1. Chris's rating of the film Haunter

Probably closer to 3 1/2 stars, but I liked it quite a bit so I decided to round up. While not great, this is a solid little twist on the haunted house story with a good central performance from Breslin.

2. Howard Orr's rating of the film Haunter

Overblown horror movie, so enamoured with its structural neatness that it forgets to be scary or original.

3. CarlosEsquives's rating of the film Haunter

Decepcionante Natali quien parecía perfilarse a un filme de terror psicológico, para luego comenzar a desarrollar pistas, canales que dan respuestas a lo paranormal. Ese necesidad por convertir a la víctima en ddetective, y en donde lo paranormal siempre tiene que darnos respuestas. Una mecánica aburrida, donde el suspenso (o ese discurso sobre mentes perturbadas, presenten en anteriores filmes de Natali) se anula.

4. Benji's rating of the film Haunter

I liked it. I liked Abigail and I liked the story. The end did have shades of Buffy, but guess what? I don't care. Horror is cheesy. Horror is . . . sometimes absurd, but this took me away for 97 mins and didn't break the spell once. So, four stars because I can.

5. Westley's rating of the film Haunter

I normally like Vincenzo Natali, but this one was kind of weak. A lot of plotting happens without much substance. It was like an long and mediocre Twilight Zone episode.

6. Mathias Palmberg's rating of the film Haunter

This had a lot of potential but ended up a stinker (almost). The story is somewhat nifty and the casting, albeit predictable, is serviceable. The direction and plotting is very pedestrian and it gets quite boring after a while. The suspense fizzles and not even the production design or soundtrack work can muster any real sense of urgency.

7. Seth's rating of the film Haunter

This was the best episode of Are You Afraid of the Dark? ever!

8. Cinematic's rating of the film Haunter

It borrows heavily from 'Groundhog Day', 'The Lovely Bones' and Natali's own 'Nothing', using kind-of-original ideas while being completely formulaic in its execution. The mere intention of this is to replicate the cool factor of recycled concepts, but the worst is this utterly silly, "nickelodeon-movies" tone that the movie has throughout.