1. Ethan's rating of the film Hi, Mom!

It's no Greetings but it still has its moments and it is a delight to see a young Robert De Niro do comedy.

2. FISCHER's rating of the film Hi, Mom!

Une énorme stupidité, médiocrement filmée et d'une indigence totale... www.cinefiches.com

3. Diderot's rating of the film Hi, Mom!

A not-very-cohesive but often brilliantly hilarious movie about urban American life around 1970 starring a beautiful young Robert de Niro as an adorable psychotic.

4. kubrickhallway's rating of the film Hi, Mom!

The parts are worth more than the sum here, but this is an incredibly interesting film. A must see for De Palma fans. Charles Durning plays a class act apartment manager in this.

5. Maksym Rooban's rating of the film Hi, Mom!

scene of de Niro and Salt date + de Niro crashing pizza in a moment of passion

6. El Biffo's rating of the film Hi, Mom!

"You see that cleavage? Huh? Where are you gonna get that? You don't get that in a Fellini film!" 2 different things going on here, first a comical, voyeuristic look at voyeurism, with De Palma's camera on De Niro's camera filming other people in their windows, some of whom are also making home movies; then the film morphs into a Godardian political farce. De Niro is good, but I just love Allen Garfield :-)

7. CarlosEsquives's rating of the film Hi, Mom!

De Palma repite con más gracia ese discurso vouyerista de su precuela, aunque con menos sugerencia, esa conección en donde el cine está en función con el fetichismo de ver. Pero hay más. Parece dividirse en dos partes, sobre el peep-art y el Be black, discursos que no encuentran más común que en la misma sátira. Ver ese montaje teatral es como filtrar un corto dentro del filme. La secuencia es buena aunque desencaja.

8. Konrad Szlendak's rating of the film Hi, Mom!

Fantastic... theatre of revolt.

9. Cinema Paradisio's rating of the film Hi, Mom!

I finally know what it's like to be black in America. It's awesome!

10. T. J. Harman's rating of the film Hi, Mom!

Would make a nice double feature with DAVID HOLZMAN'S DIARY or a Peter Watkins movie. I wish De Palma (or De Niro for that matter) still made wild movies like this. A film of its time in the best sense. The hand held camera section of the "Be Black Baby'' play is really amazing.

11. Abhirup's rating of the film Hi, Mom!

The part where De Niro meticulously plots his scheme of "strategically seducing" his "love interest" is brilliant.A zany satire, the film also showcases the Cinéma vérité film culture.Flits seamlessly between De Niro's shenanigans and the documentary on blacks in America.Be Black,Baby!

12. Checkpoint Charlie's rating of the film Hi, Mom!

13. Zane Curtis-Olsen's rating of the film Hi, Mom!

Be Black, Baby! It's too bad De Palma lost his sense of humor. Kept the interest in voyeurism, though.

14. Cbarky99's rating of the film Hi, Mom!

Who says Brian De Palma doesn't have a sense of humor?

15. The Mad Dog's rating of the film Hi, Mom!

16. Maximilian XXI's rating of the film Hi, Mom!

This film is a landmark in American cinema, but mainstream audiences associate De Palma's name with Scarface and The Untouchables... which is sad, as this is one of his best.

17. clement's rating of the film Hi, Mom!

18. Matthew's rating of the film Hi, Mom!

Would love to see this get a Criterion release. I'd buy that in an instant. This is my favorite De Palma film. A true gem.

19. Liam Grieves's rating of the film Hi, Mom!

Some good ideas and concepts, as well as a good performance from De Niro... but the film feels very disjointed. Going from a smart, sharp satire to an unwelcomely abrasive film documenting a movement of "urban terrorism". Strange, and I'm not sure in the good way.

20. Jack Lineman's rating of the film Hi, Mom!

When I was about 12 years old I can remember that I was very briefly obsessed with this film.

21. Dave's rating of the film Hi, Mom!

I agree that this one is good and interesting in spots, but feels too disjointed overall to be considered among De Palma's best.

22. C-Mac's rating of the film Hi, Mom!

Prior to seeing this movie I never got how De Palma fit in the same category as Scorsese and Coppola, more like a John Carpenter type. I get it now.

23. H. K. ‡'s rating of the film Hi, Mom!

If you can't beat them, annihilate them!

24. Drewcifer's rating of the film Hi, Mom!

Be Black Baby is the skeleton key to understanding De Palma. Sublime!