of noir here and a little Kieslowskian yellow there. The party just never ends. The story was highly satisfactory for me, but I kinda like simple premises... I can see how it might leave people wanting more. I just want it over and over again.

20. bangtan's rating of the film Happy Together

hmm idk. need to re-watch

21. Chris's rating of the film Happy Together

Cute, sad, gay, great cinematography, pretty colors, etc... watch this movie!!!

22. AdrianM.'s rating of the film Happy Together

2,5 Is this how Chinese LGBT soap opera looks like?

23. Ethan's rating of the film Happy Together

Wong Kar Wai has the ability to show the realities of love and romance on the screen without making it corny or gimmicky. This film is no exception, Wong Kar Wai presents an intense look at a relationship between two men and the ups and downs that follow. This would make a good double bill with Andrew Haigh's Weekend.

24. Dale Wittig's rating of the film Happy Together

One might not expect the greatest queer love story to be made by a straight filmmaker from Hong Kong, but I believe his placing it so far from home made it possible. Leslie Cheung, Tony Leung Chiu Wai and Chen Chang convey thwarted longing with such passionate tenderness that identification is difficult to resist. The futile belief that they can start over despite all they know about each other is heartbreaking.