1. Jane de Deus's rating of the film Henry Fool

Nice sleazy masterpiece of American cinema.

2. Ann Burden's rating of the film Henry Fool

3. truffraud's rating of the film Henry Fool

4. Josh Lewellen's rating of the film Henry Fool

A closing sequence for the ages, and cinema's answer to the "Great American Novel." In a word, astonishing.

5. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Henry Fool

I know it's pretentious, but it's my kind of pretentious. The dry humour is what really sells it for me.

6. postblueink's rating of the film Henry Fool

8.5/10 (15.02.2016). my american Mike Leigh: social, dirty, love.

7. BernardoDiniz's rating of the film Henry Fool

9.6/10 idiosyncratic and quirky.

8. matteo carini's rating of the film Henry Fool

actually very well written and solid. the contrast and the attraction between the characters are well constructed and moving, in the end

9. Jason's rating of the film Henry Fool

Hartley circumvented the possible humiliation of propping up a sincere fable about artistic glory / ignominy (purportedly inspired by the relationship between Joyce and Beckett) by making his most silly movie (even sillier than Amateur!). At the time it came out it felt a bit like a let down. Too arch? Too quirky? To droll? I loved revisiting it, but it still feels like it is apologizing for its ambition.

10. Amadeus Magnus's rating of the film Henry Fool

neverending story: it must been six hours. sh*t.

11. Alvi Ifthikhar's rating of the film Henry Fool

This film is drier than dry-comedy itself. Dry/black/Deadpan humor usually rest on conversations, action, and quirky events. Henry Fool's morbid humor lies on the mood and the surprisingly charming events came out from paleness of events. Its comedy hangs in the air itself, it moves very awkwardly, very idiosyncratic, and retarded at times. This is one kind of a laugh I've never had before, and it is damn good.

12. Susana Bessa's rating of the film Henry Fool

This is Hal Hartley's best work. And his best is not just very good, it is indescribably addictive and reminiscent of a better time in cinema, a time where cinema used to give its audience something more to feel instead of just giving you catchy dialogues to contemplate. Like I said, it is hard to describe. But if I was to describe it, I'd probably kill it. So do yourself a favour and give this one a try.

13. kampton's rating of the film Henry Fool

Deeply moving from beginning to end. The final scene is one of my favorites in film.

14. gematoma's rating of the film Henry Fool

15. SpaceOctopus's rating of the film Henry Fool

One of the best movies I've ever seen :)

16. rorydean's rating of the film Henry Fool

Fabulous film with fantastic artful and poetic dialog that rings true and gives the film a kind of charm that many character studies struggle with and ultimately never fully realize. Thomas Jay Ryan does such a remarkable job with the character of Henry Fool that this film requires multiple viewings.

17. Raven's rating of the film Henry Fool

Suprisingly good movie with an even better script. Unfortunately the acting and direction could have been better in my opinion. I still recommend seeing it.

18. PYSZNY's rating of the film Henry Fool

19. Gordon Buno-Basire's rating of the film Henry Fool

A HUGE favorite of mine. Hartley is a brilliant writer.

20. Venus Sands's rating of the film Henry Fool

21. Roberto Russo's rating of the film Henry Fool

Brilliant first half, atrocious second half.

22. Coughcap's rating of the film Henry Fool

One of my favourite films.