1. Evan Schafer's rating of the film Hatchet

While I wasn't as disliking of this film like some others appear to be, I also wasn't completely thrilled by it. A lot of the story takes place on a swamp boat "tour" ride that turns deadly and, with an elephant man parody as the murderer, it all felt a little kitschy. Yes, there were some eyebrow-raisers in terms of the methods of killing that the elephant man does, but that's really about it. Worth one viewing.

2. Nathan Silva's rating of the film Hatchet

3. Glue Sniffer's rating of the film Hatchet

4. Nick Schwab's rating of the film Hatchet

I admit that I love this film! It's a tongue-and-cheek take on the corny and much more serious Friday the 13th series, yet it's a quite fine parody of it. Hatchet is juvenile in every way but is quite entertaining, which is the whole purpose of silly comedy and the fun of bad slasher films. While those Jason Voorhees films are unintentionally campy, unlike that series, this film achieves what it sets out to do.

5. Diego Ravazzolo's rating of the film Hatchet

6. vordven's rating of the film Hatchet

7. dave gunn's rating of the film Hatchet

An overall good time, bringing back the fun ridiculousness of oldschool slasher films. Cheesy hilarity and brutal practical effects.

8. Diego Carrera's rating of the film Hatchet

Hiring Hodder and Englund to play some characters doesn't make a good slasher. Actors seem to fake all the time, the plot is lame & unoriginal, the supposed "funny" dialogues are just too unfunny and full of prejudice against women and aged people. These and a few other problems make this not a nostalgic but an outdated horror movie which attempts to reproduce 80s horror but is awfully disconnected to its own age.

9. Giovanni Maroli's rating of the film Hatchet

Not so funny and not so scary..... but somehow enjoyable

10. Jörg Althaus's rating of the film Hatchet

Funny splatter movie. But not really frightening. It is just funny how imaginative the killer is

11. Stefan Drees's rating of the film Hatchet

Nice and old-fashioned. But why do they always talk so much?

12. João R's rating of the film Hatchet

The only effective thing about this movie was the jump scares. And even those weren't enough to save this piece of work, anyway.

13. This is Jake Kath's rating of the film Hatchet

If you're looking for something new, try Cabin in the Woods or even Drag me to Hell, but if you're looking for a gooey throwback to 80s slasher flicks with a healthy amount of sense of humor, sit in front row with this one! Its such a good start to a gore driven horror franchise!

14. Matt's rating of the film Hatchet

15. Jason Callen's rating of the film Hatchet

Terrific slasher.Don't let the 2006 release date fool you, this is done in the spirit of the original run of American slashers (hence the tag line "Old School American Horror"). This includes using only practical effects, something people who know me know that I long for. It looks so much better than the digital gore of recent years.

16. gloryofistanbul's rating of the film Hatchet

superb tongue in cheek horror