1. Ashley Spendlove's rating of the film Heartbeat Detector

An ambitious, intelligent and serious film but seriously overwrought, overlong and at times it loses coherence. A shame because the subject matter is important, and both the performances and the overall production are excellent. Seems almost philistine to suggest that it might have been a better film with the loss of twenty minutes but that is certainly my immediate response.

2. Declan O'Neill's rating of the film Heartbeat Detector

A very strange film, and one I'll be watching again before I can attempt a complete review. But really rather strange. I love the music that accompanies the 'rave' scene. Mathieu Amalric is as watchable as ever.

3. Thomas Dods's rating of the film Heartbeat Detector

Reminded me a little of the film Michael Clayton but with a denser plot which throws more curveballs to the viewer. Great moody thriller.

4. P Teddy Sawyer's rating of the film Heartbeat Detector

A bleak unpleasured reality; the truth that lies in the 'Spider's Stratagem' and gasps for air amid the putrid flourescent gasses of 'the entertainment industry'

5. Christine's rating of the film Heartbeat Detector

This is a brilliant piece of work. Absolutely captivating, an intricate story with compelling dialogue, well balanced by skilful cinematography that subtly shows what it doesn't tell. The story itself is compelling, and very relevant.

6. Karl Patrick Norberg's rating of the film Heartbeat Detector

A critique of the darkness that lies at the heart of modern Europe. A compelling take on corporate culture and the alienation it produces. The film discusses various philosophical themes in an abstract manner, focusing more on the aesthetic of the ideas rather than their content. The film does feel slightly elongated but in its totality provides a dispiriting two hour journey with little to no hope for redemption.

7. Superfrog's rating of the film Heartbeat Detector

Yes for the study of dehumanisation, no to the rhythm, and the easy forced parallels. Amalric is once again great in this.

8. Rob Thomas's rating of the film Heartbeat Detector

Overstated and not as smart as it thinks it is. C'mon Mubi!

9. rowan's rating of the film Heartbeat Detector

There's much to admire but essentially it has that French disease of ponderousness - long shots of a man sad in the morning, of a song. The word I seek is self indulgent. An excellent book behnd this? a But this is riddled with hackneyed post structuralist bonmots of texts destroying texts, fragments -..ultimately and self indulgent .(a personal view some may love it) good idea behind it and excellent performances.

10. PFL's rating of the film Heartbeat Detector

A slow-burning and largely unsatisfactory work. The reliance on Amalric's voiceovers to make the viewer picture certain images for himself is understandable - these are, without doubt, the most affecting moments of the film - but the lack of pacing and focus leave it floundering.

11. Golwg's rating of the film Heartbeat Detector

Now I know why our 'Human Resources' manager always gives me the creeps.

12. Michael Zyx MH Claes's rating of the film Heartbeat Detector

13. Allison Rung's rating of the film Heartbeat Detector

Amalric did what he could though.

14. Julius GL's rating of the film Heartbeat Detector

Film étonnant, politique, à la mise en scène radicale et envoûtante. Certaines confrontations de personnages sont passionnantes.

15. christophel's rating of the film Heartbeat Detector

Un fascinant essai cinématrographique

16. Olivier Serafinowicz's rating of the film Heartbeat Detector

Voir peut-être, après viosionnage, la revue sur Critikat: http://www.critikat.com/actualite-cine/critique/la-question-humaine.html I thought this movie, sometimes a little jumbled, was still powerful and reproduced well the coldness of the text (and the violence of our technocratic world).

17. clara m's rating of the film Heartbeat Detector

18. barleeku@comcast.net's rating of the film Heartbeat Detector

Riveting despite being a quiet movie. The best of French intellectualism without the preciosity. Mathieu Amalric brilliantly leads a terrific cast. Direction manages to be both haunting and bold with stark cuts and provocative narrative jumps. The theme of guilt is multi-textured—sins of the father, sins of the bystander, sins of the dissimulators who re-enact old crimes draped in new uniforms.

19. Richard Doyle's rating of the film Heartbeat Detector

A good idea poorly executed. The film is really long and glacially placed, so much so I confess I stopped caring about what was happening long before anything interesting was revealed.

20. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Heartbeat Detector

Well-intentioned, but it came out as a mish-mash. The standards we apply to others don't count when it comes to us.

21. Kathy Miriam's rating of the film Heartbeat Detector

i didn't quite *get* how music and film fit together although i deeply enjoyed the music. I thought the movie brilliantly, and thoughfully--with necessary slowness--drew out the crucial connections , both historically, and in terms of contemporary corporate capitalism (is there another kind?) between capitalism--and facism.

22. msmichel's rating of the film Heartbeat Detector

An excellent script from Elisabeth Perceval adapting the Francois Emmanuel tome into a mediation on business psychology, guilt and contemporary European identity. Klotz's direction is languid enveloping the viewer in its slow pace and eventual discoveries. Music choices may be disconcerting to some but fit and create the mood intended. Amalric very good here with fair turns by veterans Lonsdale and Castel.

23. Madison Killough's rating of the film Heartbeat Detector

Impeccable cinematography, styling, and movement. A meditative contemplation is nurtured through the progressive yet flowing narrative. Your thoughts have enough room to breathe while the language continually provokes....

24. ADZERTY's rating of the film Heartbeat Detector

C'est une grande question que celle de la frontière à partir de laquelle on sombre dans l'inhumanité, d'autant plus que le langage même, par sa nature, sa substance de mots, et sa capacité à rationaliser, abstraire, déréaliser, peut nous y conduire sournoisement, si l'on n'y veille. C'est à cet "apocalypse now", à cette descente dans notre propre enfer moral, que semble nous convier avec exigence Nicolas Klotz.