1. Ethan's rating of the film Hatari!

This was a nice change of pace for John Wayne, instead of herding cattle and drunks, he's on a safari and man is it a wild time.

2. FISCHER's rating of the film Hatari!

Les vrais vedettes sont ici, pour notre plus grand plaisir, les animaux... www.cinefiches.com

3. nessmj's rating of the film Hatari!

Based on the Hawks I've seen, Hatari! seems to be a fully realized evolution of his catalog that becomes less driven by plot or conflict, in a classical narrative sense, as his career matured, and more a beautiful documentation of the loveliness of human interaction at work. Initially slightly put off by what felt like shoddy acting, I came to love them for their flaws, as I would any of my friends.

4. Love Walked In's rating of the film Hatari!

What a jazz. Independence and togetherness.

5. Scienceofphantoms's rating of the film Hatari!

This isn't a masterpiece, but it is a real touchstone in the craft. I'd even call it a lark. One big lark. Enormous, as its run-time and serial narration suggest. I see why many take this to be a producer of brilliant formal ideas, and I see it having a lot of fun while doing that, but I also see - and why not bring it up - animal cruelty, sexism, and post-in-neo-colonial racism on display. Why go to all the trouble?

6. Duncan Gray's rating of the film Hatari!

Another of Hawks's paradises, an outpost on the edge of the world where the camaraderie of men at work is enhanced by a spunky femme who might conquer their leader's heart. It's a wonderful place to spend time, and the first three-quarters contain fond, worldly, delicate wisdom that the film promptly undermines with one of Hawks's lamest endings. But it's an old-timer's reverie, to be sure.

7. Eugene Kotlyarenko's rating of the film Hatari!

Thrilling filmmaking full of camaraderie with in-your-face camera work during the missions...made completely weird by the inherent evil of game hunting (even if it is for "zoos" lol)

8. Jack D. Fleischer's rating of the film Hatari!

I love the score. There's some signature Hawks charm, too. The run time is long though, and while it somehow feels like it needs the scope to get where it's going, I found the film ultimately a bit laborious.

9. Alex Denison's rating of the film Hatari!

A documentary about actors catching wild animals.

10. Ben Bosko's rating of the film Hatari!

11. polkasan's rating of the film Hatari!

Sometimes entertaining, but way too long...

12. Kasey's rating of the film Hatari!

Really funny, especially the escaped ostriches scene.

13. chanandre's rating of the film Hatari!

[Cinémathèque PT #400: 35 mm]