1. Dan Kenneth Gigernes's rating of the film Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone

J.K. Rowling's unique book is made into a glossy and beautiful looking world. This first movie in the series is the only one that probably the entire family can see together. Child actors has good chemistry together and are perfect for their roles, but easy to see they still lacked the acting experience. Chris Columbus' unfortunately directs uninspired and "safe" and lacks any real ambition to do something unique.

2. ju's rating of the film Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone

3. Chihao Tsang's rating of the film Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone

Started to re watch all the HPs, bad start, don't remember this being as bad as this, I know they are just kids but acting is pretty terrible in particular Radcliffe, and the pacing of the film is jumpy at best, with a soundtrack that sounds like John Williams thought he was doing star wars again

4. Amandio Filipe Moura's rating of the film Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone

5. adityosh's rating of the film Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone

Awal mula mengenal dunia sihir, dibawa langsung oleh tante J.K Rowling. Bener2 wow banget. Speechless. Sukses membuka pikiran fantasy ku hingga saat ini.

6. lidiishere's rating of the film Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone

7. Richmond Hill's rating of the film Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone

About as square-edged as charmless production-line banality gets. Technical competence is no compensation in this lumbering collection of 'action' set pieces glued together with the scantest regard for pacing or plot (hellishly overlong as a result). Magic is just a word here as there's no spark, invention or wonderment, just a cash register-ready dud from a derivative source.

8. ig_____or's rating of the film Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone

I remember being in the 5th grade and my school taking all the kids to see this in the cinema (lucky us!). I thoroughly enjoyed it and got even a little spooked with the final minutes and the revelation of what was underneath Quirrell's turban. It was a wonderful introduction to the world of Harry Potter and I definitely became a fan. Lovely kids, cast, sets and overall production design.

9. Lights in the Dusk's rating of the film Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone

A film where nothing is at stake; the whole poorly plotted shambles existing only to establish a framework to build the franchise on. Characters are there solely to dole out labored exposition or to repeat what has already been said. Dialog is there, not to establish personality, but to express the emotional sentiment that the actors are unable to convey. As in the books, magic is used as a deus ex machina. Dreadful.

10. runfromfire's rating of the film Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone

Don't get me wrong, it's a good flick. Chris Columbus is just such a boooooring director.

11. tenonder's rating of the film Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone

12. DenoResandono's rating of the film Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone

A movie that starts everything. SORCERER'S STONE is a proper introduction to Harry Potter saga and its world. I think Chris Columbus succeed to create a magical world with his own interpretation of J.K. Rowling's famous novel. Well - like I said - this movie just an introduction. It'll explain what's a muggle, who is you-know-who, what's a Quidditch Cup, what's a sorcerer's stone, and many more. It's a good start...

13. Ryan327's rating of the film Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone

14. ionosonde's rating of the film Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone

a cute start to the series -- although i think it's a bit too positive and sweet. also, it's long.

15. Tyestor's rating of the film Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone

It's called "The Philosopher's Stone", you fucking seppo fucks.

16. Nolan Barth's rating of the film Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone

"Its Leviosa not Leviosa!" I grew up with Harry Potter. I remember reading the books with my parents and then eagerly going to see the movies in theaters. I've been a Harry Potter fan for my whole life! I don't care if I am biased this is a beautiful film filled to the brim with magic and wonder. Do some of the special effects feel a bit dated? Yep. Is it a bit cheesy? Of course. But that's all part of the charm!

17. iamgarethjones's rating of the film Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone

So this is where the original 8 Harry Potter movies start and my oh my how very young and green the kids are. OK, so the acting is a bit dodgy, as are the special effects, but this movie really does capture the magic of the book. It's a bit safe, and not as dark as the later movies, but it's a solid and enjoyable watch and a good start to the series.

18. Howard's rating of the film Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone

19. Isaac Blaine Suttle's rating of the film Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone

This first film entry of J.K. Rowling's beloved 'Harry Potter' novels is a delightful, albeit muddled fantasy adventure. The performances are solid and the heart is here, but it suffers from narrative issues and subpar special effects.

20. Cyril Schreiber's rating of the film Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone

21. cihangir21's rating of the film Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone

22. the_mentaculus's rating of the film Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone

Inadequate as both an adaptation and as a film. The creative team seems to be cowering in mortal fear in their attempt to create a decent world and appease the basic plot points of the novel - their hesitation makes what should be an easily inviting world sterile, stilted and remote. A wasted opportunity, though thankfully Rickman hams it stronger than a Christmas dinner.

23. Post Organic's rating of the film Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone

24. Ethan's rating of the film Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone

Chris Columbus was a perfect choice to helm the lighter chapters of this series.