1. spasmolytic's rating of the film High Fidelity

I believe John Cusack could manage to make any film entertaining. And Tim Robbins is so damn hilarious in this. As are the two record store employee characters. I don't typically like comedy or these kind of romance stories, but sometimes I need something lighthearted unfortunately.

2. steeeeellaaaaa's rating of the film High Fidelity

took me a while to fight John Cusak's charm and actually realise his character is a masive douchebag

3. Cybunny's rating of the film High Fidelity

3.5 because very relatable at this point in time.

4. FISCHER's rating of the film High Fidelity

En transposant l'action à Chicago, Stephen Frears perd beaucoup du charme et de l'humour qui faisaient le prix du sympathique livre de Nick Hornby.. www.cinefiches.com

5. eleventries's rating of the film High Fidelity

1. entrete 2. buen soundtrack 3. que bacán trabajar en un disquería (en la época que se vendían discos)

6. Maude Marcotte's rating of the film High Fidelity

Watch this if you want to see John Cusack acting like a little bitch in the rain way too many times.

7. SeemsLikeFun's rating of the film High Fidelity

Only gets the third star for Jack Black's performance. Other than him and the fact that a record store makes for a pleasant setting, it's completely mediocre. Jack singing "Let's Get It On" but replacing the end of every other line with "sugah" remains one of the most inexplicably funny scenes ever, though.

8. truffraud's rating of the film High Fidelity

stays pretty true to the hornby novel. rob gordon is the typical self-pitying white male narrator horizontally shifted to be a "music appreciator", and of course this means his teeny problems are blown to grand proportions while the people on the other end of his relationships suffer. the movie is sweet and one-note (yeah that's a pun), a middling and relatable self-growth story for every record collector.

9. el.duderino's rating of the film High Fidelity

Exposition is one of the tiring things a screenwriter needs to get out of the way before getting to the crux of the story. Bad writers do it by way of sappy, inverosimile dialog. Not here though, as that sort of thing is rightfully discarded to make room for actually enjoyable repartee without the need to make the viewer privy to the characters' history. Breaking the 4th wall and the top 5 trope work just as well.

10. Stefano Campagna's rating of the film High Fidelity

11. vN44NvAA / noncivez's rating of the film High Fidelity

12. Ethan's rating of the film High Fidelity

This would make a great double bill with Say Anything. Just imagine Lloyd Dobbler grew up and lost all his optimism and opened a record store. You've gotta love John Cusack.

13. Arandhitio Ballagi's rating of the film High Fidelity

14. Anastasia's rating of the film High Fidelity

15. Mark O. Stack's rating of the film High Fidelity

Jack Black really jumps off the screen.

16. Jim Fear's rating of the film High Fidelity

Read the book but the film managed to surpass it. When I'm 30 something I think I will do some ex-girlfriend hunting.

17. Nathanielll's rating of the film High Fidelity

The only parts I enjoyed are those aligned more accurately with the book, the book is original; this film is sadly not.

18. James Mackin's rating of the film High Fidelity

Jack Black takes this film from good to great.

19. Pedro Soares's rating of the film High Fidelity

jack black shouldn't be there

20. SpacePirate's rating of the film High Fidelity

Pretty good adaptation of the novel. Black and Cusack work well together. A shame thata lot of record shops are an artifact of the past nowadays

21. Andrew Miller's rating of the film High Fidelity

I thought I would love this, given my interests and background. But looking at the image here on MUBI from the film, I remember how insufferably obnoxious the whole thing seemed at the time. An encouragement for self-reflection, perhaps.

22. Mtume Gant's rating of the film High Fidelity

Charming film that I honestly can relate to.

23. lndah's rating of the film High Fidelity

My top 5 rom-com, 4 slots are actually empty...

24. Mux07's rating of the film High Fidelity