1. Aaken's rating of the film Hedgehog in the Fog

My childhood was marked by this Norshteyn's beautifully poetic short. Japanese anime was then all the rage, Disney's films were dominating the market, but this beautiful poetic miniature was an invitation to a different world, an invitation that I gladly accepted and that little hedgehog stil is with me.

2. Dan Kenneth Gigernes's rating of the film Hedgehog in the Fog

Excellent Russian animation short full of symbolism and madness. Unique style that will scare any child that have only grown up on colorful Disney films.

3. Teona Gal's rating of the film Hedgehog in the Fog

4. Irina Artenii's rating of the film Hedgehog in the Fog

5. F/K's rating of the film Hedgehog in the Fog

Something about this little animated film drew me in, it's got that kind of hypnotic and mesmerizing quality about it. Need to check out more of Norshteyn's work.

6. Richard Tines's rating of the film Hedgehog in the Fog

An achingly lovely little fable, about an innocent, but not so simple (experientelly) voyage, this has whet my appetite for other classic gems of animation from around the world...Charming!!

7. pluviosity's rating of the film Hedgehog in the Fog

the most beautifully calming illustration I ever watched since Haibane Renmei.

8. MisterColo93's rating of the film Hedgehog in the Fog

9. SiIencio's rating of the film Hedgehog in the Fog

A child's tale like no other, meandering through dream-like territories following an existential quest. The innocent allure of the hedgehog fascinates while his daring curiosity brings an element of heroism to the forefront. Visually it preserves an aura of authenticity and unconventionality. It is perhaps its indefiniton through parts what makes it somehow dull despite its transgressive nature.

10. emanuela's rating of the film Hedgehog in the Fog

11. smndvdcl's rating of the film Hedgehog in the Fog

The illustration of fog for a 70s animator is exceptional, the adaptation of a children's tale is sublime and the ambiguity of its narrative features intrigue. However, it is arguably overrated. I would not rate 'Hedgehog In The Fog' as one of the greatest films of all time even though there is much of merit. As a source of inspiration, there is much to pinpoint, if not an unequivocal masterpiece.

12. AdrianM.'s rating of the film Hedgehog in the Fog

13. f-nanda's rating of the film Hedgehog in the Fog

14. Bernardo Diniz's rating of the film Hedgehog in the Fog

We are afraid of going outside our "bubble", we don't want to leave our safety zone but once we do it's an adventure, and it's what makes our greatest memories

15. Mr. Marston's rating of the film Hedgehog in the Fog

16. Duncan Gray's rating of the film Hedgehog in the Fog

I sought this one out after running the numbers and finding out that it's one of the highest rated films here on MUBI. Not sure I quite agree with that status, but it's a lovely, bewitching 11 minutes that is understandably a landmark of arthouse animation, showing the world as a confusing, scary, and possibly benevolent place. Just the way it looks when you're a kid.

17. elif jazel's rating of the film Hedgehog in the Fog

you can find everything in this story: fears and hopes, wanderings, curiosity, bravery, loneliness, friendship..

18. EdieEmm's rating of the film Hedgehog in the Fog

Liminal. Entrancing. Voted #1 Animated Film of All Time.

19. João Portalegre's rating of the film Hedgehog in the Fog

20. Zac Weber's rating of the film Hedgehog in the Fog

This mesmerizing short film was really ahead of its time. Yuriy Norshteyn's intricate craftsmanship adds a remarkable amount of depth to the minimalist animation and the hazy images carry an effervescent sense of harmony.

21. Malt Frisky's rating of the film Hedgehog in the Fog

I could see this getting played at Christmas. It seems to have similar animation and a dreamlike quality to The Snowman. It's basically about a hedgehog who visits his mate and gets sidetracked, that's it! 10 minutes well spent though it will stay with you longer than you think.

22. Paula Toni's rating of the film Hedgehog in the Fog

I think peculiar how, although its beautiful pictures doesn't tell a gloomy history, the atmosphere can be so much melancholic.

23. muh.'s rating of the film Hedgehog in the Fog

i've no idea what exactly happens here but i love it.

24. Jorge Morello's rating of the film Hedgehog in the Fog

Eeriest thing I've ever scene.