1. Laura Suffield's rating of the film Heat

A lot of style, zero substance. Enough to get me through 45 mins.

2. DOM PAUL SCHEGGIA's rating of the film Heat

Heat and Manhunter are my top two Mann movies and after watching Heat now and for the umpteenth time it wins outright. This is one of those special movies that had all the attention it deserved from a director at the top of his game. I dare say this film would be tough to get made now. Thank fuck it did.

3. D.J. Devereux's rating of the film Heat

Did you love The Dark Knight? Well Nolan will owe a constant debt to the great Michael Mann and his swansong "Heat". Its the oldest story, Cops and Robbers, that is tailored to perfection. The Good guy is slipping more into the dark as the Bad Guy begins to flirt with the light. This is the original LA Neo Neon Noir Film. Nothing can touch it

4. nickolia's rating of the film Heat

5. Peter Walsh's rating of the film Heat

A film I've had a wonderfully hot/cold relationship with. A tedious exercise in precision for precision's sake, or just a brilliantly executed masterpiece? The fact every tom-dick-and-harry seems to want to make their own version of this, and setting aside the fact the GTAIV is pretty much a distant echo of this film, the film itself still holds fast.

6. blkrchs's rating of the film Heat

7. A.K's rating of the film Heat

8. Kevin Matthews's rating of the film Heat

Strange as it may seem, Heat is a modern classic all too easily dismissed by people who remember it, but don't remember quite how great it REALLY is. I was one of those people. Oh, most claim to love it. And most will rate it highly. But it's worth revisiting to bask in the glow of something close to thriller movie perfection.

9. Stefan Drees's rating of the film Heat

I think Michael Mann has never made a better film than this one. His LA - illuminated with cold green and blue metallic colors - is a mirror of the frozen and unemotional relationships of the main characters. Mann often underlines this by encircling his actors with a moving camera to create a narrow space - a kind of invisible cage - around them.

10. Rafael Ramz III's rating of the film Heat

11. Ka potem Es's rating of the film Heat

12. carlosleite's rating of the film Heat

Included "Insomnia" - from Christopher Nolan, Heat it's one of my favorite crime movies. Great screenplay, great actuations, and great original score.

13. Ann Burden's rating of the film Heat

14. Joao Francisco Pinho's rating of the film Heat

Um clássico de acção policial com dois grandes papéis interpretados por um De Niro sereno em que o único defeito é a fraqueza emocional de se agarrar alguém e um Al Pacino cujos grandes momentos de representação são a sua sincera e natural irritação.

15. epiphany_moment2000's rating of the film Heat

A methodical and elegantly cinematic piece with a killer score that tends to be a bit too masculine at times, at least for my taste.

16. Marc St-Cyr (Death cinéphilia)'s rating of the film Heat

17. Moses Lumpkin's rating of the film Heat

The tension building in this film is an art of its own.

18. Nick Schwab's rating of the film Heat

Mann's direction is surprisingly analytical, eschewing directorial flourishes for a pitch-perfect screenplay that focuses on characterizations and dramatic conflicts, and the emotion therein. Mann grounds the story so much in detail and the modus operandi of the police/criminals that even its extraordinary elements feel realistic. Heat may be routine in its plot, but the handling of its detail marks it a masterpiece.

19. LauraPalmer's rating of the film Heat

Rewatched and re-loved. An intense (and perfect) film.

20. Louisa Savignon's rating of the film Heat

i would give it 2 stars for being a really bad movie, but then i'll give it 1 for being a really bad movie THAT'S 3 HOURS LONG

21. ofNatalie LA's rating of the film Heat

A tragedy of the dazzling pressure of being a man who must practice some kind of alchemy in his work, to prosper without losing selfhood in the course of the pursuit. Neil McCauley is so good at it that he forgets it's a means to an end, but that end is the hard part, you can't construct it. Chris Shiherlis is the real foil to his character as he unfailingly, unrequitedly put his woman first, and (spoiler) he lives.

22. Wellington's rating of the film Heat

The greatest movie police ever. Michael Mann thank you so much for an incredible film like this and for having gathered two legends to counteract each other.

23. Henrique Amud's rating of the film Heat

I can't believe it took me this long to watch it. DeNiro and Pacino going for their final lap with Michael Mann on top form. It could've been a good ol' procedural with goodies vs baddies but the script is very tight and the three hours pass by in a minute. I feel like the 21th century cinema harvested a lot from this crop.

24. MistaRichard's rating of the film Heat

Now here's a "cop movie" that is able to surpass its genre clichés and display an original, clever, well directed and enourmously acted story. To say, however, that this is one of the greatest movies ever made... is kind of pushing it, in my book.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7