1. pirri's rating of the film Hellbound: Hellraiser II

2. the_mentaculus's rating of the film Hellbound: Hellraiser II

If the original Hellraiser was a family chamber drama, Hellbound is a goopy, goofy, gory fairy tale - bigger in scope but still on point. The last third of the film clearly does not live up to its visual ambitions. But in a way, it adds to aesthetic (matte work!!) - and they didn't skimp on the gore effects. The theology and symbolism is shockingly correct. A worthy sequel to a classic horror.

3. Luca Soldati's rating of the film Hellbound: Hellraiser II

Sceneggiatura di livello che fa proseguire in maniera intelligente la saga. Le ambientazioni sono veramente belle e artisticamente ispirate. L'atmosfera creata è molto buona e l'arrivo dei Cenobiti è splendido. Prende molto dal primo episodio, senza esagerare, creando invece continuità fra i due. Personaggi sono molto interessanti e non fini a se stessi. Interessante approfondimento sulla natura dei Cenobiti.

4. Linda Wittgenstein's rating of the film Hellbound: Hellraiser II

5. Morris Bros.'s rating of the film Hellbound: Hellraiser II

6. João R's rating of the film Hellbound: Hellraiser II

I could say that, to a certain degree (especially by the first part), it managed to be some kind of a worthy sequel. A shame that the story relied a little too much on coincidences and the final sequence seemed rushed.

7. Gonçalo Rosas's rating of the film Hellbound: Hellraiser II

3 - Perfect depiction of a horror sequel; more gore, less sense and a buttload of camp. This is one of the best unintentional comedies I've seen in a while.

8. msmichel's rating of the film Hellbound: Hellraiser II

Sequel ups the ante on gore but not on fright losing itself in its own labyrinth of surrealism and plot holes. Mind you its the best sequel of the long running series. Higgins is somewhat wasted this time around as the self proclaimed 'queen of hell' and Laurence truly shows her limitations as an actress. Best in show is Kenneth Cranham as the villainous doctor. Never boring but not a worthy successor.

9. Comadozer's rating of the film Hellbound: Hellraiser II

10. Dogukan4Ever's rating of the film Hellbound: Hellraiser II

11. Siaudebert's rating of the film Hellbound: Hellraiser II

12. dominique s.'s rating of the film Hellbound: Hellraiser II

13. IV NEVER BEEN TO A RODEO's rating of the film Hellbound: Hellraiser II

1988 - wish the ending to be a pan out of another portal, finding out this is all going on in Keith Richards stomach.

14. Fabio Nosotti's rating of the film Hellbound: Hellraiser II

15. sacajawèale's rating of the film Hellbound: Hellraiser II

Many WTF moments that turn out to be mistaken, in a general big amount of script errors and subtleties, mainly in the climax part. By the way the insanity and the references of the first chapter will help you get to the end. A disputable 6.

16. Rattzz Matanzano's rating of the film Hellbound: Hellraiser II

All is good minus the corny flashback intro.

17. dave gunn's rating of the film Hellbound: Hellraiser II

They made a lot of ridiculous story choices in this that simply did not work, the male acting in this is hilariously over-the-top, and it certainly is nothing compared to the first, but it still delivered a fun viewing experience full of surreal, creepy, unnerving scenes of pure horror.

18. dschank's rating of the film Hellbound: Hellraiser II

sillier than the first installment, but there's something about this late eighties, cheap-o-psychedelia depiction of hell that really does it for me aesthetically. also, the degree to which these movies are explicitly fetishy in ways that weren't apparent when i watched them as a hormonal 13-year-old metalhead is a source of endless, narcissistic fascination for me currently.

19. Golden Tarot's rating of the film Hellbound: Hellraiser II

Doesn't really hold up to the first as well but definitely has some very surreal imagery. That's all it really has though, as it tries it's best to ride on throwback and cameo's of the first film. A fun watch but probably not something you'll revisit unlike the first Hellraiser. I really like the whole tie in to egyptian mythology and the 4th dimension. Exploring this would have been the proper idea for the story.

20. Mark Garrett's rating of the film Hellbound: Hellraiser II

I made it a point to try and go through every single 80's horror series. I braved the Nightmare on Elm Streets, endless, exponentially increasing in badness Friday the 13th's, ridiculous and desperate Halloween's, but after seeing Hellbound: Hellraiser II, I knew I could not continue with this series.

21. Jason Callen's rating of the film Hellbound: Hellraiser II

It wastes a lot of time rehashing the first film and showing people doing some pretty idiotic things. However, once we actually get to hell, it's production design and makeup effects are just surreal enough to keep it interesting. Some really cool mat paintings were the highlight for me.

22. PolarisDiB's rating of the film Hellbound: Hellraiser II

Like Halloween 2 in that it starts right where the previous let off, but it has a lot less consistency or direction. Most of the movie is an exercise in, “Hey isn’t this shocking, gross, crazy, and weird? Cool! Now let’s do something else for a while." What I do like is that Pinhead hasn't yet really been that bad of a guy, in fact he's a real gentleman to Kirsten's needs. --PolarisDiB

23. goeienag's rating of the film Hellbound: Hellraiser II

Not as great as the first one, but it delivered those lovable eighties special effects, histrionic dialogue, and blood blood blood! :D I'm a sucker for insane gore, and will always love the cenobites and how they are made. Also, the film is so ridiculous that you can't go into without expecting it to be cheesy, and once I brushed that aside, it still creeped me out. LOVE this sequel.

24. Mathias Palmberg's rating of the film Hellbound: Hellraiser II

A very good sequel that both builds and expands on the things from the first movie. Sure, some things don´t make a whole lot of sense but there is a drive and urgency to the story and the narrative never gets boring. The acting is solid througout and the gore is very graphic and visceral. It´s a shame that the series went to shit after this one.