1. FISCHER's rating of the film Here's Your Life

Un film souvent magnifique, adapté d'un chef-d'oeuvre de la littérature scandinave, emprunt de poésie et d'humanisme qui ne laisse personne indifférent... www.cinefiches.com

2. David Sindmark Hörnfeldt's rating of the film Here's Your Life

Not the greatest but undoubtedly one of the greatest Swedish films ever made. A modernist take on the social realist text of Eyvind Johnson.

3. Brady's rating of the film Here's Your Life

Jan Troell is one of cinemas great humanist. This is raw, truthful and presents life without much fabrication. On the other side it remains having its delicate sense of movie making and fantasy which enlightens us all.

4. εξώτερο Διάστημα's rating of the film Here's Your Life

Watching the restoration, at first I thought that the photography would evanesce before my eyes like WHF Talbot's early, exceedingly frail photogenic drawings: most scenes are replete with a hypersensitive calotype impermanence suggesting rapid dissolution seconds following exposure. Yet here is a hidden tour de force directed, also cowritten, photographed & edited by Troell. What an intoxicating recollection moment!

5. Karl J. Kipling's rating of the film Here's Your Life

3.5. Basically a string of episodes in the life of a young man who's incapable of holiding down a job. Goes on too long, rambles too much, but is also often very sharply observed (those mosquitoes on the hands!) and always nice to look at.

6. Christopher McQuain's rating of the film Here's Your Life

7. Jason's rating of the film Here's Your Life

As an inveterate cinephile from way back, it is rare that Criterion drops stuff upon me that I know little to nothing about. With the recent addition of the not-formally-dissimilar Marketa Lazarová and Here's Your Life, I feel like they have done me a true service. Here's Your Life is the most elegant stridently-inelegant film I have possibly ever seen. If that makes sense. An extraordinary patchwork. Wisdom at play.

8. ASHES IN THE HOURGLASS's rating of the film Here's Your Life

A personal epic that never lost my attention, mostly because of its complete unpredictability and the all around spectacular cast. Its style seems to change substantially after 30 minutes in, when it leaves behind its almost Malick-esque representation of memory for a much more naturalistic and down-to-earth approach. It's also interesting to see the parallel growth of cinema and socialism, forever aligned ever since

9. Carl's rating of the film Here's Your Life

I have it on DVD. Bought it a few months ago. I was very pleased when I finnaly could add this treasure to my movie collection. It is indeed hard to find. I ordered it online, on a Swedish website called "ginza". http://www.prisjakt.nu/produkt.php?p=827763 Check this link, you will find a list of websites and stores where you can buy this movie. I hope I have been of some help. :) Have a good one!

10. dylanhughes's rating of the film Here's Your Life

Where have people watched this? I don't see a DVD release or anything...

11. Martinus's rating of the film Here's Your Life

At last this forgotten masterpiece gets a Blu-ray release! More than ten years ago I saw it by chance in the Brussels cinematheque, didn't know what to expect and was blown away by it. Mike Leigh is also an admirer and introduces it here: www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_h0-qlaXJQ