1. Sam Spione's rating of the film Hellraiser

Not nearly as intelligent or incredible as it's cult followers would have you believe, but still definitely worth a watch for the outstanding surrealist visuals, pretty solid camera work, and genuinely stressful scenes.

2. HKFanatic's rating of the film Hellraiser

Released the same year as "Nightmare on Elm Street 3" and "Prom Night II," Clive Barker's "Hellraiser" feels beamed in from another dimension compared to the standard slasher fare of the decade. Despite its low budget origins, "Hellraiser" registers as the product of an imagination that doesn't celebrate evil but has given a great deal of thought to the many ways it can manifest itself. What a phantasmagoria.

3. dvvca's rating of the film Hellraiser

4. ginobartolomi's rating of the film Hellraiser

the concept is fascinating, the wardrobe is fantastic- the acting is atrocious

5. Dan Kenneth Gigernes's rating of the film Hellraiser

One of the few original horror-fantasy movies that was cooked up during the 1980s in a time when most of what was released was inferior slasher movies. Beautifully filmed and with a solid cast, especially Ashley Laurence is a gorgeous scream queen that is hard to take my eyes off and the demon designs are fantastic. The film is also enormously brutal and leaves a mark on the soul after I have seen it.

6. Elephants Gerald's rating of the film Hellraiser

LITTLE SHOP OF HORRORS if it were more explicitly about kinky sex.

7. Naoya Kugimiya's rating of the film Hellraiser

8. Matthew Catanzano's rating of the film Hellraiser

Great adaptation of "The Hellbound Heart", though the sequel surpasses Barker's own vision. Some of the effects are outdated, it deserves a decent remake. Great acting from all parties, I think that and the makeup were its main strengths, and of course storytelling. I wish it were slower and did more of the stuff in the book about the man who first opened the box.

9. cyberia's rating of the film Hellraiser

10. corycorycorycory's rating of the film Hellraiser

11. Tibulle85's rating of the film Hellraiser

Qui ne connaît pas cette image iconique d'un être démoniaque à la tête couverte d'épines? Le film demeure intéressant à l'heure actuelle pour certains choix esthétiques tranchés (les écorchés et autres démons qui reviennent de l'enfer pour faire triompher la culture sado-maso!). Une certaine originalité dans les détails qui dissimule cependant le caractère affreusement conventionnel (et creux) de l'ensemble...

12. Terry_Moby's rating of the film Hellraiser

I watched this 30 years too late. It´s a hollow exercise in body horror, nothing more. Where is the cult factor? Where is the story? Wooden acting, no pace and mediocre camera work. I bet this was more exciting to watch in the 80´s when one was 16, the film was officially not available and the only copy to watch was a VHS bootleg, third generation... ooh .... Pinhead ....ooh...

13. Eric Eidelstein's rating of the film Hellraiser

I want to be a Cenobite so badly.

14. kartina obskura's rating of the film Hellraiser

the cinematography was beautiful, but the pace wasn't that great and i didn't like the story itself much. funny how steve reacted to demons from hell like he saw a few rats in an old house. the dragon ending was over the top but definitely had some nice trash value in it.

15. Stefano De Putti's rating of the film Hellraiser

Un barbone prende fuoco e diventa un drago fatto d'ossa che vola via. Mi sto sentendo scemo io a scriverlo, immagino chi l'abbia girato

16. dottor caligari's rating of the film Hellraiser

17. Christopher M. Jones's rating of the film Hellraiser

Nightmares can be awoken from; people must be endured.

18. Louis Léonard's rating of the film Hellraiser

19. EmiEmi's rating of the film Hellraiser

Beautiful. Intelligent. Pinhead.

20. FISCHER's rating of the film Hellraiser

Un renouveau dans le domaine du fantastique, des plus bienvenus ! www.cinefiches.com

21. the_mentaculus's rating of the film Hellraiser

One of the rare films that is gory and terrifying in equal measure. I think that's because as much thought went into the script (and subtext) as the practical effects. Unfortunately, both are forgotten during the absolutely unnecessary ending. It should have ended when "Jesus wept", which was brilliant.

22. VivianDarkbloom's rating of the film Hellraiser

23. Morris Bros.'s rating of the film Hellraiser

24. _cmb's rating of the film Hellraiser

2.5 i guess it's not so bad but meh - wasn't my thing. plot didn't seem interesting to me at all and i didn't really care about any of the characters tbh.

← Previous 1 3 4