1. FISCHER's rating of the film Hell in the Pacific

Cent deux minutes en duo, c'est peut-être un tantinet un peu long, malgré l'étonnante performance des acteurs fortement investis dans leurs rôles respectifs... www.cinefiches.com

2. Thomas's rating of the film Hell in the Pacific

A muscular battle of wills, anti-war parable and an illustration of how co-dependancy must prevail in order for survival in punishing conditions and extreme situations. Gripping, brash and ruggedly masculine, it (mostly silently) conveys perfectly their frustrations, reluctant gradual tolerance and eventual acceptance.

3. Tigrão's rating of the film Hell in the Pacific

Nevermind the ending, this film is truly memorable. Mifune and Marvin are equally amazing, and Boorman/Hall show us a lesson in direction and framing. Fantastic.

4. AKFilmFan's rating of the film Hell in the Pacific

With minimal dialogue to show the frustrations of the characters and standout performances by its two (and only) leads, this is a gripping story only let down by a producer-forced ending that isn't as good as the alternate one.

5. pjjrfan's rating of the film Hell in the Pacific

I was just facinated by the this movie, and already a big Lee Marvin fan I discovered Mifune and eventually because of him I took a chance on a foreign movie called Seven Samurai.

6. Th MZA's rating of the film Hell in the Pacific

Mifune's got superior Japanese engineering, but Marvin's got tenacity & Yankee shamelessness, in this weird war of attrition 'tween two avatars of rugged manhood. They whale on each other, tie each other up, fail to build homoerotic tension, live in the moment -- presexual, preverbal, cut off from duty, emotionally transparent, like toddlers. The suspense is wondering if & when & how hard the adult world will hit.

7. PARIS MTN SCOUT's rating of the film Hell in the Pacific

Boorman's original ending (provided on all current editions) redeems what had been one of these least satisfying endings in all of American cinema.

8. Brian O'blivion's rating of the film Hell in the Pacific

Hopefully I'll see this someday with the proper non-studio ending.

9. Erik Villasenor's rating of the film Hell in the Pacific

Really enjoyed this, great anti-war film.