1. petit astronaute's rating of the film Henri-Georges Clouzot's Inferno

2. josé neves's rating of the film Henri-Georges Clouzot's Inferno

35mm. In Portuguese, the expression "que inferno!" means an unbearable situation. To pour on soundless images a wealth of illustrative and vacuous sounds and soundtrack, presenting testimonies with a dispensable background of 3 screens, makes me wonder where are the filmmakers who uses images' expressivity without normative accommodations - where?, for instance, in René Vautier's "Mourir pour des Images".

3. Psycoteraphy's rating of the film Henri-Georges Clouzot's Inferno

Not that great documentary, but the footage is great.

4. David R Williams's rating of the film Henri-Georges Clouzot's Inferno

"Taste of Cinema" sums this up rather succinctly..."Much like Colonel Kurtz in Apocalypse Now, Clouzot had gone mad"...while making this film. The acid drenched visuals are spectacular and what there is of the actual film...made me want to see it. Has Romy Schneider ever looked more erotic? Utterly amazing and utterly heartbreaking that it never was.

5. Seesaw's rating of the film Henri-Georges Clouzot's Inferno

Very interesting material. Clouzot's last attempt goes along with Andy Warhol, especially the Chelsea Girls. Except the actor's in front of Clouzot is more captive and frightened while Warhol's character is fragile and revealing.

6. zubee's rating of the film Henri-Georges Clouzot's Inferno

Ever wonder how flicks burn up cash and go over budget? Inferno shows you why.

7. Tom Rubendall's rating of the film Henri-Georges Clouzot's Inferno

Would kill to see a finished cut

8. Nick Gaetano's rating of the film Henri-Georges Clouzot's Inferno

love it_love Romy_love the film_so beautiful and insane

9. Elena's rating of the film Henri-Georges Clouzot's Inferno

Mesmerizing, and yet I think it's wrong to say it would have been his best movie, there is no way of knowing that since only bits and pieces are left of it. The visuals are impressive, and I loved how it captured Clouzot's personality and sufferings, he put so much of his own feelings into 'L'enfer'.

10. thelastronaut's rating of the film Henri-Georges Clouzot's Inferno

If only Clouzot's "Inferno" was finished and released! It looked like it would have been gorgeously terrifying and would have had a great impact on cinema. Instead, it sits, though to a lesser degree, alongside other unfinished masterpieces as Jodorowsky's "Dune" or Kubrick's "Napoleon".

11. Haley's rating of the film Henri-Georges Clouzot's Inferno

This movie was honestly really confusing.I wasn't exactly sure why it kept flashing back to a movie.I guess people in the present day would talk about an old movie and they would show the old movie too..I liked when they showed the old movie because it was really trippy and I liked the women's fashion from back in the day. Overall, the movie is really boring in my opinion and there's no reason for me to recommend it.

12. angeldromero's rating of the film Henri-Georges Clouzot's Inferno

No one would have believed without watching this documentary the way the film 8½ combined with anxiety and insomnia made Clouzot descend to madness. This documentary narrates very well the unbelievable story behind one of the best films never finished, L'Enfer, a film that would've most likely been very ahead of its time.

13. Loz Loory's rating of the film Henri-Georges Clouzot's Inferno

Hell is a director with an unlimited budget. At times this felt like a spoof along the lines of "Spinal Tap." Some many films have never been finished because the director has a breakdown. Really glad those shots with the revolving light effect never made it to the screen. Pretty tedious stuff.

14. kinojay33's rating of the film Henri-Georges Clouzot's Inferno

I like the recent trend of making documentaries about “lost” or incomplete films (“Jodorowsky’s Dune” is a good example), and this film did not disappoint. Rather than take the unethical (and always regrettable and disappointing) approach of trying to edit the footage/sound captured based on Clouzot’s script, Bromberg and Medrea present a montage of finished scenes, auditions, test footage, cast/crew interviews, etc.

15. Kevin's rating of the film Henri-Georges Clouzot's Inferno

Years ago I searched Romy online. This movie did not show. A fact gleaned from the material ample film existed to make more than one movie, whether they broke new ground... It makes you wonder how many other undone films exist, we hear about Orson Welles, but many must exist… The movie reminds me of Humanite. Romy’s end is so undone, with this film it seems her youth is undone too.

16. allexandra's rating of the film Henri-Georges Clouzot's Inferno

i wish romy schneider would whisper sweet nothings into my ears every beautiful night before i fall asleep

17. Ozu_Teapot's rating of the film Henri-Georges Clouzot's Inferno

(4) If you enjoyed the experimentation with kinetic and optical art, image distortion, and lighting shown in L'enfer then Clouzot's final film La prisonnière (AKA Woman in Chains) is well worth checking out.

18. Louisa Savignon's rating of the film Henri-Georges Clouzot's Inferno

19. Reynaldo Goulart's rating of the film Henri-Georges Clouzot's Inferno

20. Dan Kenneth Gigernes's rating of the film Henri-Georges Clouzot's Inferno

It may be an unfinished film, but the screen tests and scenes shot is so exceptional that it is hard to not love it as Romy Schneider looks gorgeous in every shot. The re-enactment with new actors for other scenes actually only enhances the experience and the only sad thing is that they should only have played every scene in it's entirety and then had the real-life drama story at the start. A must for any cinephile.

21. Jose Miguel's rating of the film Henri-Georges Clouzot's Inferno

La línea entre la historia de ficción y la vida del director se va volviendo cada vez más fina. Interesante, imagénes y footage hermoso. No obstante, al ser el primer encuentro con Henri-George Clouzot puede que me haya perdido un contexto importante. Quedo con muchas ganas de ver Les Diaboliques.

22. captainfez's rating of the film Henri-Georges Clouzot's Inferno

TFW someone's experiments are better than most full features.

23. Juan Javier's rating of the film Henri-Georges Clouzot's Inferno

Demasiada condescendencia con la megalomanía de un director que falla, para mi gusto.

24. Marco Della Motta's rating of the film Henri-Georges Clouzot's Inferno

An insightful lesson on how not to make a film.

← Previous 1 3 4 5