1. Cartaphilus's rating of the film Heaven Knows What

2. gaussian's rating of the film Heaven Knows What

addiction is not a good time

3. Cosi's rating of the film Heaven Knows What

4. Michael Zyx MH Claes's rating of the film Heaven Knows What

Stories of young people who who squat, take drugs, scarify or cut their veins do connect you? Here's a movie for you. === Les histoires de jeunes qui squattent, se droguent, se scarifient ou se coupent les veines vous branchent ? Voici un film pour vous.

5. Mario Tomchev's rating of the film Heaven Knows What

6. Raluca Popescu's rating of the film Heaven Knows What

7. Giles J Davis's rating of the film Heaven Knows What

The Safdie brothers make great exploitation cinema. We've seen this kind of movie before, as far back as Christiane F & as recent as Catch Me Daddy. The over stylistic approach (be it shallow focus camera work, 90s typeface or trance music that no one ever listened to sincerely) just panders to ID magazine & post capitalist NYC. This film is ugly, it glorifies addiction yet looks down it's nose at the downtrodden. D-

8. caddie's rating of the film Heaven Knows What

A disturbingly beautiful, true to life story about obsession that makes you realise that the nature of all addictions is the same. Is it drugs or is it love ? What's the difference anyway ? Because true love and full devotion can be deadly poisonous.

9. Victor Morosoff's rating of the film Heaven Knows What

10. spasmolytic's rating of the film Heaven Knows What

Would've been five stars if the guy who worshiped the darkness didn't accidentally burn to death. First of all it looked very unrealistic. Secondly it is very unrealistic. Thirdly it discredited the whole idea behind cinema verite. Could've knocked it out of the park without that. It would have been as mature as any Haneke, Cassavetes, Dardenne's, et al.

11. Heather Andersen Ower's rating of the film Heaven Knows What

12. BernardoL's rating of the film Heaven Knows What

Realistic portrayal of a group of junkies and some of their daily experiences from an extremely detached and voyeuristic perspective. Great performances all around and one of the trippiest soundtracks I have heard in a long time. The fact that the script is based off the main actress's unpublished memoir makes the whole thing even more intriguing.

13. Yugosalvia Plath's rating of the film Heaven Knows What

14. LauraPalmer's rating of the film Heaven Knows What

15. Jason Av's rating of the film Heaven Knows What

16. The Macho King's rating of the film Heaven Knows What

From stumbling across the trailer i thought it had potential and looked interesting,after watching it i was wrong for the most part.It does have its moments but those moments are few and fleeting.It just doesn't holdup cohesively and overall my viewing experience with it just felt so shallow that it left me cold.See it strives to be a certain type of film but it just can't achieve it in any meaningful/memorable way.

17. Konrad Szlendak's rating of the film Heaven Knows What

I actually didn't expect that much from this movie. I was really taking we'll see approach here, so I was pleasantly surprised. It's pretty much "Faces" meets "Panic in the Needle Park", but it's coherent, vivid and is carried by the right rhythm. I loved the writing, the cast, and the soundtrack.

18. Elephants_Gerald's rating of the film Heaven Knows What

It makes me sad that ANIMALS came out in the same year and repped the Chicago film scene with a poignant tale of junkie-ism – and then this pops up, so unsentimental & non-didactic, making ANIMALS look like a TV movie. The actress, whose life this is based on, is extraordinary, and the ending is understated. Of course, this movie was only made because the director found a beautiful white junkie. But oh well.

19. HKFanatic's rating of the film Heaven Knows What

Several scenes in "Heaven Knows What" achieve a kind of street level poetry, as when a young drug dealer on the sidewalk spins a tall tale to pioneering electronic musician Isao Tomita's synthesizer cover of "Clair de Lune." Admittedly, there are moments when it feels like the bubbling electronic score was only included so this resolutely bleak film would have at least one commercial element.

20. -REM-'s rating of the film Heaven Knows What

21. El Biffo's rating of the film Heaven Knows What

Nice junkie love story: they steal stuff, they get high, they fight, they make love, etc. These guys are so cool and have all kinds of adventures. All I can do is watch films and think about how my life could be so cool like theirs.

22. Luis Pires's rating of the film Heaven Knows What

23. Anthony Kane's rating of the film Heaven Knows What

No amount of formal inventiveness can save this film from its characters and the plot. Follows most of the same plot points of every other junkie movie you've ever seen. Here the characters are even less likable than could be imagined. Dialogue consists almost entirely of characters arguing with each other at the top of their lungs. It makes it impossible to find any empathy for any of the characters.

24. dave gunn's rating of the film Heaven Knows What

While in many ways just another hopeless tale of addiction, the Safdie brothers' voyeuristic camerawork, cold colors, and lush electronic score create something a little more special. The slow and brutal portrayal of cyclical codependency and self-destruction is sickeningly real.