1. Igor Ramos's rating of the film Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

The sequel that could have made or break an entire franchise is an amazing adventure, with greater risks, bigger monsters and a powerful final act. I remember being terrified when the letters on TOM MARVOLO RIDDLE were re-arranged to reveal his true identity. I'm scared of snakes, so this was particularly terrifying for me when I first watched it. Columbus did a great job at establishing the Potter universe, I think.

2. Lights in the Dusk's rating of the film Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

Roger Pratt's cinematography gives this instalment some much needed cinematic flare. The look & feel of the film is imaginative & atmospheric, with a use of location & space complimentary to the main plot. Also the narrative this time is actually engaging. Having now established the characters & their universe the film preoccupies itself with an esoteric mystery full of genuine threat & set-pieces that are thrilling.

3. rainy's rating of the film Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

crl já vi umas 17 vezes, no joke

4. Farah Fitria Sari's rating of the film Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

5. runfromfire's rating of the film Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

Chris Columbus and the Chamber of Sleepwalking Through Directing

6. DenoResandono's rating of the film Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

The second part of Harry Potter saga. Well, according to Wikipedia Chamber of Secrets is the longest Harry Potter movie based on the shortest Harry Potter novel. Maybe this fact explained a lot about why I feel the middle part of this movie is very muddled. I kinda feel bored while watching it. Honestly, it adds nothing. But don't worry, it's still a pretty good movie. Not to mention its Quidditch match sequences...

7. ionosonde's rating of the film Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

way, way, way too long for what it is. would be a lot more enjoyable if it was shorter.

8. Gareth Jones's rating of the film Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

In my opinion the Harry Potter movies start well and get better with each subsequent movie. The second movie doesn't disappoint in terms of story but the greenness of the young actors can be a bit grating.

9. Isaac Blaine Suttle's rating of the film Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

Rating - 3.5 / 5 With improved production values and better constructed narrative, 'Chamber of Secrets' is an improvement over its predecessor. We get to see more development amongst the characters while also being introduced to new interesting ones, and the story is more engaging - filled with high-risk situations and secrets (pun-intended) to be discovered.

10. Cyril Schreiber's rating of the film Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

11. the_mentaculus's rating of the film Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

A shameless acknowledgment of the first film's deficiencies, this one tries everything it can to redeem the sins of its father - and it mostly works, at least as an entertainment. At this point in their careers, the poor kids are still getting their acting sea legs, so Branagh picks up the slack.

12. Ethan's rating of the film Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

Chris Columbus keeps the thrills going and continues to stay true the source material.

13. James Mackin's rating of the film Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

Kenneth Branagh is one of the few good things of this entire series.

14. Star Lord's rating of the film Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

Harry Potter e la camera dei segreti.

15. Sara Gaspar's rating of the film Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

16. Enrico Gaudenzi's rating of the film Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

17. Andre Flickatina's rating of the film Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

similar to the first but the novelty has worn off.

18. memorysigh's rating of the film Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

"There's no Hogwarts without you, Hagrid."

19. Cátia Pereira's rating of the film Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

20. TheIB's rating of the film Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

Most sequels suck, plain simple. I don't think that happens with the Harry Potter series. It may not have had the impact the first one did, but it has a very solid stotyline nonetheless and deserves love.

21. taniaburrito's rating of the film Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

22. Zac Weber's rating of the film Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

Chris Columbus infuses the second film with more action and a swifter pace. The CGI is a lot better too. As many have said, the length is too long and the dialogue can seem mechanical.

23. Rocco's rating of the film Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

Solid action. Actually a marked improvement from the book it's based on.

24. Daniel Metcalf's rating of the film Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

* Not a recent watch, updating account with films I've previously seen.