1. Jonathan C.'s rating of the film Hell and Back Again

It looked great, and the embed footage is surprisingly cinematic. Definitely a great technical accomplishment, but I think it deserves a better story (not to reduce the main character's story or struggle). I would have kept at it and tried to include more compelling characters.

2. Steve's rating of the film Hell and Back Again

Great film but...wow, there was one scene that I wish that I had never seen

3. Matthew_Lucas's rating of the film Hell and Back Again

Director Danfung Dennis goes from the front lines to the home front in this startling documentary about a wounded Afghanistan vet suffering from PTSD. Dennis juxtaposes his experiences on the battlefield with his increasing stress at home, creating a poignant and disturbing portrait of psychological duress under extreme pressure.

4. Edward Copeland's rating of the film Hell and Back Again

Using modified equipment, this documentary gets closeup footage of fighting in Afghanistan but what sets this documentary apart is its innovative style since it also follows one Marine home, carrying the physical and psychological wounds of service with him. http://eddieonfilm.blogspot.com/2012/02/hell-and-back-again.html

5. LifeofFiction's rating of the film Hell and Back Again

The most cinematic, and as such, the most confronting 2011 documentary I've seen.