1. scarlett's rating of the film High Art

This film was awful. There was no character development, the dialogue was terrible and it didn't feel real or romantic in any way. You couldn't empathise or understand the characters motives because there was no character there... I was expecting something a lot better since its directed by a queer woman, but this just fell into every lesbian trope ever.

2. Kk Soft Boss's rating of the film High Art

3. Byron N's rating of the film High Art

Creating a fictional "Fassbinder actress" (and one who didn't resemble any of the dozen plus real Fassbinder actresses in any respect) has to have been one of the dumbest and most flagrantly amateur scriptwriting decisions of the decade.

4. krýsuvík's rating of the film High Art

"What is.. a piece.. for frame?"

5. Cinema Omnivore's rating of the film High Art

7/10, my review: http://wp.me/p1eXom-1o3

6. jl jsprs's rating of the film High Art

I love movies about gays, I love movies about drugs, and I love movies about working girls when it's portrayed nicely, but there wasn't a silver of happiness in the film. I found it incredibly aesethetically pleasing and real, but it emotionally drained me.

7. halfacig's rating of the film High Art

This is basically a longer and more beautifully shot version of the first episode of the L Word, which is not to say I didn't thoroughly enjoy it.

8. Jobsdone's rating of the film High Art

9. sandracine's rating of the film High Art

Ally Sheedy needs to make more films.

10. M****'s rating of the film High Art

script needs some work, like extract "sexy" from the dialogue. But nice. Looked good. great actors.

11. Amandio Filipe Moura's rating of the film High Art

Impressive independent film (3.8/5)

12. Pedro Franceschini's rating of the film High Art

The actors are very good in their characters. And there's this "languishing" feel all along the movie that is so good. But it just seems like it doesn't get anywhere, and maybe that is the idea, like the characters are just abandoned, but the movie seems to fall under its own light weight.

13. Eleizasra's rating of the film High Art

Lucy's photography was amazing. It sort of shows how blurry the line between reality and art is, if there even is a line...

14. Zachary Curl's rating of the film High Art

meh. i had a friend who loved this movie when we were in highschool and i still don't get it. i think it's boring and exhausting, and isn't much more than it's view from afar. the title itself only aids in making it a pretentous piece of the director's portfolio.

15. slaepwerigne's rating of the film High Art

i cringed all through this. academic circlejerking to the core.

16. nick hall's rating of the film High Art

A moving film following the portrayal of a successful photographer who challenges the conventions of the art industry and a young editor, who is drawn into a love affair with the photographer. I especially loved the friends who revolved around the photographer - Lucy Berliner. Great photography and filming.

17. Westley's rating of the film High Art

18. Alice Tynan's rating of the film High Art

Patricia Clarkson is a force of nature! This was a little too earnest at times, but definitely worth a look for Cholodenko fans.

19. Garçon Manqué's rating of the film High Art

20. rita amal's rating of the film High Art

My 2nd Cholodenko film after seeing "The Kids Are Alright" in Berlin. I loved it! So tragically 90s. I would totally do heroin with Patricia Clarkson in 1998.

21. zazie's rating of the film High Art

Recently revisited this, and the ending still gutted me.