1. Blumes's rating of the film Heaven Knows, Mr. Allison

"I've never even lived before." Definitely (along with several other Huston's) influenced The Master with framing palm trees and "Don't Sit Under the Apple Tree".

2. FISCHER's rating of the film Heaven Knows, Mr. Allison

Oeuvre moins connue du grand cinéaste américain, John Huston, qui n'eut pas les faveurs du public à sa sortie et que le réalisateur tint pourtant pour essentielle... www.cinefiches.com

3. Stephane Tanaka's rating of the film Heaven Knows, Mr. Allison

4. AKFilmFan's rating of the film Heaven Knows, Mr. Allison

It wants to be another African Queen, but Huston's WWII adventure/dramedy doesn't quite measure up. It's structure is repetitive, w/ equal part conversing & incidents both calm and thrilling, Not until visitors arrive does it show some sense of life despite romance and contrived excuses to fall for each other. It may not end the way you'd expect, but Mitchum & Kerr help this from becoming a complete failure.

5. Jack D. Fleischer's rating of the film Heaven Knows, Mr. Allison

6. Pedro's rating of the film Heaven Knows, Mr. Allison

Gotta love Mitchum's expression when he smells the sake.

7. mjgildea's rating of the film Heaven Knows, Mr. Allison

Decent acting and some alright cinematography but nothing really grabbed me beyond that. I'd like to blame the limited scenery but I think it was sort of dull to begin with.

8. Cristiano's rating of the film Heaven Knows, Mr. Allison

Invecchiato malissimo, ma la scena finale vale(va) il costo del biglietto

9. Christopher Taylor's rating of the film Heaven Knows, Mr. Allison

This falls smack in the middle of my favorite decade of filmmaking and for all the reasons it is my favorite. 55 to 65 films have this keen ability to feel like the older movies, yet offer something modern and subtle. Mitchum is amazing and at times so incredibly human.

10. SALESK's rating of the film Heaven Knows, Mr. Allison

Superlative two-person drama with fine, engaging performances from Kerr & Mitchum (Mitch, especially). Huston's treatment of the Japanese soldiers as average enlisted men is smartly measured.

11. Roscoe's rating of the film Heaven Knows, Mr. Allison

Kerr and Mitchum are a joy to watch together.