1. marco's rating of the film Harvest: 3000 Years

nostalgia for the countryland

2. Peđa's rating of the film Harvest: 3000 Years

"That sense of impossibility pervades every frame of Harvest 3000 Years. It has a particular kind of urgency which few pictures possess. This is the story of an entire people, and its collective longing for justice and good faith. An epic, not in scale but in emotional and political scope." —Martin Scorsese

3. Malik's rating of the film Harvest: 3000 Years

Matthew, you can go to the director's website (Sankofa) and buy his DVD and everything else in his catalog there. Was a teacher of mine when I was at Howard.

4. Matthew Walker's rating of the film Harvest: 3000 Years

Anyone know where to find this? I know it was screened at the Tribeca FF a few years back. I believe Scorcese was doing some restoration and is a big fan. Hoping to view this. Thanks.

5. Daniela's rating of the film Harvest: 3000 Years

This film's really badass. I'm glad I watched it. I'm not a big fan of such politicized messages, but I liked the narrative and the creative way it was filmed a lot . . . and when the message is about such exploited peoples it's hard to find fault with it.

6. Walberto's rating of the film Harvest: 3000 Years

If I ever get the chance to teach a course in film, this would definintly be one of my top selections. A must see.http://www.youtube.com/user/oneleggedwomanqueen#g/c/F434615A0514380C

7. micmac●'s rating of the film Harvest: 3000 Years

Seconding what Matthew Walker said. I'm surprised there hasn't been more effort to preserve and distribute what exists of Ethiopian cinema.

8. apursansar's rating of the film Harvest: 3000 Years

"Harvest: 3000 Years" is not just by far the greatest African film I have yet seen, but also another stellar masterpiece of world cinema that won't make it into the annals of film history since it was made in an underdeveloped third world country. It's our loss that we tend to ignore their artistic output, and a missed opportunity to get a better understanding of a whole culture which our "civilization" devastated.