1. kartina obskura's rating of the film Hatchet for the Honeymoon

2,5 mostly for the cinematography

2. Nicholas Gregory's rating of the film Hatchet for the Honeymoon

The horror elements and murders are quite underwhelming and tame, diluting the intensity and minimizing the psychology of them being a necessity for our emotionally despaired killer. Sure, Bava's style and set design are glorious, but this is far from his most atmospheric work, while the now-familiar plotting feels tame, and Forsyth isn't engaging in either of his sane/insane guises. One of Bava's blander films.

3. DrFirestone's rating of the film Hatchet for the Honeymoon

One of the classics of the genre. The highlight is the cinematography - it definitely stands out, I also liked the funky music. The murder scenes are far from convincing (they play a major role in the film) and the plot itself is a bit of a letdown too, to say the least. The supernatural element seems out of place until the very end where it gets a bit psychedelic (anything would fit at that point).

4. captainfez's rating of the film Hatchet for the Honeymoon

Til death us do part MY ASS.

5. Frank ViSo's rating of the film Hatchet for the Honeymoon

6. panagiotatos's rating of the film Hatchet for the Honeymoon

4/10, uneven plot, bad acting in a sloppy, predictable movie, lacking in jump scares.

7. mm00mm's rating of the film Hatchet for the Honeymoon

The Gucci pyjamas Harrington wears at the breakfast table the morning after he murders his wife.

8. Jan De Block's rating of the film Hatchet for the Honeymoon

Brilliant movie. Great acting, lighting, scenes and music. Fantastic!

9. guillermo's rating of the film Hatchet for the Honeymoon

The beauty of naive. Manic husband, spiritist wife, clumsy detective. Great giallo by Bava.

10. Zineu Simionato's rating of the film Hatchet for the Honeymoon

The weakest Mario Bava's movie I've seen.

11. João R.'s rating of the film Hatchet for the Honeymoon

This is so charming and seductive in a murderous way. There is so much to be astonished by - from the aesthetics and the blending of scenes to John's memories, hallucinations, mannequins, and pure charm - that it's a shame to be confronted with such a withered story. It had potential to be fortified.

12. FISCHER's rating of the film Hatchet for the Honeymoon

Excellentes cinq premières minutes, puis on s'enfonce dans la médiocrité ! www.cinefiches.com

13. tsamaroden's rating of the film Hatchet for the Honeymoon

Impeccable wardrobes and production design. Mario Bava has created a visually striking piece of cinema. I loved the acting and the story, and found myself glued to the film throughout. Another home run from Bava.

14. Chloé's rating of the film Hatchet for the Honeymoon

The photography is so beautiful but I hardly understood the story I guess? Anyway it is always fun to watch rich people hating each others and killing each others and having childhood traumas and having beautiful garments.

15. lostlevel's rating of the film Hatchet for the Honeymoon

Not devoid of at least some redeeming qualities.

16. pattiocleavis's rating of the film Hatchet for the Honeymoon

17. Daniel S.'s rating of the film Hatchet for the Honeymoon

In my opinion, one of Mario Bava's masterpieces. Bava is inventing here some of the most essential giallo codes so that his pale imitators such as Dario Argento, Sergio Martino or Umberto Lenzi could make a lot of money the following years. Everything is already here in this movie plus naturally the brilliant idea of a mad man believing that he's going mad. Essential if you're a movie lover.

18. Timmy93's rating of the film Hatchet for the Honeymoon

Plot is paper thin but the stylish element saves it. Mildred is the highlight too funny.

19. Marc of Toronto's rating of the film Hatchet for the Honeymoon

"I am attracted to everything which is an alteration of nature". Masterful. Mildred deserves an Oscar. (There are no hatchets in this film.)

20. Ale/M's rating of the film Hatchet for the Honeymoon

21. pepoire's rating of the film Hatchet for the Honeymoon

I would have given this three stars, but Mildred merits a fourth. Mildred! Husband trolling in a handbag from beyond the grave! PERFECT.

22. dominique s.'s rating of the film Hatchet for the Honeymoon

23. Paolo Simeone's rating of the film Hatchet for the Honeymoon

New Italian dub is one of the worst crimes against our cinema heritage.

24. Stefan Drees's rating of the film Hatchet for the Honeymoon

Some elements are stunning, e.g. the distorted sounds and camera perspectives in the madness/vision sequences.