1. Samuel T.'s rating of the film Henri-Georges Clouzot's Inferno

I think I'll re-watch La prisonnière, and forget this ever happened.

2. letters never sent's rating of the film Henri-Georges Clouzot's Inferno

3. Kevin Matthews's rating of the film Henri-Georges Clouzot's Inferno

An interesting experiment, a look at an unfinished movie, and also a peek behind the curtain of the methodology used by director Henri-Georges Clouzot. Not always engrossing, but well worth seeing for the more fascinating moments.

4. miles's rating of the film Henri-Georges Clouzot's Inferno

wish that had been made, looked beautiful from what was shot!

5. Bill's rating of the film Henri-Georges Clouzot's Inferno

Two words: incredibly powerful. Much more so than I expected. Something very sad about it, too.

6. JCPJD's rating of the film Henri-Georges Clouzot's Inferno

I forced myself to watch this way past my bedtime as I thought it so well made and engaging. My one big gripe about this film is it does not delve, nearly even deep enough, into WHY Clouzot fell apart during the making of this film. But, other than that, this was a fascinating real-life recreation of 8 1/2...in french.

7. moniquekidman's rating of the film Henri-Georges Clouzot's Inferno

Seeing all of the footage and screen tests was quite interesting, but that footage probably could have been presented on its own without the rather lukewarm story of the making of the film.

8. m.jempson@btinternet.com's rating of the film Henri-Georges Clouzot's Inferno

Fascinating, and rather disturbing. When could/should the participants on both sides of the camera call a halt to pretension or seek help for the afflicted...

9. McOpinionated's rating of the film Henri-Georges Clouzot's Inferno

Too many talking heads, but about the right amount of costume screen-tests, bonkers analogue camera effects, colour experiments and so on. I'd much rather have seen "The Inferno Unseen" but doubt I could watch much of it anyway, any more than I'd stand for the same amount of time in front of every hanging in some Andy Warhol exhibition.

10. Zanna Walsh's rating of the film Henri-Georges Clouzot's Inferno

Visually stunning in parts..a fascinating piece behind the scenes..wonderfully put together, and an insight, of a sort, to the directors mind?. I admire the actors restraint, although, eventually, that had to end. Some beautiful, technically, new, and interesting shots and techniques. But, to me, I don't think he really knew what the finished product would be/look like. And that, and health, his downfall.

11. Tony Kelly's rating of the film Henri-Georges Clouzot's Inferno

OCPD strikes again. If you enjoyed Jorodowskis Dune you will probably like this. It has similar themes of directors obsessively chasing a perfection which does not exist. He sets a punishing work ethic which drives his team to exhaustion and causes them to abandon the production. Unable to detach from his obsessions the conclusion is no surprise. I would recommend as an example why obsessing over perfection is bad.

12. Ioannis Papaloizou's rating of the film Henri-Georges Clouzot's Inferno

Mesmerizing to watch the extent of technical experimentation and mood.

13. João Portalegre's rating of the film Henri-Georges Clouzot's Inferno

they did their research well and that shows, though their approach to presenting the information, I feel, wasn't the best - it actually made me feel like the film is something I wouldn't really be interested in watching, though I still think it might've deserved a much better documentary.

14. Andreja Mesarič's rating of the film Henri-Georges Clouzot's Inferno

A fascinating portrait of intimate partner violence from the perspective of the perpetrator.

15. smndvdcl's rating of the film Henri-Georges Clouzot's Inferno

'L'enfer' with a final cut could have become Clouzot's magnum opus. It touches on something innately universal despite its abstractions. Towing the line between genius and madness is the archetype of the finest art; stretching the faculties as a catalyst to volatility, to the limits of what the soul can bear is often where magic happens. Creative masochism, to subjugate oneself for truth is a gift to the audience.

16. FelicityDreamer's rating of the film Henri-Georges Clouzot's Inferno

This film is such a tease as we are given bits of a film that never was but would have been stunning, even ground breaking, had it been. Compelling documentary.

17. Sarah Pietsch's rating of the film Henri-Georges Clouzot's Inferno

Wow, that would have been one amazing film had it been finished. Fascinating documentary. Some revolutionary shots and effects - the whirling lights around the face was so effective. The best 'making a movie' movie I've seen. Excellent.

18. Superfrog's rating of the film Henri-Georges Clouzot's Inferno

Unique insight into what people thought of the process as well as access to the often breathtaking rushes of L'enfer, both it its traditional access and the amazing experiments with kinetic art. Lacks further analysis of what the film was to become and what was learned from the experience.

19. Federico D'Accinni's rating of the film Henri-Georges Clouzot's Inferno

This is one of the greatest documentaries about filmmaking I have ever seen; the pre-shoot tests with colour and image prove how visionary Clouzot was as a director. An extraordinary investigation into the psyche of a filmmaker and the troubled relations with his actors. Would have cinema really be revolutionised by his film? We'll never know.

20. Balthaz21's rating of the film Henri-Georges Clouzot's Inferno

21. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Henri-Georges Clouzot's Inferno

They kept talking about this film as if it would be an amazing revolutionary film. Hitchcock made Vertigo back in 1958, and this would have been very similar to the older film. The real story is not the film, but how Cluzot did a Heaven's Gate. Also it seemed pretty obvious to me that he was suffering from depression. Lots of work with little results. Grandiose notions.

22. pattiocleavis's rating of the film Henri-Georges Clouzot's Inferno

23. Gyseltrut's rating of the film Henri-Georges Clouzot's Inferno

Could have been hands down a mesmerizing film, if finished. What a loss.

24. HALLENSLEBEN's rating of the film Henri-Georges Clouzot's Inferno

fascinant, frustrant, ça aurait pu être mon film préféré