1. FISCHER's rating of the film Hatchet for the Honeymoon

Excellentes cinq premières minutes, puis on s'enfonce dans la médiocrité ! www.cinefiches.com

2. tsamaroden's rating of the film Hatchet for the Honeymoon

Impeccable wardrobes and production design. Mario Bava has created a visually striking piece of cinema. I loved the acting and the story, and found myself glued to the film throughout. Another home run from Bava.

3. Chloé's rating of the film Hatchet for the Honeymoon

The photography is so beautiful but I hardly understood the story I guess? Anyway it is always fun to watch rich people hating each others and killing each others and having childhood traumas and having beautiful garments.

4. lostlevel's rating of the film Hatchet for the Honeymoon

Not devoid of at least some redeeming qualities.

5. pattiocleavis's rating of the film Hatchet for the Honeymoon

6. Daniel S.'s rating of the film Hatchet for the Honeymoon

In my opinion, one of Mario Bava's masterpieces. Bava is inventing here some of the most essential giallo codes so that his pale imitators such as Dario Argento, Sergio Martino or Umberto Lenzi could make a lot of money the following years. Everything is already here in this movie plus naturally the brilliant idea of a mad man believing that he's going mad. Essential if you're a movie lover.

7. Timmy93's rating of the film Hatchet for the Honeymoon

Plot is paper thin but the stylish element saves it. Mildred is the highlight too funny.

8. Marc of Toronto's rating of the film Hatchet for the Honeymoon

"I am attracted to everything which is an alteration of nature". Masterful. Mildred deserves an Oscar. (There are no hatchets in this film.)

9. Ale/M's rating of the film Hatchet for the Honeymoon

10. pepoire's rating of the film Hatchet for the Honeymoon

I would have given this three stars, but Mildred merits a fourth. Mildred! Husband trolling in a handbag from beyond the grave! PERFECT.

11. dominique s.'s rating of the film Hatchet for the Honeymoon

12. Paolo Simeone's rating of the film Hatchet for the Honeymoon

New Italian dub is one of the worst crimes against our cinema heritage.

13. Stefan Drees's rating of the film Hatchet for the Honeymoon

Some elements are stunning, e.g. the distorted sounds and camera perspectives in the madness/vision sequences.

14. paul oram's rating of the film Hatchet for the Honeymoon

On the one hand this was total bollocks, but on the other its actually quite rich with psychological insight.

15. barleeku@comcast.net's rating of the film Hatchet for the Honeymoon

Far surpassed my expectations. Good acting, a very nice twist, excellent cinematography, and strangely gripping. Lots of interesting shots and Bava is always in control of the pace. Nice.

16. msmichel's rating of the film Hatchet for the Honeymoon

A fine chiller from Mario Bava that finds a wedding house director obsessed with killing brides who soon finds himself being hunted by a suspicious inspector and being haunted by his recently disposed of wife. Set design is excellent as is the use of music and visual design. Performances vary in effectiveness.

17. Simone Alborghetti's rating of the film Hatchet for the Honeymoon

Mario Bava è il maestro del non banale, anche con una trama semplice sviluppa un film che coinvolge fino alla fine lasciando sempre il dubbio di cosa stia per accadere. La violenza c'è ma è magistralmente celata per non scadere nel banale splatter.

18. T.J. Royal's rating of the film Hatchet for the Honeymoon

What an awesome name for a movie.

19. Silenzio's rating of the film Hatchet for the Honeymoon

Wonderfully dark, comic Bava film which may have been inspired by the similarly themed underrated Luis Bunuel film Ensayo de un crimen. Featuring typically stunning visual imagery and camerawork and fill of in-jokes (the Bava film Black Sabbath appears on Tv and proves to be an important plot point) it is surely the most underappreciated film in his filmography.