1. Liliana's rating of the film Harry Dean Stanton: Partly Fiction

This is the kind of movie you want to just let wash over you. Exquisite.

2. dAlton Anthony's rating of the film Harry Dean Stanton: Partly Fiction

Oh age and mortality. You demon. Don't get me wrong, I'm not planning to go anywhere too soon, but it might be time to start writing thank you letters to those people, some obscure and otherwise so easily overlooked, who have enriched this little life of mine. I only meant to watch this for ten minutes or so as a dry run but it kept me mesmerized.

3. David R Williams's rating of the film Harry Dean Stanton: Partly Fiction

And he can sing too. Brilliant.

4. Paul Davidson's rating of the film Harry Dean Stanton: Partly Fiction

Obviously a hagiography, but that's OK. A beautiful portrait of the man. Stunning and intimate B&W photography.

5. Joshua Paolino's rating of the film Harry Dean Stanton: Partly Fiction

Harry Dean Stanton is an American legend...and seeing him sing in Spanish made my night.

6. Alex's rating of the film Harry Dean Stanton: Partly Fiction

Clean, touching. Some great lines of the Stanton variety. The music appropriate for the material and helps enhance the "do nothing do something" paradox of Stanton's life and career. It's hard for me to comment on the technical aspects of this film: the weakest characteristic is its cleanliness, serving more to organize the film thematically rather than enhancing; for clean is not much of an extension of its content.

7. bodhishin's rating of the film Harry Dean Stanton: Partly Fiction

Harry Dean has an outlaw mind who seems to be intimate with his own drum beat.

8. Slappy McGee's rating of the film Harry Dean Stanton: Partly Fiction

A fading and dusty love letter to the career of Harry Dean Stanton. Littered with cigarette butts and old friends, this documentary is a must for fans and enlightening to people who have an interest in the outskirts of fame. Full of impromptu songs from Harry Dean, this doc allows us to view the dimming light of Stanton's career and life as well. It's certainly a laid back and enjoyable watch.

9. thelastronaut's rating of the film Harry Dean Stanton: Partly Fiction

If you like him, you'll love the movie. If you don't know him, you'll at least be serenaded by some wonderful tunes.

10. Scott Dubin's rating of the film Harry Dean Stanton: Partly Fiction

This movie was...okay.  Harry Dean Stanton doesn't like to talk about himself, so watching this film is like spending a pleasent afternoon with him.  He seems a bit lonely, but he also seems to have a fair amount of friends. There's an air of Kentucky-born melancholy in his personal philosophy, which is intriguing.

11. Gabrielle's rating of the film Harry Dean Stanton: Partly Fiction

poignant and humorous. i especially liked the music. you don't really have to be a big hds fan to enjoy this, i feel like this would have been just as interesting a character examination if he had just been some guy off the street. it's his "being there", as david lynch puts it, that makes him memorable.

12. kampton's rating of the film Harry Dean Stanton: Partly Fiction

The quintessential American story.

13. corycorycorycory's rating of the film Harry Dean Stanton: Partly Fiction

Though it feels like it was produced a few tears early, still a brilliant watch.

14. El Biffo's rating of the film Harry Dean Stanton: Partly Fiction

Harry Dean Stanton is a treasure. I saw him perform 25 years ago, all he did was sing Mexican songs, sweet, lonesome Mexican songs all evening long :-)

15. Cbarky99's rating of the film Harry Dean Stanton: Partly Fiction

"Ancient pond-" "Old pond!" "Ancient pond" "No, it's old pond."

16. mjgildea's rating of the film Harry Dean Stanton: Partly Fiction

A thoroughly interesting documentary about an equally captivating actor. Partly Fiction is not conventional by any means and seems to address its subject both objectively and subjectively. Great interviews with David Lynch and Kris Kristofferson, too. I felt like crying for Stanton throughout most of this doc until I remembered that he's Harry Dean Stanton -- instant happy ending...!

17. AugusteB's rating of the film Harry Dean Stanton: Partly Fiction

Great film about a life between art and loneliness. Or about being different. Or just a beautiful film with songs.

18. ‏ㅤ's rating of the film Harry Dean Stanton: Partly Fiction

19. lbaia's rating of the film Harry Dean Stanton: Partly Fiction

Wonderful and deeply touching small homage to a great actor... and he sings so well... "I'm nothing... when you're nothing you have no problems"