1. DenoResandono's rating of the film High Fidelity

Stephen Frears has succeed to make an entertaining movie about break-up with some great music references in HIGH FIDELITY. I really loved the simplicity in its storytelling. It's just - flow like a river. Watching HIGH FIDELITY is like being a guest in Rob Gordon's house and listening to him talking about his Top 5 Break-ups. Not to mention a great performance from Jack Black. Cusack & Black should collaborate again!

2. Axel's rating of the film High Fidelity

John Cusack have never been better... in my opinion. Also, this is just a feel good movie that always makes me want to open up a music store of my own... and I never listen to music.

3. blkrchs's rating of the film High Fidelity

4. F/K's rating of the film High Fidelity

Intreasting blend of Woody Allen and John Hughes sprinkled with some Richard Linklater. Despite some flaws, this is a very good movie with wonderfully arranged songs, this is a film that will make you laugh and smile.

5. spasmolytic's rating of the film High Fidelity

I don't typically like this genre, but sometimes I need something lighthearted unfortunately.

6. steeeeellaaaaa (Iulia N)'s rating of the film High Fidelity

took me a while to fight John Cusak's charm and actually realise his character is a masive douchebag

7. Cybunny's rating of the film High Fidelity

3.5 because very relatable at this point in time.

8. FISCHER's rating of the film High Fidelity

En transposant l'action à Chicago, Stephen Frears perd beaucoup du charme et de l'humour qui faisaient le prix du sympathique livre de Nick Hornby.. www.cinefiches.com

9. eleventries's rating of the film High Fidelity

1. entrete 2. buen soundtrack 3. que bacán trabajar en un disquería (en la época que se vendían discos)

10. Maude Marcotte's rating of the film High Fidelity

Watch this if you want to see John Cusack acting like a little bitch in the rain way too many times.

11. SeemsLikeFun's rating of the film High Fidelity

Only gets the third star for Jack Black's performance. Other than him and the fact that a record store makes for a pleasant setting, it's completely mediocre. Jack singing "Let's Get It On" but replacing the end of every other line with "sugah" remains one of the most inexplicably funny scenes ever, though.

12. truffraud's rating of the film High Fidelity

stays pretty true to the hornby novel. rob gordon is the typical self-pitying white male narrator horizontally shifted to be a "music appreciator", and of course this means his teeny problems are blown to grand proportions while the people on the other end of his relationships suffer. the movie is sweet and one-note (yeah that's a pun), a middling and relatable self-growth story for every record collector.

13. el.duderino's rating of the film High Fidelity

Exposition is one of the tiring things a screenwriter needs to get out of the way before getting to the crux of the story. Bad writers do it by way of sappy, inverosimile dialog. Not here though, as that sort of thing is rightfully discarded to make room for actually enjoyable repartee without the need to make the viewer privy to the characters' history. Breaking the 4th wall and the top 5 trope work just as well.

14. Stefano Campagna's rating of the film High Fidelity

15. noncivez's rating of the film High Fidelity

16. Ethan's rating of the film High Fidelity

This would make a great double bill with Say Anything. Just imagine Lloyd Dobbler grew up and lost all his optimism and opened a record store. You've gotta love John Cusack.

17. Arandhitio Ballagi's rating of the film High Fidelity

18. Anastasia's rating of the film High Fidelity

19. Mark O. Stack's rating of the film High Fidelity

Jack Black really jumps off the screen.

20. BernardoDiniz's rating of the film High Fidelity

Read the book but the film managed to surpass it. When I'm 30 something I think I will do some ex-girlfriend hunting.

21. Nathanielll's rating of the film High Fidelity

The only parts I enjoyed are those aligned more accurately with the book, the book is original; this film is sadly not.

22. James Mackin's rating of the film High Fidelity

Jack Black takes this film from good to great.

23. Pedro Soares's rating of the film High Fidelity

jack black shouldn't be there

24. SpacePirate's rating of the film High Fidelity

Pretty good adaptation of the novel. Black and Cusack work well together. A shame thata lot of record shops are an artifact of the past nowadays

← Previous 1 3 4 5