1. virginwolf's rating of the film High Anxiety

not the best mel brooks. you gotta love the meta-jokes though. my favorite of all of brooks is the camera into the window zoom. but you can live without it.

2. Richmond Hill's rating of the film High Anxiety

An uneven partial parody of Hitchcockian moments. I say partial, as despite there being plenty to mine in Hitch's ouevre (if you must parody), Brooks tosses in non sequiturs and extra business which just confuse and pad things out in unequal measure. You're never entirely short changed with Brooks - there are amusing moments - but it's a rickety rag bag of gags, no more, no less.

3. MarcusArcus's rating of the film High Anxiety

4. lostlevel's rating of the film High Anxiety

It's serviceable but nowhere near as fun as Blazing Saddles or Young Frankenstein.

5. Moses Lumpkin's rating of the film High Anxiety

6. Des Horne's rating of the film High Anxiety

Redeemed by the presence of Harvey Korman.

7. mjgildea's rating of the film High Anxiety

High Anxiety kind of proves that Brooks more or less peaked with Blazing Saddles and Young Frankenstein. High Anxiety isn't a phenomenal Brooks movie or a Hitchcock spoof (I felt like I wasn't picking up on enough references) but I definitely laughed out loud (namely at the hypnosis fight and neck pains and werewolf dreams scenes.) Actually, the more I think about High Anxiety the more I like it...

8. Roscoe's rating of the film High Anxiety

It never quite takes off somehow -- gags are just shoved in all over the place. Nowhere near the accomplishment of YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN.

9. Enquan Gu's rating of the film High Anxiety

Hilarious Parody of Hitch's.

10. Silenzio's rating of the film High Anxiety

For people who love Hitchcock and generally find Brooks funny this is unmissable. Hilarious!

11. Amadeus Magnus's rating of the film High Anxiety

what a tasteless humor. waste of time.

12. AKFilmFan's rating of the film High Anxiety

It has it's moments, but with my knowledge of everything Hitchcock limited at the moment it didn't wow me like it should have. My opinion will probably change with more viewings of the Master of Suspense's films.

13. Edna Sweetlove's rating of the film High Anxiety

Those who are tardy do not get fruit cup.

14. Jaspar Lamar Crabb's rating of the film High Anxiety

simply put, one of the funniest films of the 1970s. Dismissed by critics for having the gumption to spoof Hitchcock, HIGH ANXIETY is like one hilarious skit after another. And who can beat Cloris Leachman & Harvey Korman as two of the most demented villians imaginable?

15. Pierre's rating of the film High Anxiety

It's corny, but the Hitchcock stuff is funny.