1. l's rating of the film Happy Together

2. G.F Pounder's rating of the film Happy Together

Something here just didn't grab me like other Kar-Wai films. It feels like everything is there, but everything is a little different at the same time. The couple's acting is incredible, but for me this didn't reach the heights of Fallen Angel, In the mood for Love or Chungking express. I still very highly recommend viewing though.

3. lauli's rating of the film Happy Together

This film is sheer beauty. I mean, the cinematography, the music, the subdued but powerful performances... it's just perfect. It's also a gay love story that doesn't make a point of being a gay love story. It's simply about the two of them and how their feelings develop. It's also an incredibly insightful exploration of the hardships of migration. And Buenos Aires, my city, is exquisitely shot!

4. Feellikeanumber's rating of the film Happy Together

5. lemonish5's rating of the film Happy Together

This was a perfect counterpoint to Call Me By Your Name. Raw and painfully real film about the desire for feeling, connection, familiarity, about being lost in the immenseness of the world. The street scenes are without parallel.

6. De La Ghetto's rating of the film Happy Together

7. Victor Morosoff's rating of the film Happy Together

8. João Martins's rating of the film Happy Together

Proper cinematic style with a nice plot... There are some really good scenes but I don't think they give the film the power that some people try to give to it. It's very good to watch the evolution of both characters in terms of consistency and the troubled relationship between them, though.

9. TZUHSIEN TANG's rating of the film Happy Together

10. diana's rating of the film Happy Together

11. patríciapinho's rating of the film Happy Together

911? i'm hurt and needing some help

12. Phát Guyaden's rating of the film Happy Together

I love the atmosphere in the film and Wong Kar-Wai's motif of releasing the pain in a-far-from-home-place. The color of this film is fascinating and the mood created by two main relationships is sexy in their own ways.

13. Jdsarmientoburgos's rating of the film Happy Together

Wong does a Chinese love story set in Brazil and the reason why it works so well is because he never treats it any differently from his other love stories, and the fact that they’re two men just adds a bit to the struggle. The cinematography and chemistry between Tony and Leslie is phenomenally tragic (especially since Leslie was gay in real life and committed suicide a few years after).

14. Avenca's rating of the film Happy Together

Loved Zappa through the warm streets of Buenos Aires

15. NCMBianchi's rating of the film Happy Together

[More like 4.5] It first was unsettling to watch a movie made by 'earlier' director Wong Kar-Wai set somewhere other than in HK. Then I recognized more and more of what I loved of 'Chungking Express': amore than convincing depiction of human refrain from acknowledging one's own solitude - not as an unfathomable destiny, but more like a shared condition that only brings serenity when knowing you can meet 'the one'.

16. mooloo's rating of the film Happy Together

i can't see me lovin' nobody but you for all my lifeeee

17. apple's rating of the film Happy Together

mood. sensitive to the nuances of love's regression to ownership/non-essentialist hysteria

18. Chelsea's rating of the film Happy Together

everyone's favorite gay hk film that wkw actually denied was about being gay.. the scenes between tony and leslie were wonderful and touching, but also pretty sad and messed up. the first half of the film was shot in b&w which i found to be annoying bc imo wkw's films are all about color.. also unsure how to feel about the characters' endings. the more i think about this film the more i realize its flaws

19. ginobartolomi's rating of the film Happy Together

All the grit and charm of a student film, with the refined touch of a master. Tony Leung is incredible, the dynamic between these two is tense and dizzying, not necessarily the best representation of a 'normal' gay relationship, or the most realistic, but still something believable - and powerful. Those shots of Iguaza? Wow.

20. Patrick John's rating of the film Happy Together

I'm very happy that I could still fall in love with cinema over and over again. This movie, which I prayed for every minute not to end, is ultimately the saddest thing ever, it left me empty, but Wong Kar-Wai knows beauty, and as heartbreaking as it looks, it is perfection. Don't know why but it kinda reminded me of Gus Van Sant's Mala Noche.

21. anadyomene's rating of the film Happy Together

This god damned despair of wanting to love someone else again... I can see how a lot of people could identify themselves with Lai, Ho, or both. Happy Together shattered me with a heartache, a permanent heartache.

22. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film Happy Together