1. Blue Roses's rating of the film Helen

2. Andrew Miller's rating of the film Helen

Didn't work for me-- the scenario seemed theoretical and academic.

3. Daniel Hjorth's rating of the film Helen

4. mezcolanza's rating of the film Helen

No me gustó, al empezar parecía interesante, tiene bonitas imágenes, pero la historia en sí deja bastante que desear.

5. Mariam Khanji's rating of the film Helen

I've never watched a film that I can actually notice each single shot and each word said. Dialog and acting are just so horrible. Honestly I always watch the films no matter what because I do get something out of it in the end, but I just couldn't stand this one.

6. TimMo's rating of the film Helen

There is some good in this film. Some effort, but the constraints of the budget are very clear. Although Annie Townsend as Helen is haunting and shows flashes of moody excellence that could be compared to Samatha Morton in Morvern Callar, she is let down by the rest of the cast, who seem very inexperienced. The dialogue is forced. Ultimately, this feels like it should have been a short film.

7. Henrique Amud's rating of the film Helen

It sure does show some cliches of a debut feature with amateur actors, but it also has a great premise, a perfect eerie soundtrack coupled with an effective and evocative cinematography, plus some strange, but really compelling acting and pacing. What a good little film, like a cross between Sofia Coppola and Gus Van Sant.

8. Steve G.'s rating of the film Helen

A very, very poor film indeed. The central concept is an interesting one and there was an opportunity to say something interesting about children in care. But abysmal acting and some of the worst dialogue I've ever heard coupled with the directors' insistence on endless incredibly slow tracking shots of precisely nothing make this one of the worst films I've seen in years.

9. janh24's rating of the film Helen

Some interesting cinematography, but ideas feel a little undeveloped.

10. Benji's rating of the film Helen

This film is atrocious. Horrible. bad. The actors are so wooden as to defy belief, I could almost hear the poorly written script. I wanted to bang my head against the wall as this progressed to stop the terrible. Plodding. Awkward. I've read a bit of background (local actors etc) and I don't care. A film is a film that stands alone. This gave me heartburn.

11. Dennis Morgan's rating of the film Helen

As debut films go this is an amazing piece of work. It certainly won't be everyone's cup of tea but anyone who loves cinema should find something to love about its style, symbolism, and expression. The themes of loss and identity were presented in a profound way, and a nod in directing style to some of the greats did not go unnoticed.

12. Sin título.'s rating of the film Helen

Somos aquellos como los que nos comportamos, o al menos eso parecemos ser cuando nuestros anhelos se confunden con la ansiedad anodina que genera nuestra vida en determinados momentos de nuestra existencia, todo lo anterior se puede encontrar en este film acompañado de una sutil reminiscencia de música Drone.

13. Beatrice's rating of the film Helen

Eerie, subtle and strangely compelling.

14. Clare Fillingham's rating of the film Helen

Slow paced and a thought provoking film about identity. I found myself wanting the idea to be explored further. What would have happened if Joy had come back?