1. Ilona Buffet's rating of the film Helvetica

Theses guys are so excited about the font that I too became excited. All praise Helvetica! not a great documentary though

2. Cichlisuite's rating of the film Helvetica

3.3 More interesting than you'd expect a film about a font to be (and I do like fonts).

3. Isabella Heron's rating of the film Helvetica

unfortunately i enjoyed 2 much

4. MIRZBOW's rating of the film Helvetica

hope there'd be a Comic Sans documentary as a sequel.

5. 9IIRL_arthaus's rating of the film Helvetica

life is too short for bad films.. ‪#‎feelgoodtype‬ ‪#‎design‬ ‪#‎documentary‬ ‪#‎lifein2hrs‬

6. Alina Sc's rating of the film Helvetica

I ended up watching this in my design class and I knew Helvetica is a very popular font, but it never occurred to me just HOW popular until I saw all those shots with streets covered in Helvetica. And it's not only about the font in itself, really. It's about the importance of fonts, the power of typography. I felt like an ignorant student after watching it, for never actually realizing how essential typography is.

7. film_lies101's rating of the film Helvetica

This was like a brochure for a design academy, I enjoyed it none the less.

8. mjgildea's rating of the film Helvetica

3 1/2 out of 5 stars. If I was a design geek I probably would've either loved or hated this documentary which admittedly is just about a type font -- a type font which is so ingrained into popular and modern culture. An interesting watch regardless.

9. BrianFromConcentrate's rating of the film Helvetica

Aside from the fact that El Ten Eleven did the soundtrack, I loved this documentary. Especially Mossimo V. I completely agree with his views on typefaces. If you like typrography/industrial design/graphic design then you need to see this.

10. rameil's rating of the film Helvetica

Interesting documentary. You begin to notice fonts used in public places much more after watching this film.

11. Andre Rehal's rating of the film Helvetica

A little dry at times but it was an interesting doc about a font that's everywhere.

12. gaffordKINO's rating of the film Helvetica

The most recognizable font since the late 50s made the subject of an 80 minute documentary? Can you say, "Nerdgasm?" Perfect for anyone interested in graphic design/typography history.

13. Hazel Cills's rating of the film Helvetica

This whole movie should have been 30 minutes long, not 80. We get it, Helvetica is fucking everywhere. I looooved everything Paula Scher, Stefan Sagmeister, and David Carson said...those three interviews were the best part of the film, hands down. They said exactly what I think about Helvetica.

14. kowalski81's rating of the film Helvetica

A documentary about a single font? So cool and contemporary!! Well done!

15. Peter Barlow's rating of the film Helvetica

A film so poetic and piercing it serves almost a guide to understanding the relative meaninglessness of intention, and yet the direct power of even the smallest of small subtle interpretations of something like the curve of a serif.

16. Melberger's rating of the film Helvetica

The sequel, "Comic Sans" is sure to blown people away.

17. FailedImitator's rating of the film Helvetica

I never thought a documentary about a font would be good, let alone interesting. Well, I'll be damned.

18. ddrt's rating of the film Helvetica

This is the movie that changed my perception of typography.

19. defragmybrain's rating of the film Helvetica

i. love. everything. about. this. movie. end. of. story. mostly why i joined this site. minimalism, and beautiful execution of the site.

20. Mike L's rating of the film Helvetica

I love typefaces and handwriting. Naturally, I loved this movie.

21. Red Oleanders's rating of the film Helvetica

This journey into unraveling the history and contemporary life of a font makes for a brilliant exploration of the tenuous, often dialectical and highly interdependent relationship between materiality and aesthetics, commodities and underlying structures of meaning...that something so ubiquitous could have such a rich historical texture and cultural weave is a revelation made available by Hustwit.

22. Ryan Borja's rating of the film Helvetica

It tells us that design is everything - everywhere you look, everywhere you stare ... much of what you will see or relate to are made of design in order to communicate one's agenda.

23. oneflewup's rating of the film Helvetica

incredibly interesting!!! made my mind explode. i love font.