1. Harriehhh's rating of the film Heavenly Creatures

Truly credit to Jackson's talent as a filmmaker, Heavenly Creatures is a gorgeous, empathetic and considered film, brimming with passionate and disturbing currents. The contrast between the safety and innocence of Pauline and Juliet's fantasy world and the reality of their situation, where they lack control and face prejudice, is blended beautifully to portray the intoxicating nature of their relationship and crime.

2. Paolo Simeone's rating of the film Heavenly Creatures

The innocent days of bricks and blood.

3. petit astronaute's rating of the film Heavenly Creatures

4. Fabio Osvaldo Carta's rating of the film Heavenly Creatures

5. Ann Burden's rating of the film Heavenly Creatures

6. tyb's rating of the film Heavenly Creatures

A bit too over the top, especially Winslet's acting seems too parody-like. Also could benefit from a shorter run time, although I did watch the uncut version, so perhaps the original cut is better.

7. ceciliasobral's rating of the film Heavenly Creatures

8. taniaburrito's rating of the film Heavenly Creatures

9. Superfrog's rating of the film Heavenly Creatures

I want to like this, and I am open to Jackson's style but the meandering was too much for me in this one. Not a bid one but approach this one relaxed knowing you are taken for a ride.

10. Levi Miah's rating of the film Heavenly Creatures

Great visual flare in this, as well as an eclectic mix of genre-altering visuals that are masterfully tied together throughout the whole film. Lynskey and Winslet do a wonderful job with a gradual descent into madness and they both take it full force in the last 20-30 minutes. Text exposition ending was pure lazy though.

11. Penelope q's rating of the film Heavenly Creatures

12. Paul Prt's rating of the film Heavenly Creatures

Interesting story. The film could have been better.

13. Sarah Pietsch's rating of the film Heavenly Creatures

Good film. 3.5. Atmospheric, at times exuberant, at times brooding. An interesting mixture of intensity and lightness of touch. I've seen it before, a long time ago, it was well worth a second viewing.

14. Ayesha Casely-Hayford's rating of the film Heavenly Creatures

"I have never seen anything in a worst category of hideousness, but I adore him" - Orsen Welles... just love those bits, cracks me up every time. An all time best film. Perfectly executed.

15. Leigh Collins's rating of the film Heavenly Creatures

Intriguing and well-made story that really makes you root for the two girls... right up until they take things too far. I was also fascinated to find out that Kate Winslet's character is now a best-selling author in real life.

16. Trickstian Shantih's rating of the film Heavenly Creatures

Disturbing. But perceptive. Artistic, and beautifully filmed. The exotic village air of a New Zealand fantasy... The democratic connection between social class...The English escape to NZ...The genuine of ordinary local...The burden of the gifted individual...The now, the fear, the circularity, the insurmontable. Young. Girlish. Green. Literary. In mental illness and maelstrom emotions. Gollum, Gollum!

17. Anton Panettiere's rating of the film Heavenly Creatures

Peter Jackson's best film by far. Nothing comes close though his early splatter films are also wonderful.

18. bmelis's rating of the film Heavenly Creatures

19. emanuela's rating of the film Heavenly Creatures

two girls running around, and screaming made me bored for the first 44 minutes. Kate seems she was drunk lol Nice the visual effects ,a little macabre.

20. Joel's rating of the film Heavenly Creatures

Strange and fascinating. Well in line with other films like Picnic at Hanging Rock. I enjoyed it's coy play with fantasy and the way in which it engrossed you in the characters world. A dark fantasy indeed.

21. zohen lux's rating of the film Heavenly Creatures

GIRLS BEING PSYCHO TOGETHER!!! LOVE IT!!!

22. Elaine Bautista's rating of the film Heavenly Creatures

23. Arf's rating of the film Heavenly Creatures

24. Henrique Amud's rating of the film Heavenly Creatures

Deliriously brutal true murder story, two rough gems ready to shine in Winslet and Linskey, plus a young Peter Jackson on top of his game. Damn.

← Previous 1 3 4