1. SiIencio's rating of the film Hedgehog in the Fog

A child's tale like no other, meandering through dream-like territories following an existential quest. The innocent allure of the hedgehog fascinates while his daring curiosity brings an element of heroism to the forefront. Visually it preserves an aura of authenticity and unconventionality. It is perhaps its indefiniton through parts what makes it somehow dull despite its transgressive nature.

2. emanuela's rating of the film Hedgehog in the Fog

3. smndvdcl's rating of the film Hedgehog in the Fog

The illustration of fog for a 70s animator is exceptional, the adaptation of a children's tale is sublime and the ambiguity of its narrative features intrigue. However, it is arguably overrated. I would not rate 'Hedgehog In The Fog' as one of the greatest films of all time even though there is much of merit. As a source of inspiration, there is much to pinpoint, if not an unequivocal masterpiece.

4. AdrianM.'s rating of the film Hedgehog in the Fog

5. f-nanda's rating of the film Hedgehog in the Fog

6. Jim Fear's rating of the film Hedgehog in the Fog

We are afraid of going outside our "bubble", we don't want to leave our safety zone but once we do it's an adventure, and it's what makes our greatest memories

7. Mr. Marston's rating of the film Hedgehog in the Fog

8. Duncan Gray's rating of the film Hedgehog in the Fog

I sought this one out after running the numbers and finding out that it's one of the highest rated films here on MUBI. Not sure I quite agree with that status, but it's a lovely, bewitching 11 minutes that is understandably a landmark of arthouse animation, showing the world as a confusing, scary, and possibly benevolent place. Just the way it looks when you're a kid.

9. elif jazel's rating of the film Hedgehog in the Fog

you can find everything in this story: fears and hopes, wanderings, curiosity, bravery, loneliness, friendship..

10. EdieEmm's rating of the film Hedgehog in the Fog

Liminal. Entrancing. Voted #1 Animated Film of All Time.

11. João Portalegre's rating of the film Hedgehog in the Fog

12. Zac Weber's rating of the film Hedgehog in the Fog

This mesmerizing short film was really ahead of its time. Yuriy Norshteyn's intricate craftsmanship adds a remarkable amount of depth to the minimalist animation and the hazy images carry an effervescent sense of harmony.

13. Malt Frisky's rating of the film Hedgehog in the Fog

I could see this getting played at Christmas. It seems to have similar animation and a dreamlike quality to The Snowman. It's basically about a hedgehog who visits his mate and gets sidetracked, that's it! 10 minutes well spent though it will stay with you longer than you think.

14. Paula Toni's rating of the film Hedgehog in the Fog

I think peculiar how, although its beautiful pictures doesn't tell a gloomy history, the atmosphere can be so much melancholic.

15. muh.'s rating of the film Hedgehog in the Fog

i've no idea what exactly happens here but i love it.

16. Jorge Morello's rating of the film Hedgehog in the Fog

Eeriest thing I've ever scene.

17. Gonçalo Rosas's rating of the film Hedgehog in the Fog

9 - 40 years old and still pretty as a picture, "Hedgehog in the Fog" fully earns, and in many ways defines, the often overused plaudit of "timeless animation". There is an artisanal magic here (in image and sound) that complements the film's storybook atmosphere tremendously, resulting in a rich fable that amounts to far more than the sum of its parts. Only nitpick I have is that it's over before you know it..

18. Hani's rating of the film Hedgehog in the Fog

19. goulton green's rating of the film Hedgehog in the Fog

One of the finest soul purgatory one can get. Enrapturing and elating experience.

20. Giannis P.'s rating of the film Hedgehog in the Fog

Intense and claustrophobic. The animation feels incredibly contemporary in some parts - remarkable for a forty year old film.

21. Videograms's rating of the film Hedgehog in the Fog

Quite possibly my all time favorite movie

22. Girl Hell's rating of the film Hedgehog in the Fog

beautiful animation and very cute!

23. Kasun Surindu's rating of the film Hedgehog in the Fog