1. PeterK94's rating of the film Heavy Metal

Heavy Metal’s age shows at times and the story barely exists but the amount of style that drips from everything stops its flaws from intruding on my enjoyment of the overall film.

2. runfromfire's rating of the film Heavy Metal

When I first saw this 20-odd years ago it was some weird, subversive revelation-type shit. (Granted, I was 11 or 12.) But rewatching it today as a jaded, desensitized 34 year-old? It's, uh, kinda terrible.

3. Louis Léonard's rating of the film Heavy Metal

4. Moses Lumpkin's rating of the film Heavy Metal

5. John Matrix's rating of the film Heavy Metal

Brightly-colored, weird, hilarious, filled with male sexual fantasy, emphatically 80s, and tons of fun. HEAVY METAL ambitiously combines several different genres, art styles, and tones to create a wonderfully imperfect film. It's exciting spectacle with a layer of adolescent philosophy frosting on top ("Evil is bad and good will always win, uh...in our hearts or something! Hooray!"). Also the soundtrack is magic \m/

6. Neide Ramos's rating of the film Heavy Metal

I had in mind a 4/5, but the soundtrack is well deserving of a full star, how can you even say no to Black Sabbath. After this anthology, I'll definitely have to get some Heavy Metal magazines for the collection, all of the artwork is just too unreal. Some of the animations/scenarios on the film are unbelievable, others are just extremely shitty, which makes all of it even better. Badass all the way through.

7. f-nanda's rating of the film Heavy Metal

8. Rocco's rating of the film Heavy Metal

The kind of movie that you sort of hate while you're watching it but it takes up space in your head and won't leave and starts to convince you that maybe your first impression was wrong... I kind of love the shit out of the grubby animation though.

9. yasdnil's rating of the film Heavy Metal

I don't know if I'm nerdy enough or enjoy boobs enough to get any of this.

10. Log Lady's rating of the film Heavy Metal

I tried so hard to get into the mindset of a 12-year-old boy, but I failed.

11. Tiago Gonçalves's rating of the film Heavy Metal

Too much testosterone. My chest got hairier.

12. hahamalcolmhaha's rating of the film Heavy Metal

This was a gonzo trip through a mystical, wild, action packed, and even funny reality. Psychedelic visuals, rockin' soundtrack, and over-the-top story makes this one of my favorite animated movies yet.

13. Golden Tarot's rating of the film Heavy Metal

An absolute masterwork of animation, adopting such a unique and acid-drenched animation style really brings these vignettes to life. The viewer is thrust into a universe, put at the whim of the Loc-Nar, and thrust into a series of newer universes, each one a little more violent, a little more psychedelic, a little more sexual, and a little more like the most amazing thing you've ever dreamed.

14. Polyglot's rating of the film Heavy Metal

The reporter in "So Beautiful and So Dangerous" segment looks like Christina Hendricks.

15. Scorpio Velvet's rating of the film Heavy Metal

16. REH1101's rating of the film Heavy Metal

Favorite movie when I was 6.

17. Dzimas's rating of the film Heavy Metal

It was pretty cool as I remember it, with fun animated takes on a number of "Heavy Metal" themes, including Blue Oyster Cult's Veterans of a 1000 Psychic Wars, although it was based more on the comic books of the time.

18. MostlyDead's rating of the film Heavy Metal

Ralph Bakshi would be so proud.

19. Gretchen's rating of the film Heavy Metal