1. Cinema2010's rating of the film High Plains Drifter

How can people praise a movie as misogynist as this? I found this movie a male fantasy cliche that had aged badly.

2. Rūdolfs R. Vītoliņš's rating of the film High Plains Drifter

3. J.J. 'Jake' Gittes's rating of the film High Plains Drifter

Clint Eastwood at its finest; a genre for itself.

4. merzka's rating of the film High Plains Drifter

Come for a bath, stay for retaliation

5. Nelson Núñez's rating of the film High Plains Drifter

El primer western dirigido por Clint Eastwood resulta una pequeña joya cargada de una atmósfera surrealista y absurda llena de violencia e incorrección política.

6. James Mackin's rating of the film High Plains Drifter

Probably my favourite ghost story ever.

7. Ethan's rating of the film High Plains Drifter

A nice early effort from Clint Eastwood that solidified his badass persona as an actor and director. This would make a great double bill with Pale Rider.

8. Marta's rating of the film High Plains Drifter

"only problem you got sheriff is a short supply of guts"

9. un flic's rating of the film High Plains Drifter

Usually censored on TV.classic Clint Direction not bad for a 1st film.errie supernatural seen it 15 times in 35 years like the birds or where eagles dare always seems like I'm seeing it for the 1st time. It was on TCM cable again. probably Top 30 of 70s movies? Gotta see it again.

10. Michael Zyx MH Claes's rating of the film High Plains Drifter

11. IV NEVER BEEN TO A RODEO's rating of the film High Plains Drifter

red village - the posse caught up with me and dragged me back to prison.

12. bartkl's rating of the film High Plains Drifter

Starring Clint as a cynical, egotistical asshole, this movie is creatively cruel with the right amount of absurdity to make it funny. I like that the entire city is treated like shit, except for the town midget and Indians. I like how he eventually turns out to be no bigger asshole than the town's inhabitants. My only dislike was of the spiritual overtone with the beaten-to-death sheriff which is just plain stupid.

13. Alexandre Roy's rating of the film High Plains Drifter

I love that movie. It's the first western directed by Eastwood himself and I think he did a tremendous job. His character is so violent, with almost no redeeming qualities, but once you understand his motivation you kind of see him in another light. I liked the almost mystical feel of the film, the town all painted in red and the nightmarish flashbacks.

14. Ricardo Zambujo's rating of the film High Plains Drifter

15. Tigrão's rating of the film High Plains Drifter

Damn, Clint can't even enjoy a shave and a hot bath without being assaulted by three hillbillies... Give the man a break!

16. MS1915's rating of the film High Plains Drifter

The gritty, supernatural tone that Eastwood brings to this film is unprecedented. It's vicious and raw and real. The thematic elements all come together to take what was once a small mining town and turn it into hell, painted red by a lost soul without a marker. Leone's influence on Eastwood is unmistakable. I really enjoyed this film and this version of Eastwood.

17. Øyvind Rype's rating of the film High Plains Drifter

A twisted, dark take on Zinnemann's High Noon that plays around with the western conventions. A film that feels familiar in terms of the genre, but leaves you with a slightly different flavour than its peers.

18. X27's rating of the film High Plains Drifter

Really really awful film. Okay that is unfair but raping a woman and then twisting the story to make it appear as if she liked and wanted it??? Wtf???? And this not once but twice???? I just cannot get past that, sorry. This is the stuff the Steubenville rape case is made of. What a shame because otherwise this movie really would be a master piece.

19. LuísMarques's rating of the film High Plains Drifter

"You're a man who makes people afraid, and that's dangerous." "Well, it's what people know about themselves inside that makes 'em afraid." definitely my kind of movie

20. film_lies101's rating of the film High Plains Drifter

bleak.ugly.grim. how I like my westerns

21. Justin Vicari's rating of the film High Plains Drifter

This stoner western holds up beautifully. It's so purely conceived and directed that it feels almost Asian. It ranks with the great iconoclastic works of the 70s. The male imaginary of a woman who likes getting ravished (by a white movie star) must have seemed more plausible in 1973. This film is so powerful that it makes the same imaginary seem almost plausible in 2013. We are all Lagoans who long to be Clint!

22. Zach Closs's rating of the film High Plains Drifter

"I never did know your name..." "Yes, you do." One of the most eerie moments I've ever seen in a western.

23. Pierluigi Puccini's rating of the film High Plains Drifter

Eastwood at his most nihilistic and vicious. He comes out like an avenging ghost, a supernatural gunfighter collecting the souls of coward men for his return to the underworld. A feeling accentuated by an eerie musical score and strange oniric passages. An extremely satisfying cross between western and horror, well learnt craft from his masters Leone and Siegel.

24. Vinicius Aguiari's rating of the film High Plains Drifter