1. Catarina C Gomes's rating of the film Hello, My Name Is Doris

2. †. Kennedy Pope's rating of the film Hello, My Name Is Doris

Sally Field is a pop of socially awkward color in a film filled with boring gray characters. She alone makes the movie interesting; but even her character can't sustain interest for the full 90 minutes.

3. Achromia's rating of the film Hello, My Name Is Doris

So adorable and full of personality. Visually engaging and driven by a power lead performance.

4. fearraigh's rating of the film Hello, My Name Is Doris

It's potentially promising but it all gets smothered in the usual tropes of light contemporary comedy. Field is largely wasted and only Tyne Daly brings any real life to the thing. For a film about ageing, it has depressingly little of substance to say about the subject.

5. Rafael Zen's rating of the film Hello, My Name Is Doris

Sally Field brings so much emotional layers that's impossible not to fall in love with her. As a hipster comedy about an old lady that goes into the ElectroPop world of her indie art director work buddie this works beautifuly. Is it innovative? Nope. But it's filled with warmth and soul. Nice meeting you, Doris.

6. Justwibi's rating of the film Hello, My Name Is Doris

Sally Field performance is quirky and light!

7. jessetaylor's rating of the film Hello, My Name Is Doris

By no means is this a groundbreaking film; its story is old hat, it never really pushes the boundaries, and it suffers from major predictability. That said, this is still the most charming little movie I've seen all year. Sally Field is a beacon of light and she made me feel so strongly for Doris that I was actually hurt when things go wrong for her.

8. Emily O's rating of the film Hello, My Name Is Doris

9. Aardsy's rating of the film Hello, My Name Is Doris

That was a bit much. Sally Field is great, though!

10. Leif Erikson's rating of the film Hello, My Name Is Doris

11. Disa's rating of the film Hello, My Name Is Doris

Sally Field is amazing!

12. greers's rating of the film Hello, My Name Is Doris

13. Cláudio Martins da Silva Alves's rating of the film Hello, My Name Is Doris

One of those films that owe their modest success to the work of an intelligent cast that generally manages to navigate the troubled waters of a problematic script. Field’s commitment to her character’s dignity is of particular brilliance and admiration, even amongst the most cringe worthy moments. The film peaks in one brilliantly acted sibling confrontation where the actors get a chance to really shine.

14. Cinema Omnivore's rating of the film Hello, My Name Is Doris

7.3/10, my review: http://wp.me/p1eXom-2yD

15. Diderot's rating of the film Hello, My Name Is Doris

It's charming, and it has the right ending, even if it's otherwise unimpressive. Sally Field and Max Greenfield are perfect in their roles, and they should've had a sex scene.

16. Joe Hackman's rating of the film Hello, My Name Is Doris

A delightfully fun story about a lonely old lady who accidentally becomes the belle of Williamsburg in pursuit of a much younger co-worker. Sally Field's performance is the centerpiece of the film, and she brings it all - physical comedy, difficult heartbreak, and quirky resolve.

17. filmcapsule's rating of the film Hello, My Name Is Doris

The trickiest part is pulling off a fully-realized character study: being empathetic without being too lenient; being sensitive without being too political. And Showalter largely pulls this off - Doris is presented as a real woman with real issues - but neither the character study nor the familiar indie romantic comedy tropes elevates the other.

18. James Mackin's rating of the film Hello, My Name Is Doris

19. lepetitjermey's rating of the film Hello, My Name Is Doris

motivational speakers and shitty life-affirming VHS are just not funny anymore

20. Carlos Filipe Freitas's rating of the film Hello, My Name Is Doris

It’s excused to say that Ms. Field is the one responsible for the relative success of the film.

21. A.B. II: The Return's rating of the film Hello, My Name Is Doris

While this film might have the emotional subtlety of a corny television program, it is a nice and enjoyable little comedy. What really elevates the film is Sally Fields' performance (the first awards-worthy performance I've seen this year). Even when the plot is at its most predictable, she somehow keeps your emotions completely invested in all that is happening, and your sympathy for her character never wavers.

22. smndvdcl's rating of the film Hello, My Name Is Doris

An adorable quirky comedy drama that is near-impossible not to gain the broadest smile whilst watching. Sally Field is a delight.

23. Samuel Donath's rating of the film Hello, My Name Is Doris

3.5 stars Very human. Sally Field (as always) is fantastic. As a film the structure is interesting. Playful. Introspective. Something we haven't seen before.

24. Ethan's rating of the film Hello, My Name Is Doris

This is a cute movie and a nice little quirky vehicle for the amazing Sally Field. Although this movie should have been called Hipsters Are Kind to Old People.