1. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Heart of a Dog

Gorgeous meditation on love and loss. The soundtrack is fascinating as it moves through various themes. There are moments reminiscent of 'Twin Peaks'. I love the personality of the rat terrier. "Ok, I hear what you say, but, will it be fun?"

2. Erik F.'s rating of the film Heart of a Dog

Sorry, Laurie -- your dog could NOT play the piano.

3. Richard Tines's rating of the film Heart of a Dog

A heartfelt audiovisual tapestry weaving together many strands (her pet's last years, musings about life/death, memory, post 9-11 America) into an interesting, but unfortunately only hour-long film...given that running time, it's like getting interrupted in the middle of a savoury meal...so, in lieu, I'll watch it several times...

4. Khach Aloyan's rating of the film Heart of a Dog

9. Ruiz Buñuel's rating of the film Heart of a Dog

10. Mario Tomchev's rating of the film Heart of a Dog

11. -REM-'s rating of the film Heart of a Dog

12. EdieEmm's rating of the film Heart of a Dog

Imagine a collection of peoples' consciousnesses, like float tanks, that you could pick from, spend an hour in... That's what this was like. A place to drift, let yourself be comfortably enveloped. Someone else's dream, with scraps of poetry (“the purpose of death is the release of love”...) Not extraordinary, but calming, conducive to rest, maybe regeneration. Even if her dog makes mine look like an underachiever...

13. Cbarky99's rating of the film Heart of a Dog

'Every love story is a ghost story' said David Foster Wallace."

14. riraru's rating of the film Heart of a Dog

Beautiful and very different.

15. Marcelo Fornari's rating of the film Heart of a Dog

Very moving exploration of grief and loss, slightly brought down by some shallow reflections about contemporary America that feel both superficial and unsatisfying.

16. Frank ViSo's rating of the film Heart of a Dog

17. consuelo's rating of the film Heart of a Dog

Once upon a time humans thought that life were a struggle to discover its meaning. It came a movie to let us know that life is a nonsense journey to become dirt.

18. Drew.'s rating of the film Heart of a Dog

At first I thought it was pretty silly. By the end I was weeping. So...

19. Justine Vernera's rating of the film Heart of a Dog

3.5 from a viewer unused to this sort of cinematographic essays. Nevertheless, mesmerizing.

20. Violet Rien's rating of the film Heart of a Dog

21. Renton47's rating of the film Heart of a Dog

An exercise in retroactive lamentation, cycling backwards to locate the point of our tragedy. At least that's the 9/11 paranoia, the canine reverie is all prescience, an understanding that the tragedy doesn't undermine all history. Anderson's response is a little stoic, spiritual for me to feel, but aesthetically this is a defined and personal vision.

22. Slow Immersion's rating of the film Heart of a Dog

Arghhh, the female narrator has to be one of the most irritating I've ever heard and not that there is anything of value to begin with, but she manages to make this unwatchable. Visually, it has some good segments. Whilst it does cover othet topics, I've always been baffled by people's desire to keep animals as pets just for their enjoyment.

23. cabrapreta's rating of the film Heart of a Dog

24. Graf von Zahl's rating of the film Heart of a Dog

Excellent movie-essay about death and farewell. Collage of photos, animation and some archival materials with Laurie's music - it would've been great even without spoken part. I'm wondering why I haven't heard of Lolabelle's Christmas record before ;-)