1. K.S.'s rating of the film Heat

2. Joao Francisco Pinho's rating of the film Heat

Um clássico de acção policial com dois grandes papéis interpretados por um De Niro sereno em que o único defeito é a fraqueza emocional de se agarrar alguém e um Al Pacino cujos grandes momentos de representação são a sua sincera e natural irritação.

3. Epiphany2000's rating of the film Heat

A methodical and elegantly cinematic piece that doesn't rely on shock value but at the same time it doesn't quite manage to avoid the hypermasculinity patterns that are so typical of its genre. There were some soap-operatic and corny dialogues here and there too but who cares. Also the score was AMAZING.

4. Marc St-Cyr (Death cinéphilia)'s rating of the film Heat

5. Moses Lumpkin's rating of the film Heat

The tension building in this film is an art of its own.

6. Nick Schwab's rating of the film Heat

Mann's direction is surprisingly analytical, eschewing directorial flourishes for a pitch-perfect screenplay that focuses on characterizations and dramatic conflicts, and the emotion therein. Mann grounds the story so much in detail and the modus operandi of the police/criminals that even its extraordinary elements feel realistic. Heat may be routine in its plot, but the handling of its detail marks it a masterpiece.

7. LauraPalmer's rating of the film Heat

Rewatched and re-loved. An intense (and perfect) film.

8. Louisa Savignon's rating of the film Heat

i would give it 2 stars for being a really bad movie, but then i'll give it 1 for being a really bad movie THAT'S 3 HOURS LONG

9. ofNatalie LA's rating of the film Heat

A tragedy of the dazzling pressure of being a man who must practice some kind of alchemy in his work, to prosper without losing selfhood in the course of the pursuit. Neil McCauley is so good at it that he forgets it's a means to an end, but that end is the hard part, you can't construct it. Chris Shiherlis is the real foil to his character as he unfailingly, unrequitedly put his woman first, and (spoiler) he lives.

10. Wellington's rating of the film Heat

The greatest movie police ever. Michael Mann thank you so much for an incredible film like this and for having gathered two legends to counteract each other.

11. Henrique Amud's rating of the film Heat

I can't believe it took me this long to watch it. DeNiro and Pacino going for their final lap with Michael Mann on top form. It could've been a good ol' procedural with goodies vs baddies but the script is very tight and the three hours pass by in a minute. I feel like the 21th century cinema harvested a lot from this crop.

12. MistaRichard's rating of the film Heat

Now here's a "cop movie" that is able to surpass its genre clichés and display an original, clever, well directed and enourmously acted story. To say, however, that this is one of the greatest movies ever made... is kind of pushing it, in my book.

13. William's rating of the film Heat

Finest post-T2 action film ever made and more? Bud Cort is in this (uncredited!) and it ends with a Moby song that is so grandiose and yet so appropriate.

14. Jason's rating of the film Heat

Mann is this wildly inspired visual stylist whose main job has always been to make silly godawful movies exceedingly fascinating to look at. This really is peak Mann silly awfulness. The screenplay is maybe kinda smart in terms of basic story mechanics, but I'm certain that at least 75% of the worst dialogue of the 90s is pasted to this sucker. It demonstrates a value system so utterly vile as to provoke calumny.

15. Yildiz Doygun's rating of the film Heat

So, first time they see each other Vincent says: ''We're sitting here like a coupla regular fellas. You do what you do. I do what I gotta do. What happens if I am there and I got to put you away? I won't like it. But, if it's between you and some poor bastard whose wife you're going to make into a widow, brother, you are gonna go down.''

16. Hyperion_333's rating of the film Heat

I always feel like watching this movie.

17. Ramzi's rating of the film Heat

Can't imagine watching a much better thriller. Some faults but the film's stature makes itself felt

18. Fabiha's rating of the film Heat

"A guy told me once, 'Don't let yourself get attached to anything you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you feel the heat around the corner.'"

19. Valerya's rating of the film Heat

20. thejslewis's rating of the film Heat

Essentially a grown–up game of cops and robbers and their women with the sprawl of Greater Los Angeles as the boundaries. Mann continues his spree of crime films with this lumbering feat delivering some of the most realistic and riveting action sequences the genre has ever known. Robert De Niro and Al Pacino form each other’s greatest threats. When the two best actors of their generation finally meet – unbeatable.

21. mlstrx's rating of the film Heat

"i'm going there someday" ugh. for a while there i forgot how great 90s Mann was. that shootout is overwhelming, brings tears to my eyes.

22. Lynch/Fellini's rating of the film Heat

Once again, Michael Mann finds himself transcending the genre he works within to create a fascinating and existential character piece

23. Chihao Tsang's rating of the film Heat