1. FISCHER's rating of the film Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer

Une étude quasi-clinique de la violence dans laquelle la psychologie n'a aucune place. Insoutenable de part son aspect documentaire, un film intelligent et prometteur. www.cinefiches.com

2. Slappy McGee's rating of the film Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer

Led by a great controlled performance by Rooker, this movie will creep into you psyche and hide there in a dark corner. It's scary to think that monsters like these are lurking out there behind any crooked corner. The ending is also an example of very smart and minimalist filmmaking. It shows great restraint and perfectly wraps up the origin story of this character. It's as great a moment as it is truly disturbing.

3. Nick Potter's rating of the film Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer

Michael Rooker might be one of the greatest talents consistently not acknowledged for being as damn good as he is.

4. Rocco's rating of the film Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer

Maybe I'm just desensitized, but this did nothing for me. With the word "portrait" in the title, you'd think this film would have a certain intelligence but you'd be dead wrong. I don't really see why everyone gushes about this one. Honestly, it's a bit of a snooze and doesn't even really boast the "gritty realism" it's so famous for. The last ten minutes were okay.

5. HicBitmeyenAkbil's rating of the film Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer

Best slasher movie of all time. Modus operandi scene is great. Thank u John McNaughton!

6. brick_bro's rating of the film Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer

A stark and disturbing experience that offers moments of compassion that are quickly smothered by another American outcast.

7. Morris Bros.'s rating of the film Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer

8. caitlin.f's rating of the film Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer

probably one of the most demented movies i've ever seen.

9. Ian Detlefsen's rating of the film Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer

So that's where Jeremy Saulnier ripped it off... what immaculate taste he has.

10. Bernardo Anderson's rating of the film Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer

What an interesting look into the mind of a killer. I was very surprised by how much I liked this movie. I also really enjoyed the 80's videocam look.

11. Kevin's rating of the film Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer

This movie holds up remarkably well as it turns 31, better than most or nearly all films made on or before 1986. It does it with stills as much as action, and leaves the necessary connection to the viewer, who in another film might see the stills as disconnected horror shots, while here they leave no doubt as to their perpetrator, fantrastic!!!

12. David R Williams's rating of the film Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer

One of the more horrifying serial killer films. Nothing supernatural about Henry. Just seriously bad craziness.

13. misgenc's rating of the film Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer

14. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer

15. ShawnD's rating of the film Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer

The most disturbing movie I've ever seen. That doesn't mean I enjoyed it, but Michael Rooker's performance is that of a virtuoso. The rest of the film is a far cry from the gratuitous and sanitized violence that was rife on movie screens in the 80s. In watching "Henry," the viewer is forced to consider the impact of all the fictionalized bloodshed he's been privy to.

16. Ethan's rating of the film Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer

This is honestly one of the scariest and most realistic films ever made. Michael Rooker gives the performance of his career here in this spine chilling film.

17. Samuel Wells's rating of the film Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer

This film is rough to watch, it does not shy away from the images that make your skin crawl. It shows you everything you don't want to imagine and delivers it coldly. Unlike most films about serial killers, Henry actively dissuades the viewer from fetishizing its killer character. The film gives a stand-in for the audience as well, and shows what romanticizing does. It gives an icky feeling that lasts all day.

18. Levent Güçer's rating of the film Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer

19. Matthew Catanzano's rating of the film Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer

The film has a lot more intention and conscience than the genre generally lends itself to. Rooker made his career on this restrained performance. Dark Knight absolutely stole "Know how I got these scars?", an awful lot like "You wanna know how I kilt my mother?" It is the earliest major film to portray these types of actions in a real way. Compassion is shown to every character, which is why it is terrifying.

20. James Mackin's rating of the film Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer

Michael Rooker is a very underrated character actor, and he is simply stellar here.

21. -REM-'s rating of the film Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer

22. Dogukan4Ever's rating of the film Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer

23. Andrew Miller's rating of the film Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer

"I'd rather watch Brigadoon than Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer."

24. Dries's rating of the film Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer

Noiosissimo e non fedele alla vera storia di HLL , come si possa definire disturbante un film in cui Otis sembra il simpaticone che ti offre l'amaro del capo al bar sotto casa ancora non me lo spiego

← Previous 1 3 4