1. pluviosity's rating of the film Heaven Can Wait

2. José Neves's rating of the film Heaven Can Wait

DCP, re-rating. Being one of my favorite filmmakers of all time and having already enjoyed this film a lot, this review has led me to realize that in this more affectionate way with a fiction mostly romanticized - with a somewhat moralistic perspective - the Lubitsch of the great ironic lucid movies attenuates his formal verve to a sweet-bitter review of life, with his usual brilliant ellipses and great technicolor.

3. Jérémy Poirier's rating of the film Heaven Can Wait

A truly beautiful film. It tells the story of an old man who is stuck in front of the gates of hell. He has to recount his life story so that the judge will decide whether the man goes down to hell or goes up to heaven. A magnificent use of Technicolor which makes it worth watching just for this. 3.5 stars.

4. FISCHER's rating of the film Heaven Can Wait

Peut-être le film le plus connu de Lubitsch, une merveille d'humour et de tendresse. www.cinefiches.com

5. Emily O's rating of the film Heaven Can Wait

wow tho.. repent not and thou shalt receive heaven and earth...a white bro's journey

6. εξώτερο Διάστημα's rating of the film Heaven Can Wait

7. Khashayar Mohammadi's rating of the film Heaven Can Wait

8. Cinema Omnivore's rating of the film Heaven Can Wait

7.9/10, my review: Heaven Can Wait

9. bryanvmh's rating of the film Heaven Can Wait

Four stars for if he had been sent down the same chute as the woman he meets early in the movie and his retelling of his life story is what happens on the way down.

10. James Mackin's rating of the film Heaven Can Wait

A fantastic film about a relatively horrible guy.

11. Hugo Poderoso's rating of the film Heaven Can Wait

It starts making you grin with witticisms like the "your soul is bigger than your pants" line, and ends leaving you with a gentle taste of melancholia.

12. Tudor Rachieru's rating of the film Heaven Can Wait

13. Aaken's rating of the film Heaven Can Wait

A delicious, delightful, old-fashioned comedy. Great dialogues, sumptuous cinematography. Of course, making this kind of films nowadays would be like writing a Viennese operetta. And... oh Gene Tierney!

14. Love Walked In's rating of the film Heaven Can Wait

I will try my best for life to have that kind of erotic nurse in the last scene by my bedside when i die. The best film of all time for me, alongside "La Nuit Americaine" by Francois Truffaut.

15. the_mentaculus's rating of the film Heaven Can Wait

Lubitsch's profound use of ellipsis really is like grasping at the wind of life to catch only the most important bits. Still, I get the distinct impression that Lubitsch is looking back on his own life - and his distinct gender politics, marrying love and polygamy - and hoping Satan is just a heck of a nice fella. There is a very peculiar, dark melancholy there. And I truly hope that worked out for him, really.

16. SpacePirate's rating of the film Heaven Can Wait

This one has an almost cartoonish feel to it at times. A blast to watch

17. A47's rating of the film Heaven Can Wait

Watching a newly restored print tonight on the bigscreen, I realized just how funny in every way Lubitsch was. A witty, though mature, film about the ebbs and flows of marriage. A scoundrel and a woman with a heart of gold. Beautiful cinematography, expert use of space, and comedic timing - reminiscent of Jean Renoir here. Sometimes love can be our biggest downfall. Other times, it's what saves us.

18. Blumes's rating of the film Heaven Can Wait

The "make your case for the Devil" format sets this apart from the Lubitsch litter. Charming and just as light on its feet as the rest of the lot.

19. Beatrice Lorenzini's rating of the film Heaven Can Wait

Uno di quei film che vorresti non finissero mai.

20. Howard Fritzson's rating of the film Heaven Can Wait

Lubitsch's warmest and most elegant film. He transforms Don Ameche into an accomplished farceur. No small feat. However, he doesn't quite achieve the same miracle with Gene Tierney but she is still a beauty. As usual, the supporting players are superb, especially Signe Hasso, Laird Cregar, Charles Coburn, Eugene Pallette and Marjorie Main.

21. Kamran's rating of the film Heaven Can Wait

Heaven Can Wait is a frank, dryly satirical, and uniquely charming film from one of the great masters of early American cinema, Ernst Lubitsch... What makes Heaven Can Wait different from other films from the classical period is Lubitsch’s charming nature... There’s a certain kindness about the world that is captured on screen; it is all quite familiar and friendly and makes one feel good about the world. 85/100

22. CafeGradiva's rating of the film Heaven Can Wait

23. James Devereaux's rating of the film Heaven Can Wait

If you cannot fall in love with Gene Tierney in this film, then you must have ice in your veins.

24. Sam's rating of the film Heaven Can Wait

This is pure cinematic gold.....just awesome!!!! Make sure you give it a spin even if that means exchanging some of your beetles for a copy!!!! With a stiff upper lip and a dose of mrs cooper cooper thrown in for good measure i can't recommend this enough!!!!