1. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film Heart of a Dog

2. Ruiz Buñuel's rating of the film Heart of a Dog

3. Mario Tomchev's rating of the film Heart of a Dog

4. -REM-'s rating of the film Heart of a Dog

5. EdieEmm's rating of the film Heart of a Dog

Imagine a collection of peoples' consciousnesses, like float tanks, that you could pick from, spend an hour in... That's what this was like. A place to drift, let yourself be comfortably enveloped. Someone else's dream, with scraps of poetry (“the purpose of death is the release of love”...) Not extraordinary, but calming, conducive to rest, maybe regeneration. Even if her dog makes mine look like an underachiever...

6. Cbarky99's rating of the film Heart of a Dog

'Every love story is a ghost story' said David Foster Wallace."

7. riraru's rating of the film Heart of a Dog

Beautiful and very different.

8. Marcelo Fornari's rating of the film Heart of a Dog

Very moving exploration of grief and loss, slightly brought down by some shallow reflections about contemporary America that feel both superficial and unsatisfying.

9. Frank ViSo's rating of the film Heart of a Dog

10. consuelo's rating of the film Heart of a Dog

Once upon a time humans thought that life were a struggle to discover its meaning. It came a movie to let us know that life is a nonsense journey to become dirt.

11. Drew.'s rating of the film Heart of a Dog

At first I thought it was pretty silly. By the end I was weeping. So...

12. Justine Vernera's rating of the film Heart of a Dog

3.5 from a viewer unused to this sort of cinematographic essays. Nevertheless, mesmerizing.

13. Violet Rien's rating of the film Heart of a Dog

14. Renton47's rating of the film Heart of a Dog

An exercise in retroactive lamentation, cycling backwards to locate the point of our tragedy. At least that's the 9/11 paranoia, the canine reverie is all prescience, an understanding that the tragedy doesn't undermine all history. Anderson's response is a little stoic, spiritual for me to feel, but aesthetically this is a defined and personal vision.

15. Slow Immersion [Joe]'s rating of the film Heart of a Dog

Arghhh, the female narrator has to be one of the most irritating I've ever heard and not that there is anything of value to begin with, but she manages to make this unwatchable. Visually, it has some good segments. Whilst it does cover othet topics, I've always been baffled by people's desire to keep animals as pets just for their enjoyment.

16. cabrapreta's rating of the film Heart of a Dog

17. Graf von Zahl's rating of the film Heart of a Dog

Excellent movie-essay about death and farewell. Collage of photos, animation and some archival materials with Laurie's music - it would've been great even without spoken part. I'm wondering why I haven't heard of Lolabelle's Christmas record before ;-)

18. Lynch/Fellini's rating of the film Heart of a Dog

Here is a wonderful examination of the relationships between dreams, memories, hallucinations, and the nature of existence!

19. Anastasija Mass's rating of the film Heart of a Dog

Max was featured >> at least

20. Endless Eye's rating of the film Heart of a Dog

There are some legitimately great revelations within this film. And as a big fan of the essay genre, there are plenty of moments that shine for me. However I must admit that I got tired of the same rain drop filter being applied to nearly half of the film.

21. Aardsy's rating of the film Heart of a Dog

It's hard to own a dog in this post 9/11 world.

22. Salvador Amores's rating of the film Heart of a Dog

An inviting and accesible essay film. That is already something quite rare.

23. nematomaranka's rating of the film Heart of a Dog

Laurie Anderson is captivating as always but all visual ideas are not new and not beautiful enough.

24. cinegeek.de's rating of the film Heart of a Dog

Laurie Anderson, die Ikone der 80er, der New Wave, wurde gebeten, einen Kurzfilm über ihre Lebensphilosophie zu drehen und lehnte entschieden ab. Lieber inszeniere sie einen Film über ihren Hund. Der Film, den die Multimedia-Künstlerin über ihren Hund gemacht hat, ist eine Meditation über das Leben und den Tod geworden... mehr auf cinegeek.de