1. bieup's rating of the film Heat

great stuff. i wanna be De Niro so bad after this.

2. G.F Pounder's rating of the film Heat

The action, the dialogue, the acting, the- I could go on, you know what I'm trying to list, they're all fantastic. By the end of the film, you find yourself with a genuine empathy in both De Niro and Pacino's characters- both of them symbolizing an extremity and dedication to their work which, although dangerous, we can all respect- and which allows them to respect each other too

3. Peregrine's rating of the film Heat

90s crime epic. The images and colors are dazed in coldness, the dialogue is no-nonsense, the music is synthy and you got DeNiro & Pacino. It all felt really classic & classy. Loved it

4. ramiah's rating of the film Heat

5. Leif Erikson's rating of the film Heat

You know, we are sitting here, you and I, like a couple of regular fellas. You do what you do, and I do what I gotta do. And now that we've been face to face, if I'm there and I gotta put you away, I won't like it.

6. enkii__bilal's rating of the film Heat

7. film_frame's rating of the film Heat

A bohemith of a film, proving Mann as the king of genre-filmmaking, with a par of excellent performances from De Niro, and Pacino. Quite possibly better than Thief.

8. bernardovazdecastro's rating of the film Heat

So much testosterone in this movie, except where it matter, in cinema. But even worst than all this fireworks for 2 and half long hours, is seeing the histrionic performance of Al Pacino (doing already the same act that he made in “Scarface”. Unfortunately that actor that I love so much in “Panic in Needle Park”, “Serpico”, “Godfather” or “Carlito’s Way” vanish)

9. ginobartolomi's rating of the film Heat

The sentimentalities are trite and mushy, they get in the way of the film's ability to build suspense or maintain a cohesive storyline. Or perhaps, it's the flimsy attempt at drawn out action scenes that get in the way of what may otherwise be a decent emotional drama. Al Pacino is a god, the rest are okay- there's just a lot of sleepy filler. Also, the sound mixing is horrible!! Not Mann's best in my opinion.

10. Erik F.'s rating of the film Heat

11. berat bayer's rating of the film Heat

12. diana's rating of the film Heat

13. Dan Kenneth Gigernes's rating of the film Heat

Al Pacino and Robert deNiro are on opposite sides of the law in this great heist movie. It has a lot of good subplots and one of the best ensembles put together. Great hand-held sequences makes one feel in the middle of the action and Michael Mann show again why he is one of the best action movie directors out there. The subplot with Natalie Portman doesn't really work that well though.

14. catbug's rating of the film Heat

15. paddelboot's rating of the film Heat

This could be just another generic crime thriller, but what sets it apart is that it is emotionally convincing. Short lines of dialogue have a deep impact, because there's so much in between those lines. And the shootout in the streets of L.A. is like a clean knockout - brutal and amazing.

16. Ashley Spendlove's rating of the film Heat

A film I hated on release, feeling it was bloated and boring. Over the years my feelings have changed radically and I have come to love it as an epic thriller par excellence. Mann pulls of an intricate narrative while providing sufficient space for his actors to breathe without surrendering any dramatic tension - quite the opposite: this is a truly absorbing, emotional and thrilling experience.

17. burning_chrome's rating of the film Heat

18. Shane Ewen's rating of the film Heat

Michael Mann's excellent, if overlong, chef-d'œuvre. Worth the admission for the Pacino-de Niro coffee alone.

19. First Lady Dré's rating of the film Heat

gack - melodrama indeed - got so bored I did the washing up...mind you any review of a film that uses 'infused' should not be heeded

20. Benjamin Bland's rating of the film Heat

21. Levi Miah's rating of the film Heat

There's not much to add to a conversation about Heat, but the choices Mann made for the transitions between different tonal sections within the score is pure genius, as is using LA as nothing but a panoramic backdrop for portrait cinematography (including using an actual helicopter as a backlight/lens flare device).

22. Nikola Enchev's rating of the film Heat

No need to mention all the positives, repeated so many times over the years. It is worth pointing out how far ahead cinema has moved in the 22 years since in terms of female characters. All female characters in Heat are either brutally murdered, emotionally one-dimensional, painfully unintelligent, or just plain generic. You could spin this the other way and say it is a film about dysfunctional men, but still ...

23. Rob Horsfall's rating of the film Heat

De Niro and Al Paccino having coffee together, need I say more.

24. Angelina's rating of the film Heat

Far too long, would give it a two if it wasn't for the ending. Not Alpacino's finest to say the least. Also had to watch it on another site and might possibly have a virus now- not at all happy Mubi!