1. Adam Whybray's rating of the film Heartless

Needed to be more trim and lean to work effectively as a thriller, but then again, the digressions and (indulgent?) flourishes are what have stayed with me. Although Ridley's ostensibly an urban writer, he seemed far more confident with the open rural spaces of 'The Reflecting Skin' than the tenement buildings and concrete underpasses of 'Heartless'. For me his strongest recent works have been his monologues.

2. nadnab's rating of the film Heartless

3. Lights in the Dusk's rating of the film Heartless

Closer to Ridley's stage plays than his work for cinema; the dead London, full of demonic gangs & tribal violence more Mercury Fur than Darkly Noon. Plot presents an obvious riff on the legend of Faust, but with Ridley using genre tropes & iconography to tell a moving psychological story about morality. It's more convoluted than previous, trading pure imagery for twists & explanations, & as such feels a bit generic.

4. Sean Patrick Stevens's rating of the film Heartless

I love urban fantasy but it was a frustrating experience because it seemed all over the place yet there are some great images and Eddie Marsan's character is quite effective yet I didn't feel it came together like Ridley 's other films.

5. Ingrid Aldama's rating of the film Heartless

I only watched this because Clémence Poésy is on it. Very confusing.

6. pseuDony's rating of the film Heartless

terselamatkan oleh sinematografi bagus di beberapa bagian. the rest is shit...

7. the.deft.one's rating of the film Heartless

Never quite lives up to the standards set by it's lofty Faustian ambition despite it's relatively unique blend of horror + fantasy set amongst a neon-lit London similarly seen in Cornish's Attack the Block. But it's Ridley's invention and determination to not simply conform to type that proves his downfall; Heartless delivers neither a philosophical message of any weight, a meaningful father/son sub-plot nor the..

8. Pymo's rating of the film Heartless

9. msmichel's rating of the film Heartless

Interesting little chiller from Philip Ridley. His first film in 14 years is certainly a pleasure to watch. A big fan of "The Reflecting Skin" I find it so disappointing that such a director has only made 3 pictures. Poesy somewhat miscast but Sturgess quite good with great turns by clarke, sheen, marsden and especially young mistry. Reminded me somewhat of parker's angel heart. Reccomended for genre fans.

10. Rafael Ramz III's rating of the film Heartless

11. Marcus Killerby's rating of the film Heartless

It is an utter mess of a film. If it had a twist, I don't know what it was. If it had a message, I don't know what it was. If it was meant to be uplifting, I'm really not sure how. Having said that, it does have a lot going for it. Some amazing imagery, very inventive ideas and wonderful cast of characters (particularly the 'weapon man'). Enjoyable for the most part, the last 30 minutes are a complete let down though

12. ΞRIC B∆D TASTΞ's rating of the film Heartless

it started as a very nice movie & i was very surprised about... but after the transformation it was just disappointing & boring..!

13. Tigrão's rating of the film Heartless

I really like the idea brought by the Papa B character: that kind of philosophy saying that happiness must be paid by evil. That was not bad. Sometimes a bit awkward, but I liked it.

14. Theolini's rating of the film Heartless

15. Bullitt's rating of the film Heartless

Extremely imaginative and ambitious, but the obvious music and stupid twist ending really brought it down for me.

16. jaime's rating of the film Heartless

I enjoyed the premiss of the story. Also about 3/4's through the movie I still had NO idea what was going to happen.. which was good. However the cinematography was very repetitious and over colorized. The story is very sad and depressing all the way through.

17. Westley's rating of the film Heartless

Don't listen to the haters, this movie is an incredible piece of atmospheric horror/fantasy. If you're looking for original and inventive genre films you need to see this.

18. A.J. Hakari's rating of the film Heartless

An edgy supernatural jaunt that starts as "Death Wish" and ends as "Faust." A solid film bolstered by great mood, a story that keeps you wondering where it's going next, and a sympathetic lead performance from Jim Sturgess.

19. Aqua_Tofana's rating of the film Heartless

I couldn't manage to get through it. Bad effects, bad storyline and if they manage to make even Clemence Poesy look bad saying "I'm not a prostitute" wearing fake fur and red lipstick- it's REALLY bad.

20. ARGIL's rating of the film Heartless

I am a big fan of The Reflecting Skin so I had high hopes for this one. Meh...somewhat disappointing.