1. anadyomene's rating of the film Hellboy II: The Golden Army

I wanted to give the first installment an equal love, but this one wins. Prince Nuada Silverlance left a very deep impression, along with the other creatures, especially The Angel of Death's with its morbid beauty. The third movie most likely won't happen thus I'll wait for 'The Shape of Water' instead.

2. Cody Hoskins's rating of the film Hellboy II: The Golden Army

More eye-catching visuals than the previous film and brings glimmers of similarities to older fantasies like The Dark Crystal and Hellraiser. The amount of effects and the monsters however become too abundant and overwhelming to find anything interesting in its characters and storyline that are generally cartoonish, not to mention Selma Blair has the blandest and hollow range of emotion that I have ever seen.

3. BernardoDiniz's rating of the film Hellboy II: The Golden Army

suck my ectoplasmic schwanzstucker

4. hexhunk's rating of the film Hellboy II: The Golden Army

More a film to look at than to listen to, the incredible, memorable design here alludes to Brom and Zdzisław Beksiński, among others. Less beholden to Mignola's visuals than the first one, the sequel to Hellboy is stronger for the departure.

5. samba direito's rating of the film Hellboy II: The Golden Army

6. Robert H. Stevens's rating of the film Hellboy II: The Golden Army

If I hadn't revisited this one years later, I'd have given it five stars based on memory. The creature effects to appear a bit cheesy with age. The rare sequel that outshines its predecessor.

7. Nachtreich's rating of the film Hellboy II: The Golden Army

8. ramasantputra's rating of the film Hellboy II: The Golden Army

You know I can't smile without you

9. Ameille's rating of the film Hellboy II: The Golden Army

10. †. Kennedy Pope's rating of the film Hellboy II: The Golden Army

Guillermo Del Toro has one of the most unique and distinctive visual styles in the world of fantasy. The physical portrayal of Death is one of the most badass depictions I've ever seen; but to have "The Golden Army" in the title would suggest to me that the aforementioned army would be active for longer than 4 minutes in a 2 hour movie. In that respect the story is kind of disappointing and the subplots are just okay

11. Dogukan4Ever's rating of the film Hellboy II: The Golden Army

12. Jon Brooks's rating of the film Hellboy II: The Golden Army

13. Christian Reguitti's rating of the film Hellboy II: The Golden Army

Might have even been better than the first!

14. film_lies101's rating of the film Hellboy II: The Golden Army

Hellboy 2.0, which was fine by me

15. anarresti's rating of the film Hellboy II: The Golden Army

Nice second instalment. Visually, the creatures seem influenced by Del Toro's Pan's Labyrinth, released two years earlier, (and two years after the first Hellboy). And it's good to see that with the second film there was actually some improvement and (bold) exploration done. Instead of what sometimes happens in these cases - the infusion of brainless action, trying to exploit the first movie, without adding.to it.

16. Rattzz Matanzano's rating of the film Hellboy II: The Golden Army

17. AKFilmFan's rating of the film Hellboy II: The Golden Army

It looks like Pan's Labyrinth has given this film a needed boost in quality, as it also deals w/ mythical creatures & fantastic images to accompany its comic book baseline. With a bigger budget, better humor, & a story grounded in ancient stories rather than comic book Nazis, this superior sequel is a visual feast & impressively acted by the majority of the cast. That troll market is marvelous...

18. mjgildea's rating of the film Hellboy II: The Golden Army

3 1/2 out of 5 stars. I used to like The Golden Army more than the original Hellboy. The creature design alone is superior and breath-taking, as is a promising set-up for a 3rd Hellboy. Unfortunately the dull subplots and that horrifically embarrassing Barry Manilow scene keep it from truly excelling.

19. Clayton Wong's rating of the film Hellboy II: The Golden Army

20. Siavash Aliparast's rating of the film Hellboy II: The Golden Army

Of course it has great cinematography and special effects, but the best thing about it is that we believe these bizarre creatures as real characters and care for their agonies and their inner conflicts, as these characters play a morally complex and reach drama before our eyes we can't help but be deeply touched.

21. J. O.'s rating of the film Hellboy II: The Golden Army

Great monster design and costumes, slick cinematography, and an overall wonderfully imaginative world from Guillermo (nothing less was expected). These films redefine the superhero/comic book film, and it's about damn time. It's a shame I waited four years to get around to seeing this, but it was worth the wait - fantastic entertainment.

22. Trevor Tillman's rating of the film Hellboy II: The Golden Army

This is the superhero of movie of 2008 that actually subverts the genre. Del Toro deliberately sets Hellboy up as the defender of mundane things--bureaucrats, shoppers and strip malls and so forth. Hellboy's pitted against an ancient fantastical creature, and the audience cheers when Hellboy kills it. I also love the use of art direction to subliminally tell the story of Liz Sherman concealing her pregnancy.

23. Laura Hilton-Smith's rating of the film Hellboy II: The Golden Army

No.20 - A good sequel but not quite as good as the first unfortunately.

24. Algitya's rating of the film Hellboy II: The Golden Army

We Demand more realm-exploring Del ! ..