1. Jorge Sobral's rating of the film Henry Gamble's Birthday Party

Deal with that repression through all those interactions past the moment it becomes redundant and any reaction or liberation will feel like a bore.

2. lapalela's rating of the film Henry Gamble's Birthday Party

The only cool thing was when he gets the "Kaboom" DVD as a gift, little wink at Gregg Araki

3. Joe Hackman's rating of the film Henry Gamble's Birthday Party

A very good little film with some interesting character dynamics and scary accurate portrayal of Christian peer pressure and homophobia.

4. Cláudio Martins da Silva Alves's rating of the film Henry Gamble's Birthday Party

Like an Evangelical Midwestern “La règle du jeu”, this is a marvel of modest, yet incisive, humanist filmmaking. What could be brazen and too blunt in the hands of a lesser director, turns, in Cone’s hands, into a generous collective portrait of a community and the painful contradictions inherent to their way of seeing the world. The nimble, heartfelt naturalism of the actor’s performances is marvelous to behold.

5. OldGermanCurrency's rating of the film Henry Gamble's Birthday Party

6. thomisdead's rating of the film Henry Gamble's Birthday Party

The themes aren't that much explored, even if there is some valid ones, as the religious pressure against the sexual desires of the characters, but I found myself so bored at so many parts of the movie that I almost stopped watching it. The soundtrack is good, though.

7. saitosouta's rating of the film Henry Gamble's Birthday Party

At first, ostensibly this movie's ordinary grandhotel movie with somehow disquieting mood. But gradually, you notice this depicts evangelical community & how suppressing their creed's for people, especially people's sexual desire & orientation. Very minimal narrative, but acute look to a modern discrimination in America. Deeply, deeply impressed, one of my best movie in 2016 so far MUST WATCH, ABSOLUTELY MUST WATCH.

8. Eric Sherwood's rating of the film Henry Gamble's Birthday Party

AGHHH Why did you move the damn thing back and forth on ur face!? AGHHHHH.

9. Des Horne's rating of the film Henry Gamble's Birthday Party

Does every film about a "sensitive" gay teenager today need a voyeuristic masturbation scene? Seriously, they all have them. I worry about young actors like these.